Ch. 34 All Your Fault

Here's Chapter 34! Hope you all like it. :)

Ch. 34

All Your Fault

“Finally!” Scooter muttered as Allie and Justin boarded the small plane. “I was wondering if you’d get on the plane before I turned sixty.”

“Oh, shut up.” Justin said, grinning. 

The jet was, to say the least, extremely nice. There were two sections to it; the back contained several rows of squashy armchairs, each with its own mini flatscreen TV. A curtain separated the back from the front, where they were now standing. A large couch and a few smaller armchairs were arranged neatly next to what appeared to be a mini bar.

“Hey Scooter.” Allie called.

“Hey Allie.” He replied.

“Where’s Kenny?” Justin asked, looking around questioningly.

“Right here.” Came Kenny’s voice as he boarded the plane behind them.

Allie and Justin turned around to face him and waved.

“All of your stuff is already packed into the cargo compartment down below.” Kenny stated.

“Cool.” Justin replied.

“And here’s the deal:” Scooter began. “We’re staying in a private house on Maui, in a very well-protected neighborhood and resort area, so hopefully you two won’t have any run-ins with paparazzi or anything. However, this means that you’re gonna have to stay in pretty much that area the entire time. Unless you want to risk any more exposure, you can’t really go outside of where we’ll be.”

Allie and Justin nodded.

“That’s fine.” Allie replied.

“Well, we’ll be taking off at any minute, so we should all probably sit down.” Kenny commented.

The other three nodded.

A long, slightly awkward silence followed as Allie and Justin stared at Kenny and Scooter.

Justin cleared his throat.

“Oh. Right.” Kenny said quickly, getting the hint. “Come on, bro.” He said, grabbing ahold of Scooter’s collar and pulling him through the curtain into the second part of the plane, leaving Allie and Justin alone.

Allie turned to face Justin, grinning. “That didn’t take much.”

“Nope.” Justin replied, smiling back.

“Alright, time for me to give you your gifts.” Allie stated once they were seated on the couch. A small pile of boxes wrapped in colorful paper was perched next to her.