They'll Be The Death Of Us Yet

" So?" asked Hermione, swallowing her last bite of bacon, looking at Ginny.

" So what?" she asked.

" What are we gonna do about Malfoy and Blaise? We agreed we would give this, whatever it is, a try but I think we should tell Harry and Ron."

" Now why would we do that? This has nothing to do with them." Ginny replied. " Personally I think we should see where this is going first. No sense in telling them about nothing. Well we should head back to our dorm, and discuss a few things with Blaise and Malfoy." she stood up and began making her way dow the asile.

Hermione just sighed and followed her.

The girls made their way to the Head dorms and paused outside the portrait. Neither made the attempt at the password.

" Ahh, you go ahead. I'll follow behind." mumbled Ginny, looking at her feet.

" Oh for Merlin's sake, destined!" shouted Hermione, grabbing Ginny's arm and pulling her into the dorm. " I'm sick and tired of walking on eggshells because everyone is afraid to address the sensitive issue. I'm going to take a page out of Snape's book."

" Your going to quit washing your hair?" Ginny giggled and Hermione sent her a pointed glare. " It was a joke Mione, jeez. So what are we going to do?"

" Well I don't know about you, but I know nothing about these boys. I think the first step should be to sit down all four of us, and get to know one another before we go any further."

" That's a great idea, yeah and we'll serve tea and cookies, and talk about unicorns and rainbows. Come on Hermione, let's be real about this for a minute here. We know what is expected of us within six months from now, so I say we start there."

Hermione's eyes widened and her mouth dropped open, and she stood there gaping at her best friend like a shocked goldfish. " You cannot be suggesting we just allow them to mark us then jump into bed with them?"

" Well no, not quite like that. How about we start with a date to Hogsmeade before we make any decisions. Then when we're there we can get to know them better over dinner and drinks. It'll be fun, Mione I promise." Ginny suggested, trying to calm Hermione down. She was still wide eyed, but at least she had closed her mouth. Ginny was sure she had succeded when Hermione blew up.

" I'M NOT SLEEPING WITH MALFOY!"

" And I'm not expecting you too either, it's just a date in Hogsmeade. Merlin Hermione, when did I say anything about sleeping with Malfoy?"

" Well you didn't, I was just clarifying my decision." Hermione shrugged and went to sit on the couch. She leaned against the armrest, resting her head. " I didn't get enough sleep last night."

Ginny came and sat beside her, resting her head against Hermione's shoulder. " Everything will turn out for the best, Mione, you'll see. I didn't realize how tired I was either. Maybe after a nap we'll go and see..." she stopped and turned towards Hermione. Her mouth was slightly open and she was emmiting soft snores. Ginny just laughed and leaned her head back on Hermione, before she closed her eyes and everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The wind lightly blew, sending a slight chill through both boys as Blaise and Malfoy came to a stop by the edge of the Great Lake. After the meeting in Dumbledore's office, both boys needed some air, a chance to clear their heads and come up with a serious game plan.

" You know, surprisingly enough, after everything that happened earlier, I'm still not secure in knowing I'm gonna live to see my 19th birthday." Draco moaned, picking up a rock and chucking it in the lake, watching it skip twice.

" I think your reading way too much into it mate, she agreed she'd give you a chance, and that's more then you had last night. Last night we were setting out your funeral plans. I don't see your issue here, just don't screw it up!" Blaise replied, wrapping his robes around himself tighter, it was really chilly this morning.

" Sure Blaise, she did say she'd give me a chance, but let's get real for a minute. This is Granger we're talking about. Every fiber of my being wants to run up to the dorms and be with her, yet my brain is kicking me in my ass for even considering this. I know, it's her or my life, but for the past six years, it never would have been her." Shaking his head, Draco turned and began walking back to the castle, Blaise on his heels. " Do you at least have a plan as to how I'm to throw this so-called 'woo' at her and have her fall in love me?"

" Well, we could always kidnap her, take her away to a isolated place, obliviate her memories and fill them up with years of loving you, and then your problem would be solved," at this the blonde's eyes lit up, igniting a dangerous glint Blaise had seen before. " HOWEVER, I was thinking maybe we could start out with a date and for now settling with getting to know one another, trying to become friends if anything at all."

" But we're not ruling out the whole kidnapping thing though are we?"

" You can not be serious!"

" Wishful thinking Blaise, wishful thinking." Replied Draco, walking through the castle's doors, heading down the halls. He paused for a moment, coming to halt, causing Blaise to slam into the back of him. Regaining his footing, Blaise came around to stand beside him, watching as a slight smile graced his aristocratic features.

" I've seen that look before, and everytime nothing good has come from it. What are you thinking about?" Blaise wondered with a worried expression on his face.

" I've just had a thought Blaise!"

" Never a good sign."

" Oh, but this time, my dear, dear friend, this time it is. I was just thinking, however I'm going to win the fair Ms. Granger's heart, she will have to eventually inform Potter and Weasel about our little predicament. Blaise, I believe I have found the silver lining in all of this."

" I'm not following." confused, Blaise continued walking along side of Draco.

" It's going to be a joy to watch their faces and hear what they have to say once she tells them of her being my mate."

" Sure, it could mean a few kicks but Potter's not so bad. He's actually a pretty decent guy once you get to know him. And sure Weasley over reacts, but after he calms down and stuffs his face, he's alright, I guess."

" Yeah Potter's okay, and I'll never admit again under threats of death, but it's still a riot to get him going, and he's going to blow a gasket when he hears this little diddy. And my guess is Weasley is going to suffer from heart failure when he finds out his best friend is destined to be with his arch-nemisis, but don't forget Blaise, your his baby sister's mate."

Blaise moaned and banged his head against the wall when they stopped in front of the protrait. " I had forgotten that part. Merlin, help me."

They walked trough the portrait and both tilted their heads in the air and took a big breath.

" As long as I live, I don't think I'll ever get over how fantastic she smells." Draco whispered, his eyes blackening over. He made to make his way over to Hermione, when Blaise stepped in front of him. A low growl emmitted from deep in his throat as Blaise directed him back towards the door.

" Draco, contain yourself. Your going to frighten Hermione. We've got to learn to control our urges. Snap out of it." Blaise yelled in a whisper. It was just as hard for him to control himself, but he didn't want another episode to happen like what happened last night. And he sure didn't want Lucius going through with his threat to tell his mother what had occured. He let go of Draco's shoulders once his eyes had changed back. Draco blinked a couple of times, before he took a few calming breaths, shook his arms and rotated his head a few times.

" Okay, I can do this. Just gotta keep myself in check."

" Your hormones is more like it," Blaise muttered under his breath. He followed Draco towards the couch and came to stand infront of it. Both boys peered down at their mates, tilting their heads to the side. They would never understand how women could sleep beside each other, let alone cuddled up with one another without any creepy feelings of being that close to the same sex. Blaise looked over at Draco, who had a confused look upon his face.

" I'll never understand it Blaise!" Draco commented, wrinkling his nose.

" I can understand it, girls are soft, smooth. Their comfortable to curl up with, and their a good source of heat when the nights are cold. I can see why they could cuddle up with each other, or sleep with each other in the same bed. Plus, Granger and Ginny are best friends, it's normal for this to happen often."

" I care for you deeply Blaise, but if I ever wake up and your laying next to me in bed, curled up against me, I won't hesitate to hex you senseless." Draco quirked an eyebrow up at the boy. " But what do we do in this situation?"

" I suppose waking them up would be a good start."

" Thank you genius. Honesly, I don't know what I would do without you. I know we need to wake them up, I was asking about how we go about it?" Draco sneered, shaking his head at his friend.

Blaise walked around the couch, when suddenly he smiled at Draco. " I have an idea," he placed two fingers inside his mouth and gave a short but extremly loud whistle, startling both girls awake. Ginny shot up off the couch and whipped her wand out. Hermione was a bit faster and Draco soon was ducking spells shot his way.

Blaise laughed as Draco jumped over the coffee table, turning it over onto its side, using it as a sheild. " Granger, Weasley relax, it's just us. Stop trying to kill Draco." By this time, Draco had rasied his wand in the air in surrender, and was waving it back and forth, imaging a white flag attached to the top of it.

" Sorry Blaise, you startled me is all," Hermione replied, lowering her wand.

" Startled? You nearly killed me!" Draco shouted, regaining his Malfoy posture and straightening out his robes. "

" Don't start Malfoy, I'm not awake yet. What was the meaning of waking us up?" Hermione huffed, annoyance clear in her voice.

" Well after today's informative meeting in Dumbledore's office earlier, Draco and I thought we would take you ladies up on your offer to give us a chance and ask you two for dinner in Hogsmeade later tonight. That's if you wanted to go, of course." Blaise answered, coming back around to take a seat on one of the armchairs.

Hermione went to open her mouth, when Ginny raised her hand in the air, took a seat opposite Blaise in the other armchair and leaned forward. " Now suppose we agree to dinner, where would we be going?" she asked, clasping her hands in front of her.

Draco came to stand behind Blaise, and looked on as Hermione did the same behind Ginny. If anyone would have walked into the Head's common room, the scene in front of them would have resembled a hearing between two lawyers and their clients, negoiating a contract.

" Well we were thinking maybe a dinner in a restaurant Draco and I know well, followed by a few drinks and conversation at The Three Broomsticks, ending with a walk and more conversation down by the lake before retiring for the night. How does that sound?" Blaise offered, raising his eyebrows looking Ginny in the eye.

" Deal..."

" GINNY!" Hermione shouted.

Again Ginny raised her hand in the air, quieting Hermione. " However, you two will pick us up at our door, 7pm sharp no later, flowers will be expected. You two will be paying for dinner and drinks. The walk by the lake will be kept by curfew and completly innocent and you two will walk us to the door at the end of the evening. All the while being perfect gentlemen. Any resistance to comply to these rules will deem the date over immediatly and I fear another chance may not be in the cards again for either of you two. Are we understood?"

" We are understood." Blaise agreed. Draco raised his eyebrows and tilted his head towards the redhead. Blaise just smirked.

" So we're in agreement as how this date is going to go?" Hermione asked, still a bit skeptical.

" Absoleutly Granger." Blaise answered, standing up, shaking hands with both girls, as did Draco. He stopped as he pulled his hand from Ginny's. " You know Weasley, you would make one hell of a lawyer," he said, blushing a little.

" Well when you have as many brothers who are sneaky and cunning as the best of them as I do, it's in your best interest to argue and iron out the finer points of a deal before agreeing to one." she laughed, also a slight tint of blush in her cheeks.

While Blaise and Ginny were conversing, Hermione and Draco just stared at each other.

" What's the matter, scared Granger?" Draco asked.

" Of a lot of things actually, Malfoy. Spiders, thunder, but of you, hardly." she spit back, taking a step closer to him. She moved closer, coming to stand a few inchs from him. " And going on this date with you, doesn't even make the list." She turned and began to take a step when his arm shot out and pulled her back.

Electricity shot through her body and goosebumps suddenly appeared where his skin made contact with hers. She stared wide eyed up at him, unable to catch her breath. He really was extremely gorgeous, how she had missed that all these years, she didn't know. He pulled her in close and leaned down to whisper in her ear,

" Perhaps that's because we're double dating. Wait till I get you alone, Granger."

She pulled back a bit and looked up at him. " Now why would I agree to being alone with you.?"

" Because love, your my mate. At some point, your going to have to be alone with me, and it's then that I promise you, I will not have you afraid of me. If I had it my way, instead of the date, I would be taking you up to my bedroom where I would have you screaming my name from hours of pure pleasure. But, I must abide by the ludacris terms my so-called friend agreed to." he whispered into her ear, leaving her shuddering from the feel of his breath on her, and he briskly walked away. Grabbing Blaise by the arm, he poiltely excused himself and Blaise, claiming to having to get ready for tonights date that was in less then two hours. Hermione could only remain where she stood, still wide eyed and her mouth hanging open.

Ginny came up beside her, " come on Mione, we better start getting ready as well. What's wrong?"

" Hours?"

" Huh? What was that?"

" Nothing let's go." Hermione replied, walking towards her room. ' Hours, really? Merlin!' she thought to herself, pulling out outfits to decide upon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Blaise paced in front of the portrait, nervously waiting for 7pm to arrive. He was speaking to himself, trying to figure out what he would say, what he shouldn't. It wasn't going well at all. He started shaking his head, ' what is wrong with me?' he thought. ' I have never been this nervous with girls, ever!' But then again, all of them were just casual lays, nothing serious. " Then again, none of them were my mate that I was going to spend the rest of my life with either,' he began to feel woosy. He needed to sit down.

Draco had been watching the whole episode, while currently sitting along the wall. He was laughing to himself at his best friends antics. He couldn't understand what was causing Blaise to act all weird. There wasn't anything to be nervous about. It was just dinner and drinks, something they did with friends everyday. Not like they were planing a hostile takeover, or getting married.

" Blaise, for Merlin's sake your making me dizzy. Sit down before you fall down!"

Blaise placed his back against the wall and slid down. " And just how the hell can you be so calm about everything? Why aren't you freaking out?"

" It's just dinner and drinks. What's there to be worried about?"

" Maybe the fact that if this night doesn't go well, their be singing the funeral march while digging our graves. Did that thought ever occur to you?"

" As a matter of fact, wasn't I the one freaking out yesterday about the prospect of dying? So yes, the thought has crossed my mind, Blaise. I just don't see the point to freaking out until there's something to freak out about. Now come on, we need to knock on our own door to pick up our dates for this evening."

Draco stood and pounded his fist against the portrait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 The girls were ready. They had been for the past twenty minutes. Both girls stood infront of the large mirror, standing along Hermione's wall. Both were inspecting their hair, makeup and clothing.

Ginny had curled her hair, putting it on top of her head with a few small tendrils falling down. She hadn't put alot of makeup on, not needing much to begin with. She wore a green sundress, which fell halfway to her knees, accenting her red hair beautifully. She had choosen black ballet shoes, silver drop earrings and a nice light flowery scented perfume. She looked stunning.

Hermione on the other hand, had Ginny do everything for her. She wasn't skilled in the ways of makeup, hair or dressing up for boys. Ginny made the perfect friend in times like these. She had straightened her hair, now falling perfectly down her back, coming to a stop halfway down. Ginny had picked out a white baby doll dress, with tiny little tear drop diamonds scattered across the top with a v-neck cut. Hermione liked the way it accented her cleavage, but it was a little shorter then what she was used to, It barely covered her thighs, but Ginny assured you couldn't see anything.

' As long as she doesn't bend over,' laughed Ginny to herself.

She lightly covered Hermione with a faint coverup and mascara. She placed light brown eyeshadow on her eyes and clear lip gloss for a final touch. Hermione couldn't argue, she did like how she looked. She felt beautiful for the first time in a long time. Ginny placed the finishing touch by having Hermione wear her favourite felt lined black high heels.

The entire transformation of Hermione shocked Ginny. She barely looked like herself, and Ginny was glad. She didn't want Hermione to resemble herself. She wanted to shut Malfoy's mouth once and for all, or leave it hanging open from shock. Either reaction would suit Ginny just fine. She watched Hermione twirl one last time before standing up.

" You nervous about this date?" Ginny asked, gathering both cloaks, heading out of Hermione's bedroom.

Hermione bounced out behind her, " dressed like this, how could one be nervous?" she laughed.

They made their way to the common room and Ginny did one last check over of both girls before they heard the knocking. Ginny went to open the portrait when Hermione stopped her.

" Wait, I changed my mind. I am nervous, I..I don't want to do this anymore."

Ginny laughed and grabbed Hermione's arm, dragging her towards the door. " You can't back out now, Hermione, we made a deal. Now your going to go through with this, or so help me, I will place a bat boogey hex on you the world has never seen."

Hermione raised her hands in surrender. " Okay. Merlin Ginny, no need to go to such extremes. A simple please would have sufficed just as well."

Ginny wrapped her cloak around herself and answered the door as Hermione did the same with hers.

" Good evening ladies. Your escorts have arrived and might I say, you look beautiful." Blaise said, bowing before Ginny, handing her a bundle of Lillies wrapped together with a maroon ribbon.

" Thank you Blaise, you look handsome as well." Ginny replied, taking her flowers and smelling them before placing them on the coffee table. Draco came forward, and handed Hermione a bundle of blue roses, tied together with a white glossimer ribbon.

" You look gorgeous Granger."

" Thank you Malfoy, you clean up good yourself. How did you know blue roses were my favourite?" Hermione asked, placing them beside Ginny's.

" I did my homework. Shall we?" Draco asked, offering his arm to Hermione. She slid her arm through his, and walked out the portrait hole, followed closely by Blaise and Ginny.

They made their way through the hallways, everyone trying to figure out something to say to break the tension. Thankfully, the brightest witch of her age came through.

" So might I ask where we're going for dinner?"

" It's a quiet little place not many people know about. Called The Witching Hour, serves amazing Muggle foods. I suggest the lobster. What?" asked Draco, crunching his face when Hermione gawked at him.

" I'm sorry, I'm just a little shocked to hear Draco Malfoy eating Muggle food is all."

" Well food is food Granger, no matter who makes it. It would still be lobster if a wizard cooked it, just would be done a lot quicker." Draco laughed. They had reached the outside, and everyone shivered. Draco raised his wand and cast a warming charm on everyone, receiving a thankful smile from Hermione. His heart pounded in his chest. If he felt this elated from receiving a thank you, would he even survive when they reached a more physical state of their relationship? God he hoped so. They made their way to the carriage the boys procurred, and climbed inside.

Hermione welcomed the warmth, though when Malfoy came and sat beside her, brushing his arm against her side accidently, she found it suddenly hot. She turned her head to stare out the window, trying to cover her flaming red cheeks, unfortunatly Blaise of all people happened to notice. He slightly raised a single eyebrow in a knowing way, letting Hermione silently know she was in for some one on one questions later on. She rolled her eyes when he broke out into a grin, and went to staring back out at the window.

" So Malfoy, I just have to ask, how did you take the news when you found out your parents were really spies for the Order, and not the Muggle hating, Death Eaters they were pretending to be?" asked Ginny, trying to start up another conversation. She didn't really care for silent carriage rides. She knew if the night continued in silence, they would get nothing accomplished.

" You want the truth?" he asked, leaning forward a bit.

" Why would I want anything but?" she questioned, also leaning forward slightly.

" Well...honestly... I was outraged!" he answered.

Hermione snorted in disgust. She turned in her seat, facing Ginny " you were expecting a different answer Gin? This is Malfoy your talking to. He was, if not more, a even bigger notorious Muggle hater then his own father. It must burn you alive inside that a Mudblood has turned out to be your mate for life. How fate has royally kicked you in the ass huh Malfoy?"

She was expecting him to blow up, scream, even hex her. Yet instead he just sighed and leaned back. " Contrary to popular belief Granger, I'm not as big as a Muggle hater as my previous actions these past 6 years have made me out to be." Once again Hermione snorted her disbelief. " Actually, I didn't even know what a Mudblood was until I was 12." Draco shrugged. He was willing to finally tell her the truth, but if she wasn't willing to believe him, that was her problem.

" You can't be serious. You called me that when we were 12. You clearly had to have an idea of the term. 12 year olds don't go around calling one another names they don't know the meaning of, that's more 6 and 7 year olds." she huffed, turning to face him.

" I am serious. I had never heard the term before coming to Hogwart's. It was said quite often in the Slytherin common room. I wrote home one day asking my father what it meant. He happened to write back explaining what it meant, and that just so happened to be the day I called you it. So in reality, that would be fate kicking your ass Granger. Had you not said anything, I wouldn't have called you it and started our beloved rivalry." he snickered.

" It's true Hermione. Draco and I weren't raised in cruel homes. We were loved and cared for dearly. Our parents were kind, caring, and didn't raise us to hate anyone. We were allowed to be friends with whoever we wanted, we were punished when we did wrong, and we were praised when we did right." Blaise offered, coming to Draco's rescue. It was true, they weren't raised any differently then a normal child raised in a loving home.

" So why did you say you were outraged when you found out your parents were spies for the Order?" she asked, wanting to learn more about the anomally that was Draco Malfoy.

" Well like Blaise said, we were allowed to be friends with whoever we saw fit. When Voldemort began raising to power again and my parents had to pretend to be Death Eaters, I was no longer allowed anymore. I actually wanted to be friends with Potter. Hell even Weasel, mainly because he was friends with Potter as well. I wanted to be friends with you! From the moment I met you, I liked you. You were strong, outgoing, and a little cute with your big teeth and unruly hair. Then you showed how smart you were in class and it made me like you more. I perfer smart people to dumb people," he began, running a hand through his blonde locks, " I was forced to be friends with Crabbe and Goyle because they were future Death Eaters, as was Blaise. Made sense to surround me with other Death Eater kids, maybe I would hear something my father wouldn't, tell him and he could turn it in to the Order. You know how kids are always hearing things they shouldn't." she nodded, he continued. " So my father and mother put on this act of hating those less then pureblooded, and because I was so young, I assumed they didn't want me to act like that before I was old enough to understand why I should hate them. So here I was, fake forced to hate people who secretly I wanted nothing more then to be friends with, and friends with people I hated more then anything. Plus I was forced to believe in hating those of lesser blood then myself, when in all honesty, I couldn't find anything to hate. My number one reason was you. You, someone considered a Mudblood, besting every Pureblood in the school, even those before our time, yet I was hate you because you weren't good enough to have magical blood? Stupid beliefs if you ask me." he explained, shaking his head.

" Wait, wait wait. So your telling me, when you extended your hand to Harry in first year, it was out of friendship? Not because your father asked you too? And you just happened to call me Mudblood because I started fighting first? And you never believed any of the Pureblood beliefs Voldemort tried to instill in everyone? Ever?" Hermione asked.

" Yes, everything you just said is true. Every word of it."

" Merlin!" both girls breathed. Ginny sat there not knowing what to say, instead looked to Hermione with her brain to solve the issue. Unfortunatly, it seemed Hermione was at a loss for words as well.

The rest of the carriage ride was silent. They reached the restaurant 10 minutes later. Blaise hopped and held out his hand for Ginny, followed by Draco who did the same for Hermione. She held onto his arm, holding him back from entering the restaurant. He looked down at her, noticing she was fighting in war with her mind.

" Malfoy, I've been thinking, about everything you said. I was able to forgive your father for worse things, so I'm going to extend the same courtesy to you, although I'm going to offer one thing I didn't to him. I can't say I'm going to be able to forget everything you've done in the past, but I'm going to try my best too. And if your up for the challenge," she stopped and extended her hand. He didn't know what do to. He stared at her hand for a minute, thinking back to first year with Harry Potter and himself in the exact same position. Except, there weren't any harsh words exchanged between them, and she wasn't making fun of his friends. He thought for a moment, before he smiled and took her hand in his, shaking it softly. " I'm Hermione Jean Granger."

" Draco Lucius Malfoy"

" Friends?" she asked

" Friends!" he answered, and offered her his arm once again, walking into the restaurant.

" So you suggested the lobser huh?" Hermione laughed, sitting down in the chair Malfoy pulled out for her. He took the seat next to her, laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 " Bloody hell Harry, becoming a girl for a day would drive any man to drink!" said Ron, walking out of Zonko's Joke Shop. " How's about we head to The Three Broomsticks for a few? Maybe Ginny and Hermione will be there?" he asked, leading the way to the bar.

Harry just laughed, putting his arm around Luna's waist. " Your just hoping you'll run into dear Ms. Parkinson, and maybe she'll allow you to buy her that drink she so flatly turned you down for."

" Ahhh young love," Luna sighed, resting her head on Harry's shoulders. " It's the Crumpled Horned Snorklaks mating," she began but Ron interruted her.

" Yes yes, all well and good Luna. Why would you say that Harry? I'm simply missing them is all. This has nothing to do with Pansy!" Ron said, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

" Right Ron, that's why you haven't mentioned a word of Hermione or Ginny since the party, suggested we go to the place for drinks that every student visits in Hogsmeade knowing that we'll run into all three girls in there. And since when did we start calling Pansy by her first name?" Harry asked, a hint of humor in his voice.

" Well it does happen to be my name, Potter. Just usually spoken amongst people with more class then you." Pansy sneered, casually walking past them, pausing to glance over her shoulder to wink at Ron.

" Forgive me Parkinson. Didn't know we were confusing class for the common, everyday style of whore nowadays. Where was my manners?" Harry shot back.

Pansy spun around, " bastard!" she shouted.

" Slut!"

" WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS GOING ON HERE?" Ron shouted, pointing to where Ginny, Hermione, Blaise and Draco sat, enjoying a few butterbeers and laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hermione wiped away a tear that was rolling down her face while she tried to catch her breath from laughing so hard. " So, she wanted you to not only wear her clothes, but prance around and dance for her too?"

Blaise took a drink of of his butterbeer and shrugged, " Yeah, so I went into her bathroom, and climbed out the window. I didn't know what else to do."

" And what about you Malfoy, any embarrassing yet hilarious sex stories you wish to share?" asked Ginny, coming back with four more butterbeers.

" I don't kiss and tell." he smiled, leaning back in his chair.

" No he doesn't.. I do it for him. Okay so there was this girl in a bar right? And she was asking him to......" Blaise started but Draco quieted him. They all looked to where he was pointing, seeing a seething Ron, confused Harry, shocked Pansy, and off in another world Luna looking right at them. Hermione stood and motioned to the four of them to come over.

" Hey Harry, Luna, Ron and Pansy? Ummm what are you guys doing here?" Hermione asked, shocked to see Parkinson amongst her friends, but she supposed she knew how they were feeling, her with Malfoy.

" I could ask you the same thing, being with Malfoy and Zabini." asked Ron, glaring at the Slytherin's.

" Okay, before things get way out of hand, why don't we get a bigger table, and everyone sit down. There's a few things we need to tell you guys." Ginny suggested, gathering her things and moving to the back of the bar where a bigger table was.

They all took their seats, and everyone was waiting for someone to begin explaining when Harry began.

" Well I would like to take this time to order a round of firewhiskey, seeing as we all might need it." he signaled the waitress and ordered the round, which magically appeared in front of them.

" Well somebody better start explaining what's going on, cause I sure don't know!" said Pansy, taking a gulp of her firewhiskey.

" Okay where to begin?" Ginny asked.

" How about at the beginning?" said Ron.

The girls began telling the rest the story, explaining how Blaise and Draco were Veela's, they were their mates, the meeting in Dumbledore's office and what they were doing at The Three Brromsticks. Harry, Luna and Pansy were taking this all in stride while Ron was just getting redder by the minute.

" I don't believe this. You two are Veela's and your telling me my best friend and younger sister are your mates? No, absoluetly not. There's no way I'm going to allow my best friend and sister to be with you two." He stood up and began walking over to Hermione and Ginny. He grabbed both their arms and hauled them to their feet, " while you two may have everyone else fooled, I'm not. Get your coats girls, we're leaving."

Harry glanced over at Blaise and Draco, noticing their eyes had turned black and they began standing up, growling quietly. " Ahh Ron, you might wanna sit back down and step away from the girls."

" Ron, get your hands off of us, we're not going anywhere." Ginny yelled, trying to pull her arm out of Ron's death grip, but failing.

" No, we're leaving right now. Get moving." he said, pushing both girls towards the door and grabbing their arms once more.

All anyone heard was a loud growl before both girls were whipped behind Blaise who stood in front, growling and baring his teeth, while Draco held Ron up against the wall, his feet dangling a few inchs from the ground. He had his hand wrapped around Ron's throat and was growling angrily, his eyes flashing.

" Believe what you want Weasley, but if I ever see you handle those girls like that again, even so much as lay an unwanted finger on them, I will tear you into a million pieces. Begining with whatever limb you touched them with. Do I make myself clear?" Draco asked, calm and quietly. All Ron could get out was a high pitched squeal, before Draco let him go, allowing him fall to the ground clutching his throat, trying to regain his breath. Harry came over and helped Ron to is seat, looking at him with an 'I told you so' look upon his face.

" Oh shut it Harry." Ron mumbled, rubbing his neck.

Blaise escorted the girls back to their seats, and sat in his while Draco was taking a few calming breaths, trying to regain composure. He sighed and took a seat next to Hermione, slinging his arm around the back of her chair.

" Well, I for one can now say I believe the story. And after that incredible display, I would find it hard to believe that you still don't Weasley." Pansy exclaimed, who had remained sitting in her seat the entire time.

" Thanks Parkinson. But yes, I do believe it now."

" Well I can't say I'm surprised." Luna said, everyone turning to look at her with weird expressions. " I've thought of Draco as rather effeminate. And Blaise, you are have always been thought of as pretty rather then the usual handsome and rugged."

" Well as exciting as being told I'm effeminate is, the four of us are going to continue our date. So see you all tomorrow, enjoy the rest of your night." laughed Draco, pulling out Hermione's chair and helping her with her cloak, Blaise doing the same with Ginny.

" Good night guys, see you tomorrow." waved Hermione, walking out of the bar, climbing into the carriage. Except this time, when Draco brushed against her while climbing in, she didn't blush. Instead she just smiled the biggest smile she had in the longest time.

" You alright mate? You look down. It wasn't because Lovegood called you effeminate was it?" laughed Blaise.

" No, and you shouldn't be feeling all high and mighty either, she thinks Potter is rugged and handsome, while she called you pretty," Blaise frowned at this, Draco continued. " But no, I was just expecting more of a reaction out of Potter when we told him of the situation we happen to be in, but nothing. Not a yell, not a curse, not even a bit of saliva being spit from his mouth. Nothing! Such a let down."

" I personally think he took it well, and surprisingly, I think he's not against the four of us dating. In fact, he might even approve a little bit. Even with the little scence with Ron, I think it went better then Ginny and I expected." Hermione said, happy it went well.

Draco just sighed and leaned his head against the back of the seat.

' So much for my silver lining.' he thought to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 The moon was shinning brightly, reflecting beautifully off the Great Lake. Even the squid had decided to surface, sending ripples through it. Draco had shed his cloak and draped it over Hermione's shoulders. He had decided to tempt fate and place his arm around her shoulders as well. Well imagine his surprise when she leaned into his arm and rested her head against his chest. You could have knocked him over with a feather.

" Have you been enjoying the night so far Hermione?" he asked.

She raised her head off his chest and stared at him.

" What?" he asked

" You called me Hermione. You've never referred to me by my first name, ever. It's always been either my last name, a mean name, or Mudblood!" she said.

He cringed at that word, " Well I figured since we're friends now, and trying out this dating thing, the least we could do is call each other by our first names, don't you think?"

" I think that could be arranged...Draco. Merlin that sounds so weird." Hermione laughed, placing her head back on his chest. He came to stand behind her, placing his hands around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder, staring out on the lake. He loved the way she laughed, it was infectious. It coursed through him like electricity, and he welcomed the jolt. It felt amazing.

" So, since we know little about each other, how about we play a little game where we ask anything, and the other has to answer honestly, no matter what. That should help." she suggested. Pulling him down, they remained in the same position, but sitting on the grass, leaning back against a tree.

" I think that's fair, though if one of us doesn't want to answer a question, they may pass, but only once."

" Fair enough."

" So where did you grow up?" Draco started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 " So your saying, you've always been attracted to me, just never did anything because you thought I was too good for you?" Ginny asked, walking along the shore. Her hand entwined with Blaise's.

" Well yeah, how could a man ever think he was good enough for you Ginny?"

" Well I am pretty damn amazing, not gonna lie." she laughed.

" That you are." Blaise whispered. Ginny spun around and stared into his violet eyes, she sighed and shook her head, and laughed.

" What's the matter Red?"

" You have no idea how many times I have imagined, even dreamed about doing this. How long I have wanted to do this," and she stood up on her tip toes and pressed her lips against his. His body shivered at the touch, and he pressed her closer into him. He melted into her, and wrapped his arms around her waist, lifting her up in the air. She squealed with delight, and wrapped her arms around his neck while he spun her around. She nibbled lightly on his lower lip, and he moaned in pleasure. He ran his tongue along her lower lip, asking for entrance to which she gave willingly. He lightly ran his along hers, and before he knew it, she began fighting back with hers. The kiss began heating up and their tongues battled for dominace. She ran her fingers through his hair, while he ran his up the sides of her body. She brought her hands to his chest and began unbuttoning his shirt, almost ripping the buttons off the offending clothing. She placed her hands inside and rubbed, sending heat scorching through his skin. He emmitted a deep growl and began sliding off the straps of her sundress, his tongue tracing her the sensitive areas on her neck. She moaned, tilting her head back, lowering her hands to lightly dance underneath the waistband of his trousers. She loved the way he felt, so smooth, so warm. As she lightly pulled him down on to the ground, he placed himself gently between her, lifting her dress. He placed his hand on her leg and slowly began running it up the inside of her thigh. Just then, his gums started tingling, and he knew his canines were begining to grow, his body feeling the need to mark her. He pulled his hand back, and moved off of Ginny. He stood with his back to her, trying to calm down. Ginny stood up and placed her hand on Blaise's shoulder, turning him around.

" What's wrong Blaise? Did I do something wrong?" she asked. He shook his head, unable to answer, not wanting to show his canines.

" Talk to me, tell me what's wrong. I thought you were enjoying yourself."

He opened his mouth, showing his fangs. Ginny gasped and took a step back. "Because I haven't marked you yet, anytime we become close, or physical I will get these. Merlin this is so embarrassing." Blaise muttered, lowering his head.

" No offense Blaise, but someone sees another with fangs at night, first impression is 'Eeek vampire, grab the crosses, holy water and stake the thing!' so forgive my reaction. But don't ever hide yourself from me. I think your beautiful the way you are, weither you have fangs at the moment or not." Ginny said softly, placing her hand under his chin and lifting it up. He smiled a little smile, the tips of his fangs showing, and she smiled. She placed a kiss on his cheek, and grabbed his hand.

" Come on, let's go find Hermione and Malfoy. Give each of us a chance to cool down, lord knows I need it." she shyly said.

" I know, I can smell it."

" What? You can smell what?"

" Ahhh, nevermind, come on lets go find Hermione and Draco."

" No no no, what did you mean you could smell it?"

Blaise sighed, he was already embarrassed about his fangs, now he had to explain this to her as well. What next, his clothes vanish?

" Veela's have heightened sense of smell, espically when it comes to their mates. I can tell weither you brushed your teeth, put on perfume, when your aroused...." he trailed off, a light blush gracing his cheeks.

" Well so can anyone else if they stand close to me. So how's that any different?"

" I could smell that waiting outside the portrait, before you stepped out of the shower," Ginny gave him a weird look, " We also have stronger hearing as well, I can hear what your doing without having to be in the same room, but I have to focus extremely hard."

" Right, well that's going to take some time to get used to. But that means it's just more to love I guess, well let's get going."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Draco was listening to her tell some ridiculous story about how she spent an entire summer in something called a cast, having broken her arm riding a bicycle.

" And you spent 6 weeks with broken bones? How did you not go insane from the pain?" Draco asked, shocked she survived that ordeal.

" Well Muggle's don't have bone-growing potions Draco, they don't use magic remember?" she giggled.

Draco just laughed along with her, hugging her tight, not wanting to let go. Suddenly, she pulled away and spun around to face him. " Okay, last question, because it's getting close to curfew. When you kissed me on the train, was it because you knew I was your mate?"

" Not at all, I had no idea Veela blood even ran in my family, let alone that I may have been one. When I kissed you on the Hogwart's Express, there was a little voice inside my head repeating phrases like 'mine', and then I got hit with your scent, but that just added to the want. I wanted you when you first came into the Head's compartment with that ladylike entrance." he laughed at the memory. She laughed as well. " Now your last question. Would you have given me a chance to take you out on a date if you weren't my mate and my life wasn't in your hands?"

" In all honesty, probably not. But thats because I had no idea you weren't yourself. If I had of known you were this person, I would have been one of those girls gushing over you constantly, rather then loathing the ground you walked on." she replied truthfully.

" Well then, I'm glad that this has happened."

" Why would you say that?"

" Because, not only has this allowed me to be myself, but it also brought me to you."

At that moment, he should have seized his opportunity and kissed her. He had said everything that was in his heart, he had been truthful, he had been honest. And here she was, fully swooned, fully romanced just asking to be kissed with her slightly parted mouth. Her full lips begging for him to taste, to violate with his own, and all he could do was sigh. He had heard Blaise and Ginny approaching, coming to get them to walk back to the Head's dorm together. Well he could wait, he would have her, all in good time.

" Come on Draco, time to get our dates back home before curfew." Blaise yelled, waiting for the two to join them. Draco grabbed Hermione's hand, placed a kiss on it and entwined it with his own. Hermione sighed as well, rested her head against his shoulder and walked up to meet their friends.

" Did you two have a good time?" asked Ginny, noticing Hermione's flushed face.

" It was perfect!" was all she could say.

Ginny smiled and looked at Blaise. He grinned down at her. It had really been a perfect night. They all walked in silence until they reached the portrait. They each said goodnight and the boys held the door open while both girls walked through. The girls headed straight for Hermione's room, while the boys stayed in the common room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" So you saw his fangs? What did they look like? Did they look like their going to hurt?" Hermione asked, interested in learning all she could about Veela's.

" Yeah, they were like normal fangs I suppose, white and gleaming. At first I nearly jumped out of my skin, thinking he was a vampire and everything, but then when he explained what was happening, I relaxed. If anyone could pull off a set of fangs, it was him. Merlin Hermione, if it was possible, I think he was even more handsome." Ginny explained. " And anything that was built to pierce your skin is gonna hurt. But we're expecting it to, so at least it won't come as a shock. How was your walk?"

Hermione just sighed, " You know I have never done anything more then kiss a boy before, and those kisses weren't anything to write home about either, no offence to your brother, but Ginny, if you hadn't had come when you did, I swear I would have not only let him mark me right there, I would have slept with him as well. How does he do it? Make me break down all my walls, trust him, and have me panting like a dog in heat?"

" I think thats called love Mione. Because I'm right where you are. Had he not pulled away when he did, I would have been marked, and had slept with Blaise as well. Your not the only one going through this, I'm feeling everything you are."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the common room both Veela's were focusing really hard, hearing every word. Both stared wide eyed at each other, neither believing what they were hearing. They not only could have both marked their mates tonight, but could have also gotten some from them too?

Only Blaise spoke, " No doubt about it mate, their going to be the death of us."

But Draco wasn't so sure. With the information he had just overheard, he was already setting a plan in motion. He only needed to work out all the kinks, and if everything went according to plan, both boys would mark their mates by next week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys so the new chapters up hope you enjoy it. thank you to all the people who have been reading my story it means alot :)

Vote.                                                                                                                                    Comment.                                                                                                                            Fan.