Late regrets(1)

[In a luxurious bedroom in
      the General Zhang residence] 

           "Furen, push harder!"

                        "Ngh!!!"

Jiang Wuxin was trying her hardest to do what the Midwife said but she didn't have the strength to! She was lacking the proper nutritions too even push! She had not been nourished the proper way a pregnant woman was suppose to be.

      "I can't! It's too hard for me?!"
      She screamed painfully. She had tears in her eyes from the pain she was experiencing in her early labor.

The Midwives attending to her, had worried and pale expressions on their faces. If she and the baby in her belly died, then they would face the wraths of the Zhang family and Jiang family!

The Midwives were doing everything they could but it seemed hopeless. The woman simply lacked the strength to continue further into her birth. Her child may even not make it.

Lots of Sweat beaded her forehead. She breathed heavily out of pain and tightly clutched the silky bedsheets on the bed. She felt extremely painful and tired but this pain was nothing to the pain and heartbreak she experienced.

The man she had once loved, promised her that she would be the only woman he ever loved. But what a joke! Not even two years in their marriage, he went drinking with his friends and brought home a beautiful curvy woman from the brothels.

His lust consumed him and he spent the entire night with her! And during that entire night, she cried silently alone, laying down on their bed. She was extremely hurt and heartbroken because she knew what he was doing with that other woman.She kept quiet about it and didn't say anything in front of her husband. She thought it would make it better.

Then two days later, the woman was married in as a Yiniang.(Oh shit. No kidding○_○)

On the wedding day, she, Jiang Wuxin had to forcefully smile and put up an act of being happy and glad. But on the inside, she was burning with sadness and grief. She knew she couldn't reveal or show any of her true emotions as it was considered a disgraceful thing to do as a main wife to her husband, who was marrying a Yiniang.

It was normal for a man to have many wives, as it showed power and prestige. And as the Main Furen of the General Zhang residence and the main wife of  General Zhang, she was expected to make him happy by letting him take as many concubines as he want. And so she was.

After, the wedding day, Zhang Yan luo apologized to her. He just apologized and left. He was cold and indifferent in his apology. Where was the man she loved? Why was he so indifferent to her now? What did she do to deserve this?

Her husband didn't return from the  Yiniang's place. He stayed over.

The next morning, the new and first Yiniang, Hu Yiniang, wearing a pale blue flower embroidered robe, with her hair tied up and decorated with crystal flowers, came over to her Dongya courtyard and paid her respects to her, as expected of a newly married concubine to pay respects to the Main Wife.

Jiang Wuxin just smiled and accepted her greetings. She didn't say anything else and let her leave with a few gifts she gave her. She prayed Hu Xiao Lan was the last woman her husband ever slept with. Unfortunately it didn't come true.

Three days after Hu Yiniang married in, her husband accidentally took the innocence of another woman. This time, the woman he violated was a Xiaojie of a noble scholar family. She did not have a lowly background as Hu Yiniang and thus, her family, the males of the Su family, came pounding angrily at their Zhang Residence Gate Doors, demanding her husband come out and explain why he took their daughter's/ niece's innocence away!

When she learned of the matter, she was quite shocked. She wanted to faint right away! She couldn't believe it. Jiang Wuxin didn't think her husband, Zhang Yan luo, had such high courage and guts to do that to a lady from a noble family?! And the Xiaojie was only 17!! Two years younger than her?!

She decided to go out and to deal with the situation. She tried to calm them down and politely invited them inside. The Su family males didn't dare act rudely since they knew the Jiang  family, as well as the Empress Dowager, backed her up. Hence, they quieted down,stomping and hmphing as they all went inside.

As the Su family males sat and waited in the waiting room, Jiang Wuxin was thinking about what would happen if people found out about what her husband did. Not only would it affect her husband's reputation but also his reputation as one of the great leading generals!

She could only walk back and forth worriedly, waiting for her husband to come back...

(sorry guys, i didn't have a lot of time to write. School stuff.😕)