perderte otra vez

"we were called into the conference room" i tell my two teammates. they nod rapidly, shoving the last of their sandwiches in their mouth. "you could've finished your lunch" i add with a laugh. 

"don't want to piss off the queen" mariza replies. they're both standing at my side now as we walk to the conference room. i knock twice before entering. there's six bodies in the room. five of which are unfamiliar. 

"right on team" our supervisor says, adding a clap at the end. "these are the artists you will be working with. since they're a group two of you will be assigned two of them while one of you will work with just one. you'll gather their ideas and interests separately and have to work together to create those ideas into one. got it?" 

all three of us nod. "good. you," she points to me. i take a step closer to her, "yes?" she hums, "i like you. you'll be working with joel." 

i look to my left and smile. "hi joel, i'm ariana." he jumps up from his seat and walks over to me quickly. he holds out his hand, "nice to meet you." 

from joel: i let myself out 

i sigh while rubbing my eyes. i had just woken up and was scrolling through my phone as i always do. 

to joel: okay 

he responds a few seconds after i hit send

from joel: i didn't say anything too bad, right? 

to joel: hmm maybe 

from joel: wait really? 

to joel: drunk you made me swear my secrecy 

from joel: please tell me 

to joel: nope :) 

i laugh hysterically to myself. none of this happened, but that doesn't mean i can't get back at him for crashing here. 

from joel: you are evil woman 

to joel: mala mujer ;) 

from joel: good song haha 

from joel: .. you're acting different though 

was i? i hadn't noticed. i guess after he confessed his feeling last night i feel happier. but that still doesn't change what else he told me. he can't be with me because "she" broke him. 

to joel: am not 

from joel: yes you are

to joel: fine maybe i am. although i was very annoyed with drunk you last night.. tell him to come around more often 

from joel: and why is that? 

to joel: because he's kinder and more honest 

from joel: ... i'm sorry 

to joel: don't be

to joel: but we've got a lot to talk about buddy 

from joel: i've got to go. i'll talk to you later 

to joel: you mean in the middle of the night 

from joel: don't attack me  

from joel: ttyl sugar plum 

sugar plum? does he remember more than he's letting on?