Chapter 7. Hell's coming and it wears a size 2

Wanting to make use of her second chance, Helena woke up an hour early before her shift.

When she checked the bunk beds, she saw that Madame Lidiya was already up and out for the day. Helena was surprised at first, but she thought that with her being the head maid, she probably had other duties to attend to before training her.

Helena climbed up from the floor, got dressed, brushed her hair, and then grabbed her phone off the charger. It's been dead the entire week she was living in her car. When it turned on, there were three missed calls, two voicemails and new texts in her inbox.

The calls were from her dad and Andrea and the texts were from Chris.

Her heart skipped a beat and she sat down on the bottom bunk bed to read them. He was checking up on her, asking if she was okay since she hasn't responded or seen her at school.

After she called her dad and explained her living situation, she texted Andrea that she would catch up with her soon. She knew it was hurting her GPA not going to school for so long, but having a job was a lot more important right now. She didn't want to have to go back to living in her car again. Helena hoped that the teachers would understand and give her a chance to keep her classes.

Before leaving the room to find Madame Lidiya, she paused for a moment and called Chris. It was early but she remembered that he liked to go jogging around this time. It rang a few times before he eventually picked up.

"Helena? Hey! What's going on? Are you alright?" He asked, sounding out of breath.

She smiled. "Hey Chris, yeah I'm fine. Well for now at least."

"What happened? How come you haven't answered my texts or come to school?"

"Long story." She responded. "Mainly because...I didn't have a home for a while."

"What?!"

After she explained about living in her car before moving in at her job, he blew out a whistle.

"Damn, that sounds pretty tough. I'm glad you're safe now, but you know you could have called me for help or something or at least set you up at my house until you were good to go."

She blushed. She never had a boy care for her like this before. Well, not until...

Mr. Reider's face flashed through her mind of when he gave her a new apron and then of what happened last night in his bathroom.

She quickly shook those thoughts away. I'm talking to someone who is single and cares for me. Snap out of it! Helena scolded herself.

"I couldn't have let you do that Chris, we just met! But thank you for offering at least."

"Yeah, no problem. If you need anything else, just let me know okay?"

"I will. Thank you."

"Oh before you go," Chris added quickly. "I had a lot of fun on our last date. Would you be down to go out again? Without the football part this time. We can even catch a movie afterwards."

"Yes." Helena responded all too quickly. "I mean, yeah. Sure. I would like that." She added, trying not to sound too eager.

"Heh, sounds good. I'll swing by and pick you up on Sunday then, howz that?"

"What time are you thinking?"

"How about 7?"

"That's too late for me, I have to get up early in the morning. How about 5pm instead?" Helena asked.

"Sure." and she could hear him grinning on the other end. "The sooner I get to see you, the better."

Helena swooned. "Likewise. See you then."

"See you princess."

They both hung up and Helena fell back onto the bed, her face flushing like a tomato. "Wow." She said aloud. Who would've thought I would actually end up dating someone I've had a crush on after so long?

She held her phone close to her heart and closed her eyes like a hopeless romantic school girl. She broke out of it and jolted up when the door suddenly opened. Helena's face quickly switched from shock to disgust when she realized it was Alice.

Alice was still looking at her phone as she pushed open the door but the minute she glanced up and saw Helena, her jaw dropped and her phone almost dropped from her hand.

"WHAT IN HELL?! WHAT IN FUCK ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM AND ON MY FUCKING BED?!" She screamed.

"I live here now!" Was the only thing Helena could shout out but hop off of Alice's bed.

"NO! NUH-UH! GET HELL OUT OF HERE! MAMA! MAMA!!!!" Alice yelled, cursing harshly in Russian as she slammed the door hard and stormed down the halls, screaming her head off.

Helena shook her head, completely forgetting that she lived with this terror.

Living in the car doesn't sound like such a bad idea now. Helena thought sourly.

Thank you so much for reading!

Please be sure to vote at the end of each chapter~

It helps others in finding this book and also lets me know you're enjoying it where I want to keep making more exciting books for you!

Feel free to follow me for updates, news on upcoming books, and much more! I also have a Patreon full of goodies and +18 content that is too saucy for Wattpad! https://www.patreon.com/chocolatetentacles