Sleepdeprived

As you were leading the stranger that you barely knew up the stairs to your home you were scolding yourself in your head. You felt like you always said the wrong thing ending up in awkward situations and you hadn't even started to mention that hearing his voice in your head was only the last of the insanities that had been happening lately considering that you had anticipated what you hesitantly called 'visions' of him before. Seeing him in your head and then meeting him. This could not be a coincidence. It was too crazy.

You reached the top of the stairs busying yourself with the keys. You had high hopes that your roommates were both out as Delilah spent a lot of time at her boyfriends' apartment and Sunny liked taking nightly walks through the city. Having them see you with a guy in the middle of the night would really be the last thing you needed right now.
To your utter relief there was no sign of your roomies when you entered the apartment, however, you noticed happily that they had to have stopped by during the day as someone had finally done his duty of going shopping which lead to the nice circumstance of you actually being able to offer Agust the coffee you had promised him.
"Do you live here alone?", he asked quietly.
"No I don't", you replied. "But you don't have to be quiet. My roommates are both out and also your voice is only in my head. Even if you'd be shouting they would not hear."
You immediately felt bad after making that comment that had sounded quite funny actually before you had said it out loud.
However, he didn't seem to mind which left you feeling relieved again.

"Take a seat, please", you invited him gesturing to the near sofa in the livingroom area of the big room that also contained your kitchen. He followed your instructions commentlessly and let you work in silence until you finished the coffee and plopped down next to him on the couch after placing the hot beverage on the table in front of him.

He was reaching out for his cup when you startled him by exclaiming: "Oh I'm so rude, I totally forgot to ask.. Do you need anything else? Milk? Sugar?"

"No, thanks. I like my coffee black.", you smiled realizing that you had that in common.

It was getting quite late. Your conversation had effortlesly jumped from one topic to the other. As you kept talking you caught yourself again and again as your gaze shifted from his eyes downwards to observe his lips in their fascinating lack of movement. You still could not believe how it was possible that you could hear his voice while his mouth did not move a millimetre to produce any sound. You kept staring at his lips as if you could make them tell you their secret. You didn't even listen to what he was saying you just kept looking at this beautiful pair of lips. You also didn't notice when he stopped talking. You kept looking at his lips only noticing the change in atmosphere when they were suddenly moving due to him leaning in bringing his face closer to yours. Your gaze flickered from his lips finally back up to his eyes. When you felt his breath on your face you realized how close he actually was and you made a little jump back. You stared at him, unable to say anything.

"I.. i.. sorry.. i think i should go.", he stuttered getting up and making his way to the door. As it shut behind him you were still sitting at the spot on the couch, not moving.

What. did. just. happen?