Chapter 1

It was present day New York as the snow fell from the heavens and onto the soil. Soon all of New York was covered in the winter delight as children shouted in joy.

Kids everywhere played in the sheet of white as even teenagers got into the spirit of fun by attacking each other with snowballs.

Late in the eventful evening as couples drank hot chocolate laughing with each other and holding hands across the tables in the café.

To experience joy in the world was one thing.

But to go through many things meant something completely different if you weren't referring to happiness.

Three children sat together separated from the rest of the foster home.

One of the girls with dark dyed straight purple hair, icy blue eyes and a goldish nose ring looked out the window as her hands tried to reach out to the snow.

The barrier of glass prevented the girl to touch them.

The older sister with blazing red wavy hair and blue eyes was focused on dabbing the bloody cuts in rubbing alcohol, attempting to get them healing faster.

The youngest sister of the two sat on the edge wincing slightly as each dab stung. Her brown hair everywhere, but in a natural looking way. Her eyes were the same color as her siblings, except they were the brightest.

Filled with curiousity, innocent, care-free optimistic additude was written all over her.

A few times her fiery redhead sister would look up at her making eye contact. There the ten-year old sat patiently.

After a few more dabs, the oldest sister sighed heavily as she was the first to speak up.

"Madeline, will you care to explain what happened out there?"

"I asked the girls if they wanted to play jump over the lava."

"What happened?"

"We started to play, and that's when one of the girls accidentally shoved me while trying to cross. I fell into a hole."

"Rylie, the brat pushed her. I saw it with my own eyes! She even blamed Madds for pushing the girl over. Madds did nothing!" The middle child cracked.

As she finished, Rylie let Madeline free to go. The child ran straight to the window on the other side and got out her drawing pad. She started painting the dusk sky.

"Selena, I know well enough what happened out there. I know the kid framed Maddie, but I wanted to see what Madds thought about it. The little liars in this house can't even be trusted."

"Rylie, Madeline is an innocent baby who wouldn't hurt a fly. True she stopped playing with dolls and stuff like that but Jesus christ she believes in Santa and the Easter Bunny. She still has the teddy bear she clings to her arms since-" her rant was interrupted by her sister.

"You know well why she still has that teddy bear. She still thinks mom and dad are just away for a while. The amnesia made her completely forget the truth. She's not old enough to let her childhood crumble like that."

The two looked over at their baby sister and sighed.

Madeline finished the scetch of dawn. The colors were a mix of red, blue and purple hues.

The sun was down already after a couple minutes leaving the twinkling lights of stars dumped into the night.

One star caught her eye. It was a shooting star.

Madeline felt incomplete, with her parents gone for a while and her sisters and herself bullied in the homeless foster care, her jar of optimism was running out.

So that's when she made a wish.

She shut her eyes tightly in concentration, deep in thought. Madds bit her lip as she wished.

I wish our lives change for the better.

The youngest child walked over and pulled over the covers.

"Goodnight."

"Night."

"Sweet dreams."

Selena woke up with a start.

"Your life is about to change forever dear."

She looked over to her sisters beds and found bags ontop. Her eyebrows raised before something hit her in the face.

She looked to see it was her bag. Her sisters were up and ready with their things and bags packed.

Madeline had dark bags under her eyes. The insomnia must have gotten to her.

"What's going on?" Selena's voice was groggy. After all it was 1:24 AM.

"Get ready sis." Rylie whispered opening the window.

"We're leaving." The sister said getting ready to run away.

********************************

OMGGGGGG HAY GUYS

THIS IS A NEW ACCOUNT FEATURING @hatiefanfics , @fangirl250 , and me, @rosepetalluke !!!

so excited for this fanfic. yasss

- Marceline ( rosepetalluke )