23.

"I feel like i am in those Global TV shows," Andre says looking through his binoculars.

"As a detective or a criminal?" I ask and stare outside.

"Both." He turns to face me.

"What dirt did you find on Mr. Marcelo?" I ask.

"None, just imagine. He is a Clean Slate, no criminal record not even for drunk driving or a parking ticket."

"Too good to be true." I turn again to stare outside.

I can feel his stare as I gaze at the Emerson Hotel. A large banner is suspended above it written; Varsity Congress and workshop. It is going to be a one-week workshop and I wonder if this is one of the reasons Mr. Marcelo wanted us to meet here.

"What do you think he's going to ask me to steal?" I ask Andre.

"I don't know but money is what I would bid on."

I look down at my attire, the short, tight dress. It isn't the kind one would wear to go on heist but a seduction mission.

"I doubt that," I answer.

"Enough with the worry, I will be here listening" He points at his headphones. "Just do as we have agreed on until you get enough information, if he attempts to get physical I will be there in a flash."

"What if he shows up with a gang to rob the Hotel."

"That's why we came here early. We assess the situation before going in."

He's right.

Andre and I have been friends since childhood. He is the only one I can trust. For all those years he has been my secret keeper and helper.

A new number flashes on my phone and I tremble. This is time I dreaded. I answer it.

'Meet me at the lobby!" Mr. Marcelo orders and ends the call.

"You will be fine cause I will be here," Andre promises as I step out of the car.

I inhale and exhale slowly and repeatedly. I finally master the strength to walk into the hotel. True to his word he is seated in the lobby reading a travel magazine.

I finally breathe when I realize he's alone. He lifts his head above the magazine and breaks into a wicked smile. He stands up, I note it is the first time am seeing him in casual clothes. He is wearing a black hoodie matched with cargo pants and converse. He looks good but for what he's making me do. I find him repulsive.

"You made the right choice." He whispers to me once I get to his position.

I scoff.

He ignores me and takes my hand and places a key card on my palm.

"Meet me in a few minutes." He says and walks away.

This is not how I thought things would go down. Once he is out of sight and start following him but not before someone calls out my name.

I turn to find Courtney Emerson standing behind me, on her hand she is holding a tablet. Her eyes are analyzing me like a case study.

"What are you doing here?" I ask trying to cover my nervousness. I hope she didn't see Mr. Marcelo and me.

"I own the hotel."

"Of course. Nice to see you. I will be on my way." I say and don't wait for her reply as I rush towards the direction Mr. Marcelo disappeared to.

I look down at the keycard, room number 12. Am on the right-wing. The room isn't hard to find, I slide the card, and the door to doom opens. I find him seated on the bed talking on his phone in a hushed tone.