Devil's tears

As expected, Hizashi was freaking out because I was late by about 10 minutes and he was ready to call the rest of the pros to look for me.

"Y/NNNNN YOOOOOOOOOOOOOU'RE ALRIIIIIIIIGHTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" he screamed, making everyone flinch in pain as he went to go hug me.

I quickly used the crutches to push me to the side so he went running past and nearly into the door.

"Is that how you treat your uncle?!!" he asked with chibi tears in his eyes.

"I'm pretty sure Nemuri's told you that you are not my uncle. So no, that is how I treat Hizashi. And I've already popped about 10 stitches, please don't make me pop anymore," I said, looking down where blood was starting to seep through the white bandaging. 

"OH MY GOODDDD GO TO RECOVERY GIRL NOOOOOWWWW!" he screamed as he saw it was dripping onto my black converse that I was wearing instead of the dress shoes the girls were supposed to wear.

"I need stamina for my classes. I assure you, I am fine," I said.

"Stupid girl," he groaned. "Go sit down, stubborn, I'm not going to win this one."

I smiled and sat down, taking out my notes as we went on about sentence structure and word spellings.

The day went by pretty quickly and soon it came to lunch. No way in hell will I be spotted anywhere near that cafeteria. I quickly made my way up to the roof and sat down on the same ledge had I sat on with Monoma the day I was captured almost a month ago. 

I sat in the spot where he was, recalling how little that moment meant to him now and how it was one of the only things that kept me alive over there. I could have easily died when I was extremely malnourished and had almost no blood left. The only reason I left in one piece was that I had tied myself up in my hero costume.

And that moment played once, twice, almost the entire time. As well as the night he had walked me home and eaten dinner with Nemuri and me, him holding the mask that was in my case when he knocked on the door. 

I'm never going to let the broken mask go. Never.

I started eating the sushi that I usually pack when I felt a familiar presence behind me.

I turned around with a knife in my hand to see Denki Kaminari standing there with both hands raised.

"Woah, even though you can't stand you're nowhere near defenseless! Awesome Y/n!" he exclaimed with his happy, cheerful, and slightly playboy like voice.

"What did you want?" I asked, lowering the knife.

"Well, Bakugo, Kirishima, Sero, Ashido, and I all unanimously voted to bring you to our table," he said, smiling broadly. "Come one, they're waiting!"

"A-ah. Okay, if you guys want I guess. I won't be much of a conversation starter though," I responded, putting my lunch box back into my backpack. "Do you mind helping me up though? I still can't stand and I fell earlier so some stitches popped."

"Isn't popped stitches a bad thing?" he asked as he grasped my hand firmly and pulled me to my feet.

"Kinda but I'll live," I responded, smiling widely. 

"You know, you look really different without your makeup and leather stuff on. Not that it's a bad thing either way but wow. You really wouldn't be able to recognize you," he commented, looking me up and down.

"I'll take that as a compliment," I laughed. "Alright, lead the way, kind sir."

"Onward," he agreed, allowing me to use him to walk along with my crutches while he carried both my bag and case.