First Encounter

I sat down silently in the cafeteria, listening to all of the students from all grade levels, twisting some of the piercings in my ears as I got lost in thought.

I'm in 1A, but none of them really talk to me. Guess my style scares them off, not that it's a bad thing. Less publicity for a hero when they're younger makes their debut more interesting, such as with Allmight.

I picked apart my sushi slowly and ate some of the pieces, brooding over what we were supposed to do today during our heroics class. It's supposed to be a quirk training type of class, but Nemuri wouldn't let any details slip, other than to be careful around the other students.

It makes sense why she would be concerned, my main quirk alone is really powerful, dangerous, and rare. 

It's called Learner, and it allows me to see someone else's quirk in use and commit it to my own quirk, so I'll always be able to use it. The catch to this part of the quirk is that I had to remember which quirk it was that I wanted to use, and couldn't just have it form without my memory of it.

The only real, genuine downside of it is that I can't copy large metamorphic quirks. Like the girl in my class, Hagakure, I can copy her quirk because it's only changing the visibility of my body, nothing more. But Ojiro's tail quirk is one that I can't learn, same with that one boy's quirk that lets him form appendages on the ends of his arms.

 I never use my other quirk because I have no idea how to control it, even though it can occasionally act up. It's called Devil and is affected by my emotions.

Once I finished my food and threw it away, I started to walk out of the cafeteria, all of the chains on my outfit clinking when I almost bumped into someone, sensing their body heat just before we collided as I dodged around them, not making contact at all.

This probably caught them, well him based on the cologne scent he was wearing, off guard, because he grabbed me by the arm and didn't let me continue walking as I had originally planned.

"Well well, if it isn't the infamous 1A!" an obnoxiously loud, slightly annoying voice exclaimed, his hand holding me in place.

I slowly turned, glaring through my h/c hair that I had left down today, to see a blonde guy with white pupils and periwinkle blue eyes, a maniacal grin on his face as he stared at me, something strange in his eyes.

I shoved his hand off of me and then turned and walked away, clearly not wanting to deal with him as his fingers finally left the leather jacket I had on over my uniform shirt.

No need to converse with him if it doesn't affect me, I reminded myself, feeling Lilith start to stir. Deep breath in, deep breath out. Ignore him. Calm down.

"Aren't you a quiet one?! Makes it so much more obvious how much more superior our class is than yours!!!" he shouted, causing my e/c eye to twitch, Lilith starting to scratch away at the calm facade that I had implemented at the beginning of the school year, about a week ago. "Aren't we just so much better than you losers, little gothic wench?!! Admit it!"

"Who the hell even are you?" I finally snapped, turning around to show him that one of my eyes had turned black with a red iris and slitted pupil, one of the first signs of Lilith, my Devil, activating.

He obviously flinched back from me, but tried to hide it under fake bravado.

"Monoma Neito, of the amazing class 1B," he announced, smirking, while his lip trembled in fear. "And you should really get that eye checked out, you wouldn't want to tarnish your class' reputation even further, would we?"

I sighed and it slowly flickered back to its original color, and I turned heel and walked away, again.

"Aren't you a little coward? Face me yourself and prove how much better 1A is than 1B!" he said, before an orange-haired girl with a really large hand quirk hit the back of his neck on a pressure point, causing him to blackout.