#8 - "I'm.. a vampire now?"

Junmyeon + Namjoon

He woke up groggily, not knowing where he was or what had even happened to him.

Then, he realised that he was in someone's arms and they're moving to somewhere he don't know. His eyes opened panicky, heart palpitating like crazy.

"Wha-"

"Oh- Sh.. Hey.. It's okay, Junmyeon-ssi.. You're safe. It's just me, Namjoon," he said.

Junmyeon then fairly remembered the handsome man he talked to before his eyes closed and preferably died.

"So.. I'm.. a vampire now?" Junmyeon asked in a small voice. Namjoon smiled apologetically. "Yes.. My deep sincere apologies, Junmyeon-ssi. You said you didn't want to die and I can sensed your distress. I'm really sorry."

Junmyeon softened. "It's okay.. I'm not mad. I said I won't, remember? I'm just sad, is all."

"Ah.. yes. Your family and friends. Am I right?"

Junmyeon nodded. "How long was I out, Namjoon-ssi?" he asked the tall vampire.

"Around 14 hours. I was surprised at first but maybe it's my fault because my type of venom was too much for a mere human being like you."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm a prince, Junmyeon-ssi. Soon to be the King of Massacro Kingdom."

Junmyeon froze. "You're from that kingdom that slaughtered some of the people in my town?!"

Namjoon looked away shamefully. "My endless apologies again.. I never participated it though. My father was the one who did it. I hate war and bloodshed."

Junmyeon slumped his head on Namjoon's neck, not knowing what to think even. "Are you mad at me now?" the latter asked.

He chuckled, albeit sadly. This guy is too nice to be a vampire that kills like those rogue ones "No. I'm not mad. Just shocked, I guess." Namjoon smiled crookly. "Thank you, Junmyeon-ssi."

When they got to the castle, they saw everyone standing at the entrance including, who Junmyeon assumed was Namjoon's purple faced father due to the.. royal-like clothing.

"Where were you, Kim Namjoon?! You've been gone for such a long time! You missed breakfast! And who is this man?! You brought a human here?!" his father yelled, looking very insulted.

Junmyeon immediately hid himself behind Namjoon, frightened by the man's presence. Namjoon noticed this and frowned at his father.

"I was walking around the garden last night to clear my head when I smelled his blood, father. Then I smelled the rogue vampires around and immediately went to his aid because I sense his distress. He was dying but he didn't want to die so I turned him instead."

The King's face turned a deeper shade of purple. Junmyeon whimpered softly, could feel the vibrating anger around the old man and pressed his face on Namjoon's back.

A small silver haired male looked at Namjoon weirdly. "You said you 'smelled his distress'?" Namjoon nodded.

"That's weird," he mumbled.

Junmyeon looked at him timidly. "W-Why weird..?" he spoke softly. The male blinked and looked at him with a gentle smile. "Only soulmates and werewolves can sense the other's emotions."

S-Soulmates? W-Werewolves?

The only woman there, who Junmyeon guessed is the Queen, gasped and looked at both of them in shock.

"You two shared a bond! Soulmates! It's so rare for a vampire to have soulmates!" she squealed and beckoned him closer. "Come here, young man. We need to get you everything. Tell me about yourself." Everyone except for Namjoon and his father followed her into the castle, excited for the new arrival and sudden guest.

Namjoon gave him a reassuring smile which Junmyeon returned with his own gentle expression.

Don't worry. My mother's kinda understandably might be overwhelming for you. But she's nice. You'll be okay.

Thank you. I trust you.

"My name is.. Kim Junmyeon. I'm.. uhm.. 20 and I studied in a university in psychology and philosophy. I have 7 friends that I usually hung out with and I have a younger sister, your Highness."

Namjoon's mother beamed at him excitedly and praised him. "You're such a gentle person. The way you spoke is so graceful! We just need to teach you the way to walk graceful and you'll be outstanding! You're perfect to be the next Queen!"

Junmyeon stopped his track suddenly at the word 'Queen'.

Queen? Me? What? Oh my gods no. How the hell am I gonna be a Queen? I don't even know the ethics! I'm doomed-

Junmyeon yelped a little when Namjoon suddenly appeared behind him and wrapped an arm around his waist. "I could sense your wrecking emotions from afar," he said.

Junmyeon smiled sheepishly and apologised. "I'm sorry, Namjoon-ssi."

"No need for formalities. Just call me Namjoon since you're gonna be my Queen soon enough." He gave his mother an evil eye which his mother returned with an innocent smile.

"Ah.. Alright. Call me Junmyeon then if so."

The Queen ordered a servant to attend Junmyeon's needs much to the latter's discomfort. "Let's clean you up first. I'll ask the taylors with they can make nice clothes for you."

Junmyeon bit his lips, feeling a little guilty for the sudden pampering. "I.. Thank you, your Highness." He couldn't refuse a Queen's orders so he just shove his discomfort aside and accept it with a smile.

Might also be useful in the future. Who knows, he thought inside his head.

"Oh stop, young man. You can just call me 'mother' since you're gonna be my son-in-law soon. There's no need for formalities. We're families."

He suddenly felt overwhelmed with everything. First, he got bullied and were left to die at the clearing. Then, he met a vampire and got turned into a vampire as well. He couldn't go to see his friends and family. He's gonna be Namjoon's 'wife' and this horrible kingdom's Queen. Hah.. Junmyeon's life has been a joke.

Namjoon's hand got him grounded back to Earth. "Are you okay there? I kinda saw your eyes blanked out for a moment there."

Junmyeon smiled. "I'm fine. Just a little overwhelmed with everything. It was so sudden. For a moment ago, I thought I was going to die and now I'm suddenly the future Queen of this vampire kingdom and is a vampire myself."

Namjoon's mother looked at him apologetically. "My apologies, Jun-ah. I know it's a little overwhelming for you. Let's just get you cleaned off first then we'll talk about other stuff. Is that okay with you?"

Junmyeon smiled gratefully. "Yes, it's alright. Thank you.." he hesitated a little. "Mother."

The Queen smiled and hugged him. "I'm glad you're gonna be Joonie's consort. You're just perfect to handle all the things a Queen needs to do."

The smaller male smiled after sighing quietly inside his head. "Is that so? I'm glad that you found myself suitable for all of.. this." He gestured everywhere around him and to Namjoon.

Namjoon's mother softened. "I know it's so sudden but I have faith in you. My other sons and their spouse can help you as well if you don't understand a few matter, dear."

Junmyeon looked at Namjoon's brothers and smile shyly. All of them smiled back at him.

"It's gonna be alright, Junmyeon-ssi. We're all here to help you out if you need us to," the silver haired said.

The said male nodded, feeling thankful of their kindness. "Thank you. I hope I can do things correctly. It'll be terrible if I failed to do anything properly," he sighed.

Namjoon rubbed his back gently to comfort him. "Don't worry, Junmyeon-ah. I'll help you out too. Just ask me and I'll answer."

Junmyeon blushed bright red and felt his heart sped up a little at the gentleness Namjoon showed him.

The taller male smiled at him and received a small shy smile in return from the latter.

"Thank you for your kindness, Namjoon."

"It's not a problem, Junmyeon. No need to thank me."