Chapter 14: The Reaper Restlessness

"Chiyami...this is your fate...", Chiyami father voice echoed inside her head.

"My fate?".

"You will be burdened with so many task, but those task is the way I show you that I love you", her father smiled.

"That's a lie".

"Come to my embrace my daughter, don't be a fool like your mother", her father Said slyly.

"No, I don't want to".

"Your job is merely to kill people who have sinned, you are Death", an evil smirk plastered on her father face.

"We're all sinned, what are you talking about father...?".

"You lived because of me, remember that...", her father shadow fate into darkness.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sound of chirping bird wake her up. She remembered that Izaya knocked her out last night. "That was odd...", she felt somewhat comfortable, she remembered that she wore the dark dress Izaya gave her, it's frilly and very itchy. She looked at her clothes, okay her clothes changed.

"Did he...?".

Chiyami scanning the room she was in, it looks pretty neat. "Chiya-chan~", an annoying tone beamed through the room. Chiyami backed off, distancing hersel from the informant. "What's wrong Chiya-chan? I already prepared breakfast for you", Izaya grinned. Izaya brought a plate of bacon and eggs with a glass of water. She sniff the food, scared that Izaya might put in some dangerous pills.

"I'm hurt that you treat me that way Chiya-chan~", Izaya faked pouting.

"...Ittadakimasu", Chiyami said expressionless.

After confirming that the food is STILL healthy, she eat quietly without no sound. "So how's the food?", Izaya asked with a smug expression. He's being too kind, making Chiyami suspicious of his behavior. "It's delicious...", Chiyami admitted as she drank the water, she never thought that the corrupted informant can cook.

"Yayy!! I'm glad the GODLY IZANAMI NO MIKOTO likes my food!", Izaya chirped.

His last sentences shocked Chiyami, accidentally making her spew the water she just drank, and irronically she spew on the informant face. His face was wet and his raven hairs dripping wet.

Izaya was standing emotionless, shocked, but manage to hide his shockness with his attitude. "That was unexpected...", Izaya said cooly to hide his shock. "Whose fault was that? Freak", Chiyami glared at him. "I'm used being called 'a freak'", Izaya said proudly. "Oh someone sure looks proud being called a freak", Chiyami said sarcastically.

"Well of course I am Chiya-chan, being 'a freak' means I'm different from the others", Izaya said jolly as he stuffed his hands into his pocket.

Still remembering the last night incident, Chiyami kept her distance from him. Izaya know about her identity as Izanami no Mikoto, Izanami-no-Mikoto meaning "she who invites" is a goddess of both creation and death, the Entity of Death, some called her as a Harbringer of Death. "How do you know who I am?", Chiyami hissed. Izaya face remained unchanged, he smirked proudly, "I am an informant, of course I will bound to know EVERYTHING Chiya-chan". Chiyami back to her usual emotionless face and ignore the informant rambling.

"Chiya-chan", the informant called her.

Chiyami ignore him.

"Chiya-chan", his voice now turn serious.