Anatomy Troubles

" Merlin Ron, could you at least swallow first before you try shoveling more food into your mouth?" asked Hermione, wrinkling her nose in disgust as she pushed her plate away from her, unable to eat anymore due to the disgusting show Ron was displaying.

" There's only so much time before classes Herms, I want to make sure I make it to lunch without starving!"

" Who's ready for an invigorating class of potions with Snape?" Harry asked, his head down on the table, attempting to wake up. It had been a long night in the boys dorm.

" I'm so excited I could pee!" Hermione replied, standing up and gathering her books. " Come on guys, we have 10 minutes to get to the dungeons and I don't want to be late the first day."

" You never want to be late Mione, the world would cease to exist if Hermione Granger were a few minutes late for one class." Harry laughed, blocking the roll Hermione threw his way. " Alright, alright, I surrender. Let's go make sure the princess is on time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The dungeons were the same dark, dank, creepy hallways they had always been. Hermione was glad she had Harry, Ron, and Ginny there. She had always been a little afraid to walk them alone, but she wouldn't tell anyone that. The boys walked a little ahead, chatting away about Quidditch, as usual and Ginny lingered behind beside Hermione.

" Have you heard anything about Blaise yet? Do we know what's wrong with him or what had happened? Anything at all?" asked Ginny, her voice dropping so the boys wouldn't hear.

" No, nothing yet. I was thinking about going to check up on him during lunch, but I don't know Gin. We're not even friends, do you think it would be weird?"

" I wouldn't think so, but then again, I'm a Gryffindor. Kindness and affection aren't lost on me unlike certain cold blooded Slytherins." joked Ginny. " Well, here we go. Wanna sit together?"

" Sure, the boys can do fine enough on their own"

" We are talking about the same boys right, Harry and Ron?"

Ginny opened the door to the potions classroom and wandered in, grabbing a seat at an empty desk three from the front. Hermione sat beside her, already placing her books, ink and quill out in front of her. The classroom started to fill up with students, and Hermione looked around finding her eyes locked on with the beautiful silver ones of Malfoy. Her breath caught in her throat and she whipped her head forward as the classroom door banged open and Professor Snape stormed in.

" You will be paired up in groups of two for the day," the class started to look around making pairs.

" One male, one female," the class sighed and began making new partners.

" From different houses!" the class groaned.

" And I will be making the partners. So when I call your name, grab your things and proceed to sit with your partner. Potter/Patil, Weasley male/Parkinson, Malfoy/Granger," he continued on with the partnerships till he reached Ginny, " Miss Weasley, you are to be partnered with Mr. Zabini, but since he is in the hospital you shall be writing a 2 foot parchment about the current potion we are about to brew, and discuss the pros and cons of the uses. Now begin!"

The students began making their way to reluctantly sit beside their partners. The only one who seemed to be happy about it was Harry. Hermione looked over at Ginny who was frowning about having to write the essay. Hermione grabbed her hand and whispered,

" If I could trade you spots right now, I would in a heartbeat. Just be happy you don't have to work with Malfoy." as she grabbed her books and walked over beside Malfoy. She watched Snape as he wrote the instructions and page number on the chalkboard.

" I expect this to be finished by the end of the day. And be prepared, you will be testing the potion yourselves at the end of the class. Your overall grade will be determined on how well your potion worked. Begin."

' He has to be kidding. He expects me to brew a slightly different version of Polyjuice Potion with Malfoy, then test it as well? He defiantly has earned himself an extended stay on the funny farm, thats for sure!' she thought as she began gathering the ingredients for the potion, while Malfoy remained seated at the desk. She walked back, sorted out the ingredients in the steps they were used in and began adding water to the cauldron.

" Malfoy, are you going to help or not? Cause I'm not doing this all by myself while you get the credit!"

He grabbed his wand, flicked it towards the cauldron, igniting a flame underneath it. " There, happy Granger?"

" Malfoy, I'm just as excited about this project as you are, but the least you could do is help a little."

" I did Granger, or didn't you notice the fire? And you should be excited Granger, you get to spend an entire day in the body of a handsome pureblood male, it's me who should be worried. I'm going to be wearing makeup, skirts, and I'm going to have to pee sitting down! Peeing sitting down and skirts. It's just not natural!" he moaned and grabbed a few of the ingredients. Hermione just chuckled. The image of Malfoy in a skirt attempting to figure out the mechanics of going to the washroom female style was too much.

" It's not so bad Malfoy, you might enjoy it!"

Malfoy snorted. " I highly doubt that Granger!"

" So before we start Malfoy, is there abnormalities I should know about? You know, due to years of imbreeding in Pureblood families, should I be expecting an extra limb under your robes? Mental issues?" Hermione laughed. She was trying to make light of the situation they were in, but from the look on Malfoy's face, he didn't find it funny.

" You know Granger, you should be thrilled becoming a pureblood for a day. So you'll know what it's like to be better then those tainted with dirty blood like yourself. So you'll know what it's like to be a true wizard." he replied, his face going a slight red from anger. He threw in his ingredients and and began stirring the pot, checking for the proper color to come.

Hermione was shocked. She couldn't believe he had gotten so angry when she had only been making a joke. She shook her head, trying to figure out where she had went wrong in trying to make Malfoy laugh. Maybe he was just having an off day, maybe he wasn't happy about the potion Snape had assigned. Or maybe he just plain horrible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour later, the potion was finished and Malfoy was scooping some up and putting it into three vials. One for herself and him, and one for Snape to review. He still hadn't spoken a word to her and it was starting to get on Hermione's nerves. She had never in her life met someone so stubborn and could hold a grudge like Malfoy. She decided to remedy the situation.

" Look Maloy, about what I said, I didn't mean to make you upset. I was only trying to make a joke. So I'm sorry."

" Save your apologies Granger, it doesn't matter anymore. Let's just hand Snape the potion, get this over with." Malfoy handed her one of the vials and went to deliver one to Snape. He shook his head, surprised that the brave Gryffindor had swallowed her pride and apologized. He didn't need it, he knew he was wrong. He had gotten angry over nothing. If anything he should have been the one to apologize.

' Like that would ever happen' he thought. He was a Slytherin for Merlin's sake.

He returned and looked at Hermione. She was staring at her vial intently, her eyes sparkling with the excitement of the newfound knowledge she was about to gain during this experiment. He sighed.

" Ever the know-it-all," he whispered.

" Pardon?"

" Nothing, you ready Granger?"

" As ready as I'll ever be I suppose. Bottoms up!" she exclaimed, her nose crinkling up as she uncorked her vial and took a sniff.

" Cheers Granger, " Malfoy raised his vail and clinked it against Hermione's before emptying the contents into his mouth, watching Hermione do the same. They both swallowed and stared at one another, waiting for any signs of change to occur.

After a few minutes of nothing, Hermione raised her hand to signal Snape. He came over to their table, an unpleasant expression on his face.

" What seems to be the trouble here?"

" Well sir, Malfoy and I both took the potion and nothing seems to be happening." Hermione said, saddened that she was going to fail for the first time ever.

Suddenly, both Malfoy and Hermione slammed into their table, knocking over their cauldron, and making vials come crashing to the ground, shattering into tiny pieces. Malfoy had curled into a ball, clutching his stomach and screaming in pain. Hermione's face had gone a dark shade of red, and she was convulsing in painful jerks. Harry and Ron, now Pavarti and Pansy, ran over and crouched beside Hermione.

" What happened Professor? Is she going to be alright?" squeaked out Harry/Pavarti.

" Potter, you and Mr. Weasley take Ms. Granger and Mr. Malfoy to the hospital wing immediatly." Snape replied, holding open the door to the potions room, allowing Harry/Pavarti and Ron/Pansy to carry out the limp forms of Hermione and Malfoy out of the classroom. He dismissed the class and made his way towards Dumbledore's quaters, before turning around to face Harry and Ron.

" And ten points from Gryffindor for being out of your seats!" he looked at Ron and Harry's shocked expressions, and sneered,

" EACH!" He turned and walked away, needing answers from the one man who could give them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry/Pavarti and Ron/Pansy rushed to the hospital wing, bursting through the doors. Madame Pomfrey jolted up from her desk where she was sitting reading her steamy romance novel and wishing she could meet a man like the leading man Magnus someday.

" What's going on here? What happened?" She asked angrily, Magnus slipping from her mind.

As Harry went into the story of the potions mishap, Ron had laid Hermione on one of the hospital beds and then went to drop Malfoy on another one.

" We dont know what caused it, Madame Pomfrey. We're thinking maybe the potion!" exclaimed Ron/Pansy.

" Well it would appear so Mr. Weasley, I have yet to hear of students ending up in excruiating pain from nothing, so if you and Mr.Potter don't mind, I have to tend to my students!" She shooed the boys out, and closed the white curtains around Malfoy and Hermione.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Malfoy groaned and rolled over on his side. He cracked an eye open and looked around.

' How the bloody hell did I end up in the hospital? Wasn't I in Potions?'

He sat up in the hospital bed and streched his sore muscles. He sighed a deep sigh and his eyes shot wide open.

' What is that amazing smell? Where is it coming from?'

He starting sniffing the room, looking around for the source of the smell. All he could see was two other students asleep in their beds, apparent victims of a Transfuguration class gone wrong. One had wings and the other a beak! He didn't see any food near by and turned to his left. There laying in the bed right next to him, snoring softly from the sleeping draught adminstered by Madame Pomfrey, was Granger. He leaned closer and nearly fell off the bed. The smell was coming from her! He walked to the edge of her bed and leaned down. He breathed her smell in deep and something snapped inside of him. He suddenly needed to be close to her, beside her, inside her! He wasn't aware of what he was doing as he crawled in bed next to her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and buried his head in the crook of her neck. With one last smell, he closed his eyes and said a silent goodbye to his sanity and fell asleep next to Hermione Granger!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She was warm, she was comfy, she was laying next to someone cuddled up in their arms? She bolted awake, jumping out of bed. She looked at herself, noticing she was still in her own body, and looked at her bedmate!

' How did I end up in bed with Malfoy, and in the hospital of all places?'

Hermione tried to piece together the facts, but her mind could only remember a sudden strong pain in her stomach, and then blackness. She looked at Malfoy, asleep in the bed, his hair a little ruffled up. He looked like an angel when he slept, and she allowed herself a few minutes of watching before grabbing her wand and rushing towards the Gryffindor tower. Maybe Ron and Harry would have some answers to what had happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Harry..Harry.....HARRY WAKE UP! Meet me in the common room in ten minutes and bring Ron!"

Harry and Ron both yawned as they took a seat on the couch in front of a pacing Hermione. They watched her pace a hole in the floor before Harry finally spoke up and asked what she wanted at this ungodly hour.

" What happened to me in Potions class? I remember making the potion, taking the potion, then pain, but after that...nothing. It's a total blank!" she cried, continuing to pace.

" You just collasped Mione! You and Malfoy both, and started screaming in pain. Ron and I took you guys to the hospital," Harry answered, yawning again.

" Yeah right after Snape took points off for Harry and me leaving our seats to see what was going on," huffed Ron, crossing his arms and placing one leg over top of the other, kicking it furiously. Hermione stiffled a giggle. At least she had found out how she managed to get to the hospital.

' But how did Malfoy get in bed with me?' she thought about asking Harry and Ron, but she didn't want to ruffle more feathers. She would just ask Malfoy in the morning.

" So, how do you guys like being female for a day?" she laughed as she took a seat between her boys, well girls for the moment.

" Merlin Hermione, how do you girls wear these blasted things?" asked Harry

" Skirts?" Hermione offered the word to Harry.

" Yeah skirts, I keep forgetting that when wearing them, I have to keep my legs crossed all the time, and you girls get breezes in places you shouldn't be, and I nearly broke my ankle walking in these heels." Harry replied, sighing in frustrtion.

" And I cried three times, Herms, three times! For no apparent reason, well Lavender did say something that hurt my feelings, but it shouldn't have. She just said my hair was messy, and I just started bawling in the middle of the Great Hall." Ron exclaimed, standing up and waving his arms frantically in the air.

Hermione laughed as she stood up, walking towards the portait, " well guys,er girls, I should be going to bed. I've had a long day and I'm tired. I'll see you later."

As she opened the portrait door, she heard Harry clear his throat. She turned back around and was engulfed in a bone crunching hug. She pulled away and stared at Harry, a weird expression on her face.

" Sorry Mione, we've just been craving hugs all day. Is that a girl thing?" he asked, his face burning with embarrassment.

She only laughed as she walked out of the protrait, heading toward the Head dorms.

Harry sighed as he closed the protrait. He felt Ron tapping his shoulder and turned around.

" Umm, do you think I could have a hug Mate? She didn't hug me when she left." asked Ron, sniffling and holding back more tears.

Harry sighed and wished unnatural death upon Snape.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys so here is the new chapter i hope you like it. also i might update later tonight or towmorrow 

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN