Chapter 14: Ladybug

Deeper and deeper under the castle went Ivan and Marinette until soon they come to a corridor where they saw a pair of knights guarding a room further down.

"There they are," Marinette said trying to come up with an idea.

"So what now?" Plagg asked before taking a bite out of a piece of cheese he just seemed to have.

"Leave it to me." said Ivan and went to go talk to them.

o0o

Everyone watched as Ivan went to directly talk to them.

"Oh there you are." he said "The King needs you right away in the courtyard, and he says if you didn't hurry you'll spend the rest of your lives as house-flies. Or was it Horse-flies?"

Not wanting to be either, the knights left.

Waiting until she was sure they were gone, Marinette and the Kwami's came out to join Ivan who was taking the keys off of the hook and opening the door.

Slowly the door opened but it appeared to be an empty room.

"Why would Hawkmoth put guards on an empty room?" Marinette asked looking around, confused.

o0o

Behind a magic wall Chat Noir, Chloe, Nino, and Alya watched as Marinette, Ivan and the Kwami's came in.

"Marinette!" Chat said making her stop as she was about to leave.

"What's wrong with her?" Chloe asked "She deaf or something?"

"We can see them," Nino said slowly trying to work it out "But they can't see us."

"Or hear us apparently," Alya said knocking on the wall to test that.

Chat Noir placed his hand on the wall wishing he could get to Marinette.

o0o

Reaching out her hand Marinette slowly moved forwards until she felt some kind of wall.

Looking around she found torch and asked Ivan to help her get it off the wall.

Together they got it down, and used it to hit the wall making it break and collapse.

Smiling the first thing Marinette did was hug Chat Noir who hugged her back.

"Aww..." all the Kwami's but Plagg said reminding them they weren't alone.

"We've got to get out of here," Ivan said to everyone "Hawkmoth's building a bonfire."

"I doubt it's to warm up the palace," Chat said trying to be funny. "Come on, let's see if there's anyone else down here first." he said taking the keys and running off down the corridor.

o0o

For the next 15 minutes, they checked every room and let everyone out.

Once they were sure everyone was there, they headed back upstairs.