Chapter 6. Desperate Times and Desperate Situations

The next morning, despite the dream she had last night, Helena felt rather chipper for once. She got a good morning text from Chris to start her day and deep down as much as she hated to admit it, she was secretly excited to start her shift to see Mr. Reider.

She arrived at the mansion 20 minutes earlier than usual, but didn't see Mrs. Daville on her way out to her limo this time. Once she knocked on the giant wooden door, it was Madame Lidiya who greeted her with a warm smile.

"Ah, good mornin Helena."

"Good morning to you too." She replied back. As she walked into the mansion, she found Mrs. Daville in the center of the room sitting by the fireplace. She was sipping from a steaming porcelain tea cup and staring into the crackling fire.

"Good morning Mrs. Daville." Helena greeted her.

Mrs. Daville glanced over her shoulder at Helena before sucking on her teeth and turning her attention back to the fire.

"Don't, how you say, mind her, myshka." Madame Lidiya whispered as she led them back down to their stations. "She's not much of a morning person."

"Or a day or afternoon person." Helena mumbled under her breath once they were out of earshot.

As they continued training around the mansion, Helena's eyes would unconsciously be on the lookout for Liam. Surprisingly, he hasn't been in any of the rooms they've went into

"Um, so...did Mr. Reider step out for the day or something?" She asked.

Madame Lidiya gave her a worried look. "Yes, he has meeting in another state. He won't be back for couple of days. Why you ask?"

"N-No reason." She replied. Damn, there goes my eye candy for the day. I wish I could at least thank him for the new apron.

"I hope you're not falling for him myshka. My daughter is enough to worry about. I don't want to see you go down same path of sad broken heart women."

"Of course not! I was just curious." Helena reassured her.

"Alright, let's finish up. It almost lunch time."

That's fine. Helena thought. I shouldn't be bothered with it anyway. Chris's game is tonight and we have a date afterwards.

When her shift was over, she was a bit tired but it didn't stop her from showering and wearing one of her best outfits to Chris's game. It was a little boring for her taste, but her heart would skip a beat whenever he waved at her when he ran out to the field.

They met up after the game when It tied 5-5 and then went out to dinner. Before they left, he kissed her on the cheek! That night she felt like she was over the moon and stars and went to bed feeling amazing.

She snuggled into her pillow happily, ready to fall asleep, but something made her go stiff as a board in her bed. "No way." She said slowly.

Something was crawling on her face!

She screamed, jumping out of bed in panic and turned the light on by the door.

Cockroaches! Crawling all over the bed!

Practically in tears, Helena swat away a few of them to grab her cellphone and uniform. She ran outside to find a lot of the other tenants in their pjs, lined up, and complaining at the front office.

"I'm sorry people! We are going to have to quarantine the place and tent it up!"

"What?! Where am I supposed to live?!" Helena cried. She called her father even though it was 12:30am because she didn't know what else to do.