First Night's Always The Worst

" Okay, so the rounds are organized, the passwords distributed..... is there anything else we have to go over?" asked Hermione, checking her notes over again, making sure there wasn't anything she missed.

A sixth year Ravenclaw raised his hand, " are there going to be any dances, balls anything this year?" he asked quietly.

" That hasn't been determined yet. The Professors have been busy trying to get the school back together after the war, and with the number of students this year, " Hermione stopped and pinched the bridge of her nose. Why did the students love dances and balls so much? She personally disliked them. She wasn't prone to dressing up, doing her hair and wearing a ton of makeup. She just wasnt one of those girls. She much rather perfered to study, get good grades, and make something with her life.

" We will bring up the idea to the Headmaster and Professor's in our next meeting with them, until then, I believe we've covered everything we need to for now. Everyone back to your compartments and get ready to help escort the first year's off the train and into the carriages for when we arrive. Meeting adjourned." Malfoy replied, waving his hand in the air, dismissing the Prefects.

Hermione let out a thankful sigh. If Malfoy hadn't stepped in and answered, she didn't know what she would have said. She probably would have admitted defeat and said yes to a dance. More then likely she would have agreed to anything just to end the meeting. She stood up, looking at the door, seeing Ginny and Blaise waiting on the other side of the door. She gathered up her notes and started walking towards the door. She stopped short and turned back towards Draco. He was adjusting his tie and gatheringing his notes.

" Malfoy, I just wanted to say thank you for helping out back there. I swear I have no idea what the big deal is with dances. Just another excuse to dance like fools, get drunk and endure a hangover the next day. Don't really see the fun in it to be honest." shivered Hermione, just thinking about it.

Draco laughed a throaty laugh, " Oh come on Granger, you can't possibly hate dances that much!"

" I've just never seen the point to them!"

He slowly came up behind her, placed his hands around her waist and spun her around, into his arms. He grabbed her arms and wraped them around his neck and his went and rested on her hips, his fingertips gently grazing her back. He started to sway her back and forth slowly and lowered his head to her ear and whispered, " They aren't so bad. You get to dance with the person you like, bodies pressed up close together, swaying to the music in the darkness. Not being able to see anyone else but the one in your arms. Laughing and drinking with your friends, all the while remaining close with your date. And when it gets to hot inside, you grab your date by the hand and take a walk outside under the moonlight, down by the lake. Enjoying some shared kisses....." he trailed off. He leaned over and lightly brushed his lips against her's. His heart felt like it was going to explode in his chest from the excitement. He had kissed plenty of girls beofre, but none had made him feel like this.

Hermione felt like she was going to faint. She was beyond shocked when Malfoy just suddenly pressed his lips against hers. Never before had a boy just suddenly kissed her, I mean sure, she had kissed a boy before. There was Viktor Krum in 4th year, and Ron in 6th, but their's were sloppy and messy, not sweet and soft like Malfoy's. She was starting to feel that tension build again when Malfoy was describing the dance and kisses, espically when his fingers starting to slowly rub slow circles on her lower back while they danced to no particular tune. She was glad he was holding on to her for she would have fallen over from shock when he kissed her. She felt his tongue graze her lower lip, asking for entrance which she gladly gave. She felt his tongue glide in expertly and flick the top of hers. She moaned in his mouth and pulled him closer.

He smiled in her mouth, hearing her moan. He loved hearing her make that noise. If she allowed him, he would gladly spend hours finding out what other noises she could make in pure rapture. He lightly nibbled on her lower lip and leaned into her, leaving no space between their bodies. He slowly glided his hands up her sides and plunged his hands into her hair, tightly grasping a handful and pulling her head back, tracing his tongue down her neck and across her collarbone. He was about the start tracing his tongue down her chest when the door opened and Blaise cleared his throat, causing Draco to look up and end his assualt on Hermione.

All of a sudden Hermione snapped too and shoved Malfoy away from her, her eyes wide with shock. She slapped her hands to her mouth, embarrassed about what had just happened and that they had been seen. She felt the heat rise to her cheeks and spread down her throat. She looked at Draco, to Blaise, back to Draco, grabbed her notes and ran out of the compartment, mumbling something about bloody dances and hormones.

" What was that all about Draco?" snickered Blaise.

" Nothing now Blaise, thanks to your very rude interuption." Draco sighed sitting back down. He rubbed his hand over his eyes and thought to himself ' what was that?'

" Well it looked to me like you were trying to figure out what she had to eat earlier on, but you were just probably asking her the time right?" he joked, taking the seat next to him.

" I don't know man, she was saying something about how she hates dances, and I was just trying to show her the better points of one. Then this intoxicating scent hit me and next thing I know, I'm close to ripping her clothes off and shagging her right here on the floor. What's wrong with me? Draco groaned pulling at his hair.

" Not sure Draco, maybe you fancy Granger. Wouldn't be a bad thing, you've dated worse before, like Pansy!" Blaise spat her name with disgust.

Draco shivered. Just hearing her name made Draco want to throw up in his mouth. " Don't remind me, anyways I'm not sure what happened to be honest, just something in my head kept saying 'she's mine, only mine' and I just had to have her. But I haven't gotten any lately, maybe that's it!"

" I'm sure that was it. Anyways, we better get going, we're going to be arriving any minute and we have to get the first years organized." said Blaise walking to the door with Draco in tow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" You did what?" shouted Ginny.

" Shhhh, I don't want everyone hearing Ginny. I kinda sorta maybe snogged Draco Malfoy in the meeting room." shushed Hermione, placing her hand over Ginny's mouth and waited till the redhead had calmed down to remove it.

" Merlin! Was it any good? I always wondered if the rumors were true about Malfoy being a sex god!"

" It just kinda happened, I'm not even sure I want it to happen again to be honest. I mean, I just kissed Malfoy, our enemey of 6 years, the bane of my existence. Oh God! Ginny, I think I might have like it!" whinned Hermione.

" Well, I guess you can come back from that," whispered Ginny.

" Pardon?"

" Nothing, let's go," Ginny replied, grabbing Hermone and hauling her towards the front of the train that had stopped at their destination, " time to help the first years and meet up with Harry and Ron!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After helping the first years into the carriages and making sure they were heading off towards the castle, and with a quick hello to Hagrid, Hermione and Ginny had made their way to the castle, opening the grand big doors and walking into The Great Hall. They had spotted Ron and Harry and sat down beside them.

" How the meeting with Malfoy Hermione?" asked Ron

Hermione turned a shade of red and dropped her head down, " it was fine Ron, just a regular meeting," she mumbled.

Ginny tried her best to hold back her giggles but failed. She burst out laughing and Harry couldn't help but wonder what was so funny. Had Malfoy done something in the meeting? Hopefully Hermione hexed the ferret into oblivion. Harry glanced over and unfortunatly there sat Malfoy at the Slytherin table chatting with Blasie. He locked eyes with Malfoy who smirked, and Harry made a rather vulgar hand gesture and returned to his food. 'Well one could hope!'

" If he does anything mean or hurtful, Harry and I will hex the little bastard. I promise Herms, I will punch him in the throat if I have too!" suggested Ron

" Thanks Ron, but I'm sure I can handle myself just fine. Now If you'll excuse me, Dumbledore wants to speak to Malfoy and I before we make our way to our quaters for the night. See you guys later!" Hermione stood up and made her way towards the Professors table, coming to stand beside Malfoy in front of Dumbledore.

" Good evening Mr. Malfoy, Miss. Granger. I hope the train ride was alright." Dumbledore asked, a certain knowing twinkle in his sky blue eyes.

" It was fine sir, thank you" said Malfoy.

" Well as your both well aware you two will be having your own quaters this year in the North wing, but the Professors and I have come to a new agreement. Due to the over whelming number of students this year, we have decided that you two shall each invite a Prefect to share the quaters with you as to relieve some the work load you two will no doubt have. Who would you two like to have?"

" I would like Blaise Zabini, sir!" Draco announced, happy his best friend had made Prefect.

" I would like Ginny Weasley, sir!" Hermione announced, also happy her best friend had made Prefect.

" Very well, their things have been brought up for them. You may go and inform them, show them where the quaters are and get settled. Have a goodnight."

" Good night sir!" the Heads replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Wow, I can't believe we get the share the Head dorms together. I was a little sad thinking we weren't going to be spending the nights staying up and gossiping like we used too." stated Ginny, sitting on Hermione's bed, twirling her wand between her fingers.

" I know, but it's different now. Did you see the look on Harry and Ron faces when I told them you were coming to stay with me all year in the Head dorms?" laughed Hermione flopping down beside Ginny.

" Merlin, I seriously thought Ron's head was going to explode from anger. Now that would have been a sight. Ugh I'm not looking forward to potions tomorrow." sighed Ginny laying down beside Hermione.

" Yeah but just think Gin, it's our last year. After this no more Snape!" replied Hermione, stealing the pillow from under Ginny's head, which thudded against the mattress. She laughed as Ginny grabbed the other pillow and hit Hermione over the head with it. The girls shrieked and laughed and ran around the bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" What was that scream?" wondered Blaise, jumping up and walking towards Draco's door, looking back at Draco, a loopy grin on his face, " you don't think......"

" No Blaise, I don't think the girls errupted into a mud wrestling match in skimpy lingerie. Sounds to me like their just joking around!" replied Draco, rolling his eyes while he changed out of his robes and put on a pair on silk green boxers and white t-shirt.

" Well, a man can dream, can't he? I'm going to turn in, see you in the morning," yawned Balise.

" Night, Blaise! Oh by the way, happy birthday!"

" Thanks Draco!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hermione, groaned and rolled out of bed. it was only 1:36am and she was having trouble sleeping. She had been tossing and turning for the past half hour, but couldn't get back to sleep. Everytime she closed her eyes, she kept picturing Draco, his hands in her hair, his silver eyes piercing her own. She sighed as she stood up, and grabbed her wand lighting it with a simple lumos. She poked her head out her bedroom door, seeing the other three bedroom doors closed. She let out a breath she didnt even know she was holding, as she crept towards the livingroom, to sit in front of the fireplace. She glanced around the room, still in awe.

The livingroom floor was a beautiful dark brown hardwood with a spacious white rug laid in front of the huge fireplace. The end tables and coffee table were made from a rich cherry wood with an antique look to them. A beautiful white goose-down filled couch sat behind the coffee table and two matching arm chairs sat beside one of the end tables. The walls were coated in the colors of black and red with gold and green trim, nicely accenting the Slytherin and Gryffindor colors. Along the walls were stacks of books of different kinds, and the ceiling was a gigantic painting of all the House Crests combined. All in all, the quaters were gorgeous.

Her bedroom was a beautiful maroon and gold colored room, a large king size bed in the center of the room, large walk in closet on one side and a desk, chair and full length mirror alined the left side of her room. She also had another door that joined her room to the bathroom that she shared with Malfoy. She wasn't really excited to see it, once you've seen one bathroom, you've seen them all, but wow, this one was defiantly different.

The floor was a beautiful black marble tile, with shimmers of white in them. The granite counter top held two sinks, one trimmed in gold for her and one in silver for him. The shower was a stand up cubicle with a glass door. Inside the shower, each wall held it's own shower head and emitted a nice cloud of steam. She was in awe over just the shower till her eyes landed on the bathtub. It's was huge! White porcelin with twelve spouts that each had their own scent of bubblebath. It was the size of a swimming pool, with the beginning having a depth of 3ft and the end about 7ft. She was going to come back after classes and enjoy a long hot swim and soak. She couldn't wait.

Hermione was pulled out of her happy thought of the hot swim later on today by a loud groaning and crash. She whipped her wand out in front of her and went in search of the crash. She could hear moaning, and was seriously hoping she wasn't about to walk in on one of the boys and some poor girl they had brought home for the night. Another crash and suddenly she was ducking a stupefy shot from Ginny.

" I'm sorry Hermione, I didn't know it was you."

" Who the bloody hell did you think it was? There's only three others beside you here! What would have happened if you had hit Blaise or Malfoy?" Hermione yelled in a whisper, clutching her hand to her chest, trying to get her heart out of her throat.

" Well let's be honest here, Mione, no one would have lost any sleep if it was Malfoy. You know it's true. Were you the one making the noise?"

As if to answer, a thud reverberated through the hallway and the girls ran towards the sound. They stopped in front of Blaise's bedroom and pressed their ears to it. They heard a couple of moans and groans, which they both made faces at, followed by a yelp and cry of pain.

" I'm no expert here Gin, but that doesn't sound like any sex noises to me. Blaise! Blaise, open the door, or so help me, I will blast it open." Hermione shouted. She waited to the count of three before shouting, "BOMBARDA!" sending Blaise's bedroom door flying in a million pieces.

Ducking and covering her head, Ginny shouted, " Bloody hell Hermione, you could have hurt him."

Hermione went running in, looking around the destroyed room for a trace of Blaise, but not finding any. Did she accidently blow him up in the process? She knew her bombarda spell was strong, but blowing up a human being in the process? Suddenly, she heard another moan coming from the little bathroom adjoining his. Hermione and Ginny both ran into it, clearing out the tiny little pieces of rubble with their feet. In the middle of the floor, laid Blaise clutching his stomach and drenched with sweat.

" Ginny, go, wake up Madame Pompfrey, I'll get Blaise to the Hospital Wing. Should one of us get Malfoy?" asked Hermione, waving her wand over top of Blaise casting wingardium leviosa and levitating him out of the bedroom and down the hall, heading for the hospital.

" He would be here by now if he was in his room. Merlin Hermione, the whole of Britian heard you blow up Blaise's door. Let's go!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Don't worry girls, you got him here just in time. I will be doing a series of spells and tests to find out what's wrong. It might just be something he ate. But it's way past curfew ladies and I suggest you get yourselves back to your rooms. You may come and visit him tomorrow. Now off with you!" said Madame Pompfrey, shooing the girls out of the hospital.

" Where do you think Malfoy is?" asked Ginny, after they walked through the protrait, heading towards her bedroom while side stepping some pieces of wood.

" Merlin knows, Ginny. But I'm tired now, that was one hell of a long day, and I don't want to be falling asleep during classes tomorrow." yawned Hermione.

" Well the first night is always the worst, Mione, but I'll see you tomorrow."

" Yes, goodnight Gin, see you in the morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Draco wandered through the protriat and made his way to his bedroom. He had just come from sending a letter off to his father. All day he had been still having those pains in his stomach, and was starting to run a fever, he wanted to know what was going on with his body and the only one who would have any answers would be his father.

He side stepped the wood pile on the floor in front of Blaise's room, and was about to take a peek inside before he remembered the last time he took a look inside of Blaise's room. Blaise's had some sort of food all over himself and some girl was in the process of eating it off of him. It had taken Draco a few days just to be able to look Blaise in the eyes again, and even longer to forget the image. Draco had learned his lesson that day and never again let his curiosity get the better of him.

' Whatever mess that little nasty freak made, he could clean up by himself, I'm not about to help,' Draco thought as he slipped into his own room, dived into his bed, and slept the worst sleep he had ever had in his life.

Ok this is the last time i'm updating tonight hope you all enjoy :)