Shower

Flug was angry.
Even a hot shower didn't calm him down. Which, was rare, for him especially.

Showers were the one time when he didn't wear his bag. So, it was like a sanctuary, being able to have his scarred face exposed without eyes locked on him. The shower was a place where nobody could bother him, or annoy him.

Or smash his beloved inventions.

He was so focused on the previous enraging events that he didn't notice that he had squeezed half of the bottle of shampoo into his opposing hand, and it was running off his hand wastefully and into the floor, then down the drain.

Flug sighed loudly in annoyance, but stopped himself halfway, taking a deep breath.

He needed to calm down. He didn't like being angry. It made him feel ashamed. Especially when...

Oh no.

Dementia.

He facepalmed. Damn, he was so stupid to yell at her like he did. She was probably on the ground somewhere, crying by herself.

He knew the feeling.

He used the small bit of shampoo in his hand to lather bubbles in his hair.

The only thing that Flug liked about his face was his hair.

It was a platinum blonde, and made of lots of soft curls. It was convenient for working in the lab, it didn't hang over his eyes.
And plus, a girl once told him his hair was cute.

But that was in the 6th grade.

And before his scars.

He touched a finger to his cheek. He felt the charred stripe of a scar running from his chin to the side of his nose. He sighed and looked down at the water going down the drain for a moment, then turned the water off. He stepped out, dried off, and put on a white robe.

He stopped at the mirror and glanced at his reflection.

His stomach twisted into knots. He had never really stopped to look in the mirror for a while, he was always too busy.

But he had never noticed how bad his scars were until then.

He felt ugly. Like a monster.

He stared dully for a few minutes, then forced himself to tear away from own his painstaking reflection. Flug opened the door and took one step, then hit a wall.

That's weird, he didnt remember a wall being right outside the bathroom.

But it wasn't a wall. It was his boss.

Black Hat glared daggers down at Flug, his arms crossed.

"Doctor."

".....s-sir."

The two held eye contact in an awkward silence for a moment.

"....how was the shower, doctor?" Black Hat muttered.

"...uh...it w-was.....n-nice, I guess." Flug muttered.

"Good." Black Hat's eyes narrowed.

More silence.

"...d-did you need something, Jefecito?...."

Black Hat smirked. But it was a dead, cold smirk.

"Ah, yes. I would like to know..." his smirk turned into a snarl, and he whipped out the broken device, "...how THIS happened."

Flug gulped.

He'd done been found out.