There Goes The Business

Black Hat went down the hallway to his office, his glare fixated coldly and blankly on the ground. A lot was spinning through his mind.

His business, which he had built up with his own two hands, genius, and good looks, was in danger of bankruptcy. It seemed like with every passing second, his sales would decrease a large amount.

A deadly amount.

Once he had entered his office, he went straight to his desk and sat down, filing through some paperwork strewn across his desk. He huffed and swept his hand across the top of a small stack of papers, scanning them with sharp eyes.

The creation of a certain device a few months back caused the panic. Flug insisted that it would be a worthy investment.....
Not even doctors are right all the time.

"....Damn, I knew that clone device was a bad idea....!"

*3 months earlier*

"Flug, that's a GENIUS idea!!!" Black Hat laughed triumphantly. "A cloning device! Why did I think of that sooner?" He smirked, puffing out his chest.

"U-um, sir, I-"

"FLUG!" he hissed. "What did I say about interrupting my brag rants?!"

"R-right.....sorry..."

"Its alright.... just this once, but only because I'm so excited about this new pitch!"

"Uh, w-well...." Flug adjusted his goggles nervously. "There is just one teeeeensy setback...."

He froze, and slowly turned to face Flug. "And what would that be?...." Black Hat's devious grin turned into a suspicious frown.

"....th-the bill.....it'll cost a-at least..." he leaned over and whispered into BH's ear. Black Hat's jaw almost hit the floor.

"You're fooling me, Flug."

Flug squeaked.
"N-n-no, sir...."

Black Hat snarled. "Hmm....well. This is quite a cucumber..."

"....a what?"

"You know.... one of your weird human sayings.... it means 'a tough predicament' or something.... I'm just as weirded out as you are, Flug," he grumbled.

Flug blinked in confusion. He decided to let his boss figure out the saying himself. He didnt want to risk getting kicked outside for the night. Or worse. Being forced to stay with Dementia. Flug shuddered at the thought of the cruel punishment.

"U-uh, well, I can assure you, s-sir, that this investment w-will be well spent!"

Black Hat pondered this. "....well.... if it becomes a big hit with the clientele....." his eyes widened, and a grin spread across his face.

"We'll. Be. RICH!" Black Hat laughed cunningly. "Go through with it, Flug! Spend every penny we need!" He cackled devilishly and rubbed his hands together in a scheming manner. "I'll soon control the business world with this revolutionary device... just like how my inner demons reign supreme over my tiny soul....HAH! THIS CANT POSSIBLY FAIL!"

*Present*

It failed.
Miserably.
Because now, they were on the verge of bankruptcy.

The machine did, indeed, fly off the shelves, but an incident to where a customer was warped into a wormhole and never seen again risked him and his company getting sued.

How did they prevent it?
Let's just say it involved a blowtorch, some rabid raccoons, and a bendy straw.
It's best not to question BH's methods.