Chapter 15: The Last Chapter

AN: I am SO SO SO SO SO SO sorry for making everyone wait like this.

I promise I kept saying to myself 'I need to write the lase chapter to this story' but something always got in my way and time slipped away from me every time i tried to do it.

Anyway hope you like it :)

It was morning, the sun was shining in the window and the clock was chiming that it was 8 o'clock, when Marinette woke up.

Blinking slowly she looked around "Chat Noir?" she asked not seeing the nutcracker anywhere.

She looked all over for it and then at herself seeing she was back to wearing her night dress rather than that fancy Ladybug dress.

Wondering if it was all a dream, she felt below her neck to find her new locket was gone.

Worried she started looking for it but couldn't find it.

She was so focused on that she didn't hear the door open or her father coming in.

"It's about time you got up," he said smiling at her then frowning at the mess around the tree "I see the mice had a party of their own last night."

"It wasn't a party. It was a war, and it wasn't mice it was tiny knights and a wicked king who shrank me with his sceptre, and they were all fighting Chat Noir, who is actually a prince." Marinette said going on to say "But the wicked king put a spell on him to turn him into the nutcracker Grandma got for me."

"Now honey, I think you just had a bad dream," Tom said calmly "Too much excitement and too many stories from your grandmother."

"It wasn't a dream! It really happened!" Marinette said trying to make her father understand.

At that point Sabine and Gina came into the room talking to some guests who were still in the hall.

"Grandma, have you seen my –" Marinette began then paused when she saw who the first of the guests was "Nutcracker..."

"Look who I ran into while I was taking my morning stole," Gina said smiling "Marinette, Tom, this is Adrien. The son of a dear friend of mine, and his friends, Alya, Nino and Chloe."

"It's nice to meet you" Adrien said being a gentleman and bowing to Tom and lightly kissing Marinette's hand.

Blushing Marinette looked passed him and saw everyone else all of them having some form of a smile on their lips.

"Well it's nice to meet you young man and your friends too of course" Tom said smiling, although Sabine could tell he was a bit put off that this boy was making his daughter blush like that.

"That's good dear," Sabine said smiling "Because we've already asked everyone to stay for Christmas Dinner."

"What but that's a..." Tom said not sure what to say.

"Wonderful idea," Marinette said smiling herself.

"If you like we can help," Alya said liking Sabine "My mother was the top chief of a restaurant in our old town, so I know my way around a kitchen."

Everyone had their eyes on Tom and wondered what his judgement would be.

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have everyone stay for supper," he said agreeing "But I'll need help baking some more bread rolls for everyone."

With that, everyone but Marinette and Adrien left the room.

Adrien pulled something out of his pocket and gave it to Marinette, it was her Ladybug locket.

"May I have this dance?" he asked bowing to her.

Hearing the fluttering of wings, Marinette turned to look at the owl on top of the grandfather clock whose eye twinkles as if she was winking at her.

Calmly Marinette turns back to Adrien, finishing putting the locker on around her neck and said:

"I couldn't say 'No' to the king. But let me go get dressed first."

Agreeing Adrien waited as Marinette got changed into her Christmas outfit coming back down in a bright red dress with a big black bow tied around her waist.

And with that they danced to the music that came from the music box on the mantle-piece until they were distracted by Sabine calling to them that Christmas Dinner was ready.

Smiling Adrien bowed to a curtsying Marinette who then gladly lead him to the dining room where they had the best Christmas Dinner ever.

The end