Chapter 6

Third person pov

Touya and Takashi had been in Nezu's office for a little over two hours now. Tsukauchi had shown up, and almost thrown the files in his hand out of panic when he spotted "Dabi." Nezu had spent five minutes trying to stop the man from panicking before Takashi was finally able to introduce himself, and Touya. To say the Detective was taken aback was an understatement. Nezu had told them to wait while he and Aizawa escorted the man into a different room, recorder in tow.

With nothing else to do, Touya and Takashi had been simply chatting. The redhead was basking in it. He loved just sitting down next to Takashi and listening to him ramble on about whatever it was he wanted to ramble on about. He always soaked the words up like some sort of sponge, smiling and giving his own input whenever he felt it was required. Takashi would sometimes halt to see if Touya was actually listening, as he didn't like to chatter if he wasn't. The redhead would simply hum to get the brunette to continue.

They were being watched, of course. Nezu would never leave them in his office without having some form of surveillance. It played on a monitor as Tsukauchi mulled over the tape recording and Nezu's plan. Watching Touya and Takashi playfully banter with other another, debating over who loved the other more, and talk about colorful socks and what types to buy only solidified the evidence Nezu had gathered. Touya was looking more like a victim and less like a villain, especially after hearing some of the statements from the students, and from Bakugo.

Bakugo had begrudgingly told them about the villains he saw there. He called Dabi "scar fucker" and described him as creepy. Apparently the guy would linger around the room and mutter what sounded like curses to himself while occasionally glancing at Bakugo and sighing about keys. He'd even come up to look at the chains he was in, activating his quirk on them. Bakugo had thought the guy was trying to burn him. Looking at this evidence, it seemed more like he'd been trying to get the kid out.

Todoroki was another person who'd faced "Dabi" head on. He had claimed the man seemed almost distressed, cursing and muttering to himself the whole time. He hesitated before attacking, and apparently didn't lash out unless attacked first, and even then it seemed he was only trying to block. Todoroki had assumed in his interview that "Dabi" was meant to be a distraction of some sort, as he hadn't actually tried to hurt anyone. 

Touya was also telling the truth about his rather questionable job. He really did simply deliver packages without really knowing what was inside. There was no record of him ever going out of his way to break the law. What he did wasn't legal, but he was less of a villain and more of a involuntary criminal. Someone who had no choice given the circumstances they were under. He didn't want to be found by Endeavor, but wanted to help provide.   

"Your plan is risky, Nezu. Are you sure you want to do this?" As lead on the case, Tsukauchi could give this the go ahead by simply getting a few more signatures. Signatures that wouldn't be all too hard to obtain. There was also the matter of the parents, but explaining the situation carefully, providing proof, and not quite giving them a choice would ensure that they were okay with it. They'd even release his statement to the press if need be, or part of it.

"I'm sure." Nezu smiled. "Aizawa's been needing a teaching assistant given how troublesome his class is, and this gives UA the chance to right its wrongs with Touya. Keeping him and his soulmate on grounds also protects them, and it paints UA in a good light. Touya needs to complete his education and get a hold on his quirk anyway." 

"I see... what of Shoto Todoroki, and Endeavor?" Tsukauchi questioned. Aizawa was silent, letting the two talk as he watched the security monitor. Touya was trying to describe a show he forgot the name of, only he was shit at it. He was extremely vague, making hand motions and even a few sound effects. Takashi was thoughtful, asking questions and groaning to himself as the name hovered on the tip of his own tongue.