The Trouble With Veela's

Dumbledore sighed and rubbed his eyes. Snape stood before him ranting and raving for about an hour over faulty ingredients and incompetent students. He would never understand why Snape would want to take up a teaching job when he had such a resentful outlook towards students. Dumbledore took off his glasses, cleaned them and placed them back on, pinching the bridge of his nose.

" Do you think, for one minute, that maybe it wasn't the students incompetence but that another issue may be the reason Ms. Granger's and Mr. Malfoy's potion didn't work?" asked Dumbledore, a slight smile gracing his aging features.

" What other issues could have caused that effect? If you know something Albus, please, inform the rest of us. I'm tired of your cryptic sayings." 

" Well, at this moment Severus, I'm not sure. Maybe arranging a meeting with young Malfoy's father might be in order. I will owl Lucius immediatly." Dumbledore stood up, wrote a quick letter and sent it off with his phoenix, Fawkes. He turned back towards his desk and watched as Severus poured himself yet another glass of firewhiskey.

" Perhaps you've had enough, Severus. You've nearly finished off the entire bottle"

" On the contrary Albus, I'm only just beginning!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucius was alerted to Fawkes arrival and untied the note attached to the phoenix's leg. Narcissa floated into the room and took a seat next to her husband at the dinner table.

" What has Draco done this time dear?" she asked softly, pouring herself a cup of tea and sipping slowly.

" Nothing from what I can tell, Dumbledore just requests a meeting to disuss somethings. But I have a nagging feeling that it has something to do with Draco in some way or another." Lucius sighed, placing the letter down on the table and standing up behind his wife. He placed his hands on her shoulders, and turned her around in her chair. He helped her out of her chair and lifted her into his arms, placing her on the kitchen table. Laying her down, he placed a trail of kisses from her cheek, down her neck, across her collarbone and back up to capture her mouth. " But until then, my sweet wife, I have more important matters to attend too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three hours later, the floo in Dumbledore's office roared to life as Lucius stepped out and dusted off his robes.

" What insanely, stupid thing has my son done this time Albus?" Lucius asked, joining Dumbledore as he walked out of the office.

" He has done nothing this time Lucius. In fact, I think something has happened to him, and I think you know what it is. Maybe it's time to inform him of his heritage."

" Perhaps your right Albus, I was hoping to delay it, knowing Dracos' reactions to things he doesn't like." Lucius mumbled, running his hand through his long, blonde hair.

" Yes, he does see to take bad news rather unwell doesn't he?"

" Rather unwell? He acts like a spoiled brat who's in need of a serious spanking." snorted Lucius.

They reached the hospital wing and opened the doors. Lucius scanned the room for his son and found him laying on one of the beds, starring up at the ceiling. He made his way over to Draco's right side and took a seat while Dumbleore remained standing behind Lucius.

" Draco."

" Father."

" I think it's time to have a chat son. There's somethings we need to discuss."

" Father, if this is another attempt at a sex talk, there's no need. I have personally discovered how it's done. So please, save us both the embarrassment." Draco shivered, remembering the last time his father attempted the sex talk. There was alot of stuttering, Lucius started sweating and turning red. Draco had just sighed, kissed his father on the top of his head and stated that everything was okay, that he knew all there was to know. 

" No son, this isn't about....that. This pertains to something different. Now Draco, what do you know about Veela's?"

" Veela's? Well not much actually, aside from the pharamones that they give off making the opposite sex attracted to them, nothing. Why would you ask?" Draco sat up a little straighter in his bed, searching his father and Dumbledore's faces for answers.

" Yes, that is true, but there's so much more then that Draco. Son, your a Veela, like I am! Your grandfather was also a Veela, it goes way back to the beginning of our bloodline."

" I'm a Veela? When was this discovered?"

" I began suspecting it when you started getting stomach pains. That's your body accepting the Veela blood maturing inside you." His father relaxed in his chair, and stared at Draco.

" And you didn't deem this little bit of information necessary when you started to suspect? I think I have a right to know about what's going on in my own body. But let's just assume for a minute that it is what's really going on, what am I to suspect?" Draco sighed and sat back. This was just too much all at once.

" Well aside from the extra attention from the opposite sex, you will have heightened senses, like hearing, taste and smell. And with your heightened smell you will be able to find your mate. Every Veela has one mate for the rest of their lives. I'm sure Dumbledore here has some literature in the liabrary on Veela's that should answer any questions you may have on Veela's."

" Yes young Malfoy, we have a wide collection of Veela books, however a few of them have been signed out by Mr. Zabini yesterday." Dumbledore offered from behind his father.

" Why would Blaise have them sir?"

" Because Draco, he's also a Veela, just like you. A new one at that, and he's just beginning to learn about them as well. I suggest that the two of you help each other out in learning all you can about Veela's. However I can give you one insight before reading any of those books. From the day a Veela matures, you have exactly six months to find and mark your mate, and she must be marked willingly. Consequences of marking an unwilling mate is death." Lucius leaned forward, placing his head in his hands. This was not the way he intended to tell his son. He wanted to do it over Christmas break, in his study over a glass of firewhiskey. Not with Draco laying in a hospital bed, and other sick kids around him hacking and gagging all over the place.

 " And just how am I supposed to find my mate? How am I too know who she is and if she's the one?" Draco asked, now standing up and putting on his school robes, slowly tiring from this conversation. All he wanted right now was to go up to the Head Dorm, give Blaise a piece of his mind for keeping this secret from him and go to bed.

" There will be a few signs actually. You'll find that your senses will automatically heighten when she is in the same room as you. She'll have a certain smell to you that you can't seem to resist, and it'll be the most amazing smell you have ever smelt in your life. She will taste better then anything you have every tasted before in your life. You will find yourself more protective around her as well, as Veela's only live for their mate. There's alot more Draco, more then I have time to explain to you right now." his father said, standing up and escorting his son out of the hospital. They walked in silence towards the Head dorms. Lucius kept sneaking glances at his son, watching his face contort into many different looks as the information slowly sank in. They stopped in front of the portrait, and Lucius turned to face his son.

" But mostly, you'll just know if their the right one Draco. It doesn't matter who it is, your mother and I will accept them with open arms."

" Wait, what do you mean by 'them'? Are you ensinuating that my mate could possibly be a male instead of a female?" Draco's eyes bulged out of his head and he whipped around to face his father while standing in the portrait doorway.

" Yes Draco, a mate could be anyone, it doesn't mean if your male, your mate will be female."

" But I don't swing that way, I like females. It'll be a cold day in hell before I have a male as a mate. I'd sooner die!"

" Well if it happens to be a male and you don't mark and mate, you will die. Your mother and I will mourn your death, my son, but it seems like a pretty stupid reason to give up ones life."

" Well we can't all be mated with a beautiful woman, like how you lucked out father." Draco sighed and retreated inside the Head dorms. He was tired and a little freaked out now knowing his mate could be a male. If that just so happened to be true, Draco swore he would be the dominate one in the relationship. There was no way in hell he was being bottomized, no sir! " Well, as informative as this has all been, I would really like to just go get some sleep."

" Of course son, if theres anything you need, send an Owl, or don't hesitate to seek out Dumbledore. Take care son, we'll see you over Christmas break."

" Bye father!" Draco watched as his father disappeared around a corner, and retreated inside the dorm. His mind remembered Blaise, and bolted towards his room. He nearly took the bedroom door off the hinges as he blasted through it, startling a resting Blaise laying his bed, reading one of the few books he took from the liabrary.

" Bloody hell Draco, please be careful, I already lost one door from Granger, I don't think Dumbledore would appreciate me having to request another one."

" What are you talking about Blaise? Granger ruined your door? What did you do to piss her off?"

" Absoluetly nothing..... this time. Her and Weasley found me and took me to the hospital when I was going through the fever. And Granger decided it would be a great idea to blast my door to pieces instead of using an unlocking charm. She's a brillant one, I'll give you that," Blaise joked, setting aside his book and sitting up straight, giving Draco more room to sit on the bed.

" Why didn't you tell me Blaise? How could you keep this secret from your best mate? Your a Veela?"

" Well I wasn't entirely sure, and when my mother suggested that it might be possible, I thought I would wait till my birthday and see if it was true. No sense in telling you a secret that wasn't going to happen. But what about you? You didn't exactly inform me on your Veela heritage either, you git. So don't go getting all self righteous on me mate. You've got some questions to answer yourself."

" I would have told you, if I had known. I was only recently informed about all this about a half hour ago." Draco said, taking a seat close to Blaise, " Have you learned anything interesting about all of this? And did you know that we could end up with a male mate? Is that true?"

" From what I have read so far Draco, yes that is true."

" Bugger!"

" I'm a little worried on that end. I mean, I know we said we wanted something new this year regarding relatonships, but Merlin! That's a bit too much."

" Well, I don't think I have anything to worry about mate, I think I already know who my mate is." Draco sighed, laying back, his feet dangling off the side of the bed. Blaise shot up out of bed and began shaking Draco.

" Who is it? You gotta tell me. Who is it? It's not Parkinson is it? Or Bullstrode? Please tell me it's not one of them."

" No Blaise, it's not them....it's...it's...Granger."

Blaise made a face and stepped back. " Ooookay, so where's your issue?"

Draco shot up and began pacing the room, tugging at his hair. " Are you kidding me Blaise? You don't see the problem? It's Granger, the ruddy know-it-all that's been the thorn in my side for the past 6 years, and you don't see the problem?"

" Well no actually. She's beautiful, smart, and a female. But how do you know she's your mate for sure?"

" When we were both in the hospital wing, I vaguely remember waking up from this incredible smell. It was coming from her. After that things get a little hazy, and the next thing I know, I wake up alone. She wasn't there and the smell was gone."

" Well have you discussed things with her yet? I'm thinking if she's going to be your mate, she might want to be told before you jump her."

" I think I'm going to do some reading up on this first before I do anything else. I want to know everything before I make any assumptions about Granger being my mate." Draco said, grabbing a few books and heading out the door. He closed the door and headed towards the livingroom, and planted himself in the middle of the couch, lit the fire and layed back opening up the first book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Madame Pomfrey, we're here to see how Blaise is doing, we haven't seen him all day." Ginny said walking into the hospital wing, Hermione right beside her.

" I'm sorry ladies, Professor Dumbledore has requested that I send you to him when you got here. He has the answers you seek." said Madame Pomfrey, walking away to asssit another student who had fallen ill due to an apparent Longbottom Herbology incedent.

" Wait, so you can't tell us how Blaise is?" asked Hermione, trying to piece together everything.

" I'm sorry ladies, my hands are tied. Please go see Professor Dumbledore, I'm extremely busy right now."

Ginny grabbed Hermione's hand and pulled her out of the hospital wing. They walked the corridors until they reached the Gargoyle statue.

" Lemon Drops" Hermione said and the Garoyle moved revealing the secret staircase. The girls hopped on as the stairs began to raise taking them towards Dumbledore's office. They reached the top and Ginny knocked on the door.

" Come in," came Dumbledore's reply. " Ahhh Ms. Granger, Ms. Weasley please have a seat. Cockroach cluster?" he offered them a piece of candy.

" No thank you" they both replied.

" Excuse me sir, but why have you asked to see us? We just wanted to know how Blaise was doing." asked Hermione, placing her hands in her lap and clasping them together.

" Yes, Mr. Zabini is fine Ms. Granger, he is in the Head dorms resting. Now, I heard there was a little mishap in potions yesterday. Would someone like to tell me what happened?" Dumbledore asked, rounding hisdesk and taking a seat. Hermione just started ringing her hands together. She was afraid that what had happened was going to give her a failing grade.

" I'm not sure sir, Malfoy and I followed the instructions carefully, used the proper ingredients, and even had Professor Snape inspect it before we took it. Next thing I remember a horrible pain shot through my stomach and I wake up in the hospital and Malfoy laying next to me in the bed." replied Hermione, face turning a slight shade of pink.

" Wait, he was in bed with you?" asked Ginny, her voice rasing a level.

" Ahh yes, so I was informed." said Dumbledore, leaning back in his chair.

" You knew?" asked Ginny, whipping her head around to stare at Dumbledore, mouth hanging open.

" Do you know what happened in potions sir? Has that ever happened before?" asked Hermione, ignoring Ginny, wanting to get some answers.

" WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS GOING ON HERE?" shouted Ginny, standing up, giving both Hermione and Dumbleore accusing glares. 

" Ginny please, not now."

" Ms. Weasley, please have a seat. I'll explain everything. Now about Mr. Zabini and Mr. Malfoy. It's quite a sensitive situation and on normal circumstances I would have perferred that they tell you themselves, but seeing as time is an issue, I'm going to have to be the one." he sighed as he stood from his chair and came to stand in front of Hermione and Ginny, leaning against his desk. He placed his hands in front of his body and clasped them together and looked each girl in the eye.

" Now as it would seem, Mr. Zabini and Mr. Malfoy are Veela's. They have a long line of Veela's in their families. What had happened to Mr. Zabini the night you found him, was the Veela blood in him maturing, which from what I've heard and seen is extremly painful. That is also what happened to Mr. Malfoy that day in potions." explained Dumbledore.

" Okay, so Blaise and Malfoy are Veela's? Well that sure explains a few things. I mean, Veela's are extremly attractive beings, and well, let's not lie here, those two are the most handsomest boys in this school." said Ginny, leaning back in her chair. She looked over at Hermione, who's face had blanched. She was wondering how she was taking all this in. Being a pureblood and living in the wizarding world all her life, Ginny had known about Veela's and even met a few when she was a little girl, but Hermione was muggleborn. She probably hadn't met any, except in 4th year when Hogwart's played host to Beaubaxton's for the Triwizard Tournament. Beaubaxton's was a school full of Veela females, but as far as Ginny knew, Hermione didn't make friends with any of them while they were here.

" So how does that explain what happened during potions yesterday sir? I'm afraid I don't understand." Hermione shook her head in frustration. ' Malfoy's a Veela? How did I not know?' she wondered.

" A Veela's blood matures when they reach the age of 18, and most commonly on their 18th birthday. They begin to experience some discomfort a few days before, stomach pains, headaches, muscle pains. Young Malfoy's birthday was yesterday, his 18th. Now I'm not a hundread percent sure, but the potion you were brewing was a slight variation of polyjuice am I correct?"

Ginny and Hermione nodded.

" That potion was supposed to allow a body switch for an entire 24 hours, unlike Polyjuice which only allows a few hours. Now assuming Mr. Malfoy's Veela blood was maturing at that precise moment, when you took the potion and were transforming into him, you took over some of the pain associated with the changing which explains the pain and fainting. Unfortunatly, due to the changing that was alread taking place, the blood over-powered the potion which resulted in it not working. There can't be more then one transformation happening in one body at one time." Dumbledore stated.

" Huh, well I'm now happy I was assigned to do an essay and Blaise wasn't there. But sir, you said time is an issue. What did you mean by that?" asked Ginny. She wasn't quite understanding all the information, but she knew Hermione would explain later.

All of a sudden Hermione jumped out of her seat. Her eyes widened as she began pacing in front of Dumbledore's desk. " Time's an issue because now that their mature, their searching for their mates." she spoke fast, her mind working in overdrive to remember everything she had read about Veela's.

" That's right Ms. Granger. I decided to inform the two of you, I felt you had the right to know that your sharing a dorm with two mature Veela's. Now you'll notice some slight difference to their appearence, maybe height or hair or eye color change. Maybe a little bigger in the body, but most importantly, a mature Veela can give off a high dose of pharamones, which attracts the opposite sex to them. They can control it, but it's difficult for a new Veela. They will be learning to control it, however finding their mates will be more important to them. I strongly suggest you two do some reading up on them, to help better understand what is happening."

This was just too much. It hadnt even been a full week and already Hermione had been sent to the hospital, found out her two male roommates were newly mature Veela's and worst of all, she may have failed her first class ever! 

" Now that everything has been put out in the open, is there anything else you wish to know?" Dumbledore asked, returning to his seat behind his desk.

" No sir, I think we've found out everything we needed to know. Thank you Headmaster. Come on Hermione, let's go." Ginny replied, grabbing Hermione's hand and pulling her towards the door.

" Wait, ummmm, Headmaster?" Hermione stopped, placing her hands on the door frame, stopping Ginny from pulling her out the door.

" Yes Ms. Granger?"

" Because the potion didn't work, does that mean that I failed the class?"

" Oh for Merlin's sake." Ginny said, pulling Hermione out the door and closing it, muffling Dumbledore's laughter. Honestly that girl really needed to sort out her priorities.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The entire Gryffindor common room as in full party mode, as most students were happy to be back to their original selves, and Seamus had finally figured out how to turn water into rum. Everyone was laughing and drinking, a couple of the lightweights had already passed out on the stairs and couches, and a few were making out in darkened corners. All except for Harry and Ron, who had decided to dive into a chess game while they waited for Ginny and Hermione.

" Not gonna lie Harry, I'm happy to be a male again." sighed Ron as he watched his Queen destroy Harry's knight.

Harry laughed, " It wasn't that bad Ron, it could have been worse."

" Wasn't that bad? Wasn't that bad? A man should never have to shave his legs Harry, it's just not natural."

" Boy, did we ever come into that conversation at the wrong time Hermione. I think I would die a happy woman if I never hear my brother talk about shaving his legs." laughed Ginny and Hermione, both doubled over and tears coming out the corners of their eyes.

" Oh bugger off Gin, you know perfectly well what I was talking about. Where were you guys, we went to find you after dinner." asked Ron, raising his hands in the air in victory. 

" We were with Dumbledore......Head and Prefect stuff, you know." shrugged Hermione. She didn't feel like explaining things to them, plus she didn't feel it was her place to anyways. 

" Well I'm gonna go get me a drink, you want one Hermione?" asked Ginny, looking around for the source of alcohol.

" I don't think so. Your not drinking." said Ron, grabbing her arm.

Ginny ripped her arm away, and glared at him. " Need I remind you Ronald, I'm 17 now?"

" All well and good, but your my younger sister, I won't have you getting drunk."

" I'm of legal age now, and your younger, LEGAL, sister is going to get herself a few drinks, possibly get sloshed and have herself a good time. If your not comfortable with that Ronald Billius Weasley, feel free to not hang around and watch." snorted Ginny, as she made her way towards the firewhiskey.

Hermione laughed as she watched the red rise from his throat to the top of his head. It had always amused the Gryffindors to watch the weekly exchange of humerous banter between the two youngest Weasley's. They would calmly argue, then Ron would say something to anger Ginny, and the end result would be Hermione undoing whatever jinx or hex Ginny had sent his way. A few times it was her infamous Bat Boogey Hex, and that stayed with a person for a few days. She shook her head as Ron followed her around the room, trying desperatly to take away Ginny's drink. She sighed and looked over at Harry, who was currently attached to Luna's side. They were laughing about something Ron had said earlier. She decided that it wouldn't hurt to get something to drink and forget about the days events. She made her way over to Seamus, who handed her a glass of firewhiskey. She took a glup and enjoyed it as the contents slid down her throat, burning all the way. She was finishing her drink when she heard Ron yelp and turned towards him and laughed. Another victim of Ginny's Bat Boogey Hex. She sighed, making her way over to him, ' when will he ever learn?' she wondered as she grabbed her wand and aimed it at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later, Draco still sat on the couch in the Head's common room, a few books sprawled out on the coffee table, while one laid in his lap. He had been doing a little reading on Veela's. After finally finding a passage that seemed to be what he was looking for, he leaned back and began to read, marking important bulletpoints.

 'Veela's are almost like humans except with interesting abilities and heightened senses. 

All of their senses are heightened. Such things like smell, Veela's are able to smell even the faintest of odurs. The sense of smell is what notifys the Veela of their mate. They hear even the softest murmurs of someone they are intent on listening to, even if they are far away. Viewing things at long distance isn't hard for a Veela either.

'A Veela's taste buds are more attuned. Veela's are prone to feeling sensitive to touch, especially from their mate.

When a Veela feels threatened, angry, possessive or aroused, their eyes turn into a dark colour. Generally consuming the entire eye.

The most important thing to a Veela though is their mate. A Veela usually finds their mate at a young age. When the Veela blood inside them matures, it is usually around or on their 18th birthday.. A Veela's mate is their perfect match; in other terms, it is their soul mate.

Veela's, after having become to full maturity, have generally 6 months to find and mark their mate. How this is done is still to this day unknown, as every Veela does so a different way. However, the marking ceremony is always the same. After the Veela has found their mate and had their mate except them, the Veela will then proceed with the marking, which most would deem highly sexual. During the sexual encounter, the Veela will grow 3-4 inch canines, (also referred to as fangs) and proceed to bite the mate where the Veela deems appropriate injecting some Veela vemon. The bite will soon fade away, leaving a hint of a scar behind formed into a design. Nearly invisable to the naked eye, other Veela's will be able to see it and be warned that this person is taken. The Veela vemon injected during the marking, is to make a connection between the Veela and their mate, allowing them to connect to their feelings, to better ensure their mate is happy. A Veela is only as happy as their mate is, which is why they go to great lengths to make sure that happens.

"Sounds like the Veela is a wuss than anything," Draco muttered but continued reading.

'When their mate is injured or ill, they become far more protective then normal, usually only letting other females and others the Veela deems safe come close. If their mate is threatened, a Veela is known to be irrational and angry and will do anything to keep their mate safe.

Veela's tend to live long lives. If the mate of a Veela dies, the Veela dies along with it of loneliness.

 Draco closed the book when he saw that there was nothing more but origin and history. He'd read about that later. He made his way back up to Blaise's room and quietly opened the door. He saw the boy sleeping peacefully and made his way to the side of the bed and began poking him in the arm.

" Blaise...Blaise...BLAISE"

With a short squeaky yelp, the poor boy not only jumped out of his skin, but literally out of bed, landing with a resounding THUD on the floor. Blaise popped his head up and glared at Draco. " Merlin Draco, some of us are trying to sleep at this ungodly hour. What do you want?" He yawned sleepily and crawled back into bed, making room for Draco to have a seat at the foot of it.

" How are you not worried over finding your mate? We have six months or we die and here you are taking a nap!"

" What are you worried about, you've already found yours, it's Granger remember? Now go throw a little woo at her and leave me to my nap," Blaise replied, digging himself further into his bed, happily comfortable and closed his eyes. He let out a shout as he was pulled from his bed and dragged downstairs by Draco, with surprising strength.

" No, you swot, look at this. If it's true and Granger is defiantly my mate, look at what I'll have to do. I'll have to mark her.....sexually!" he whispered, as if the walls had ears, thrusting the book he had currently been reading into Blaise's hands.

Blaise just laughed, " come on Draco, you've bedded far worse and in my personal opinion Granger's not the worst to shag in this school. In fact she makes the top ten in my books." He placed the book back down on the table.

A growl bubbled from the inside of Draco's throat upon hearing Blaise admit to wanting to sleep with Hermione. He was jealous of someone other then him thinking about her that way. His eyes began to darken and he trembled with anger. Blaise took a few steps back raising his hands up in surrender.

" Whoa mate, calm down. I didn't mean it like that. I was trying to explain that Hermione's a perfect mate for you. I meant no harm Draco. Please, just calm down."

Draco took a few deep, calming breaths and sighed, " Your my best friend Blaise, but your walking a thin line. I don't wish nor want to harm you in any way, but I don't ever want to hear you speaking about Granger like that again. Understood?"

" Of course. Never again, I promise. Wait, do you smell that?" Blaise asked, his head snapping up.

Both boys tilted their heads up high and began sniffing the air intently. They turned towards each other, their eyes fully consumed in black. They smiled at each other, and only one word was spoken between them.

" Mine!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hermione giggled as her and Ginny staggered back towards their dorm. Both a little tipsy, it had taken them a little longer to reach their intended destination. When either had taken a step forward, it resulted in one sideways and two back.

" I can't believe we drank so much. I'm glad we don't have classes tomorrow. I don't think I would be able to stand the hangover I'm doomed to have." Ginny laughed as she stumbled into a protrait along a wall, mumbling a quiet apology to it before attempting to regain her composure.

" I can't believe Seamus had gotten so drunk, he decided it would be a good idea to go streaking through the halls." giggled Hermione, remembering the incident, grabbing a hold of Ginny for support as they reached the portrait that concealed their dorm.

" That was funny, even more so when Neville had woken up from passing out on the stairs, and yelled ' he's after my lucky charms' and ran out after him. You know, I don't recall them ever coming back. You think something happened to them?"

" I reckon Neville passed out somewhere in his attempts to foil Seamus' scheme to take his lucky charms and Seamus is still probably wondering out there somewhere naked as the day he was born, lost." Hermione shook her head, ' some people's kids"' she thought to herself, ' 300 million sperm, and that's the one that got through? Speaks volumes for that gene pool'.

" I don't remember our password Mione, wasn't it something like grapes?"

" No no, it was candied farts, errr hearts, or something wasn't it?"

The wizard in the portrait crossed his arms over his chest and began tapping his foot angrily. He didn't want to be here all night, and these apparently drunken girls were far off in their guesses. But as luck would have it, a soft click was heard on the other side, and the portrait swung open, revealing both Malfoy and Blaise.

" See told ya, it was sparklers," stated Hermione as she made her way inside after Ginny, pushing past the boys and headed towards the couch. The boys had made their way around both girls, sniffing around them.

" What the bloody hell do you think your doing, Malfoy?" Hermione wondered as he began smelling her hair and neck, tickling her.

" Hee hee, it's like their dogs Mione.... woah watch those hands mister. Blaise, I said stop touching me. That's enough!" yelled Ginny standing up and moving away from Blaise.

" Malfoy, if you don't back off, I swear I will hex you." Hermione shouted and moved to stand beside Ginny. Both girls slowly started making their way to Hermione's room, which thankfully was the closest to the common room.

" What's wrong with them Hermione? What's up with their eyes?" asked Ginny, immediatly sobering up with terror. Hermione could only shake her head, she too was sobering up, but not fast enough to remember what she had read about Veela's.

The boys by now had rounded up in front of the girls, sniffing the air, and began to pant softly. They were mumbling to themselves, " Mine, only mine", and Hermione knew in an instant what was happening. She slowly reached for her wand and nudged Ginny to do so as well. She nodded slightly in the boys general direction, and suddenly both girls quickly raised their wands and shouted stupefy, hitting both boys directly in the chest sending them sprawling across the room. That was all they needed, as Hermione and Ginny turned and bolted through Hermione's bedroom door, slamming it shut. The girls began throwing up locking hexs, charms and jinxs against her bedroom door and the bathroom door she shared with Draco, as well as all her windows. Contented with their work, they both sighed and took a seat on Hermione's bed. A slight banging was heard, and Hermione threw up a silencing spell, laying back down afterwards.

" What the bloody hell was that Hermione? Did you see their eyes? They were totally black. Is that a Veela trait, or were they on something?" asked Ginny, staring wide eyed at the ceiling and laying on her back.

" Yes Gin, that is a Veela trait. If memory serves, usually tends to happen when the Veela is angry, threatened or ummm.....aroused." stuttered Hermione.

" Well what in Merlin's name got them so worked up they would act like that in the first place?"

" All I can think of is one of two things. One, they found their mates and we trespassed during so and they got angered. Or two, and I highly doubt this, one of us is their mate." replied Hermione, shuddering at the thought. Sure they were hot, but she never thought of mating with them.

" Well that ruined my buzz, and being pissed off has officially tired me out." said Ginny, crawling up beside Hermione and getting under the covers. Hermione pulled the covers up to her chin and turned over on her side. She reached for her wand and threw up a warding spell which would make a terrible loud ringing noise should someone step foot in her room without her consent. She reached over and turned off the light, making a decision to have a chat with Malfoy about what had occured. Yet she couldn't make the butterflies stop fluttering around her stomach at the thought of Malfoy being so close to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys sorry its a late update but hey at least i did update :)

Please Vote, Comment, and Fan it would mean so much to me if you did :)