Chapter 12 The Island

(AN: Sorry for the long wait, i just haven't been feeling very well, and I've been busy over the last couple of weeks)

The further they went over the iced over sea, the colder, darker and worse the weather seemed to get.

Until after a few hours Chloe, grabbing Maple's reigns and pulling on them said:

"I knew this was ridiculous, I say we turn around and head back home."

"Wait," Marinette said looking to where the mare was.

"Marinette, I hate to agree with Chloe, but she's right." Alya said turning to face her "It's too dangerous. There's been no sign of this island, or Ladybug."

"Not to mention what will happen when the ice starts to melt," Chloe said looking at said ice below them.

"Maple saw something," Marinette said confidently, getting off the sleigh "I'm sure of it."

With that, the Kwami's following her; Marinette started walking off into the fog in the direction Maple gestured in.

Not wanting her to go alone, Chat got off and followed her as well.

After a short walk the fog cleared and there was an island waiting for them.

On the island, after a moment to stretch their legs and look at the scenery Chloe once more too leadership

"Now let's find this 'Ladybug'" she said turning to the path leading into the woods.

Before she could get everyone lost again, Nino caught her and said "I believe Chat Noir should be the one to take charge from here on out."

"But... But he's wood," the blonde girl said trying to find a reason against this.

"And the reason we've made it this far," Alya said firmly as she took the reins off Maple to let her roam free.

"I'm only half the reason," Chat said before bowing to Marinette and holding out his hand.

Smiling, Marinette took it and together they lead everyone further into the island.

"Handing the reins of leadership to a... a stump?" Chloe asked shocked "Ridiculous! Utterly ridiculous!"

But after a bit she followed as well.