2

Quinn's pov

I get into my car and sit clutching the steering wheel firmly. I am angry.

I recall how badly I have treated Cara. I can't help but direct some anger towards her. Why does everything have to be this damn hard? Why did she have to complicate it the first night we met? I hate everything about it.

I watch her from my jeep, she stands outside the clinic. I don't know what she's waiting for or who? Her phone rings and she starts to talk, she laughs, it is an intoxicating one, so genuine.

I knew this day must come the day all the madness and the booty calls will end. It has been four years of nothing but pleasure after pleasure. Now I must end it. I must say goodbye and forget it.

A cab arrives and she boards it. My phone rings. It is Becky, some girl I fucked during my self-discovery Europe tour. She moved to the states for work, she has been pestering me about catching up and we all know what that means.

I sent her a quick text that I will be there.

I might as well get back on the sleeping around life, I intend to terminate the booty call agreement.

I bring my engine to life.

Once she is out of sight, I drive the opposite direction. My phone buzzes, it is a text from my father.

Dad: You need to talk with Courtney.

I switch it off. I have no room for 'Courtney's thoughts' She is great, a best friend I have had for years but....

I drive towards the address Becky gave me. I am more surprised when the address leads me to the Emerson Hotel. I step out of my jeep, I brush my hand on my forehead wiping off the sweat. I stand for a while under the scorching sun contemplating what I am about to do. I am not a kid I am aware of what will ensue once I walk inside that hotel and what I can potentially complicate if unfortunately, I cross paths with Courtney Emerson.

I make my decision and hand over my keys to the valet.

The only sure way to fully end the Booty Call is to breach it, if I sleep with Becky then I will have violated a clause in it, thus leading to its termination.

I hastily march towards the room number provided by Becky. Most of the employees here know me. Most stop me to enquire if they can grace me with their services or if I am here to see Courtney of Mr. Emerson. I want none of the two to know of my presence in the Hotel. My father has been trying to push Courtney and me together for an alliance of the two families.

I am lucky to get to Becky's room after all of the frustrating interruptions. She opens the door after my knock. She looks as good as I remember, she is curvy with a kind babyface that hosts a smile one can get lost in.

I am caught off guard when she jumps on me. Her weight and my unpreparedness push both of us backwards, the doorframe luckily saves us from a fall.

"You came." It is more of an accusation.

"I am a man of my word," I confess.

"And that is what makes you great." She charms me with her small smile.

I swim in that compliment, it has been a while since I had a positive affirmation.

I help myself on her bed as I sip in her being. For those years she truly has grown into her womanhood.

"like what you see?" she attempts to flirt.

"I do. " I admit.

She starts to take off her jacket and I start to have a second thought.

"So what have you been up to?" she asks.

"Trying to build more empires," I say bored.

"The problems only the rich create since they don't have any." She replies.

"Are you not from a royal lineage?" If I remember correctly she is the daughter of a duke.

"That's why I am trying to break away and stand on my own." she leans her head sideways and smiles.

I watch her hang her coat before she adds, "Enough with the chit chat, we both know why we are here." She Is direct.

Do I want to do this?

I have to do this, I remind myself

She starts to walk towards me and the air between us becomes dense. We had intense chemistry back then. We spend most of our times naked in bed. Only one girl has been able to beat that sexual chemistry, Cara. I breathe in and out as she takes calculated steps filled with striptease each step a piece of her clothes comes out and I feel my body starting to get excited and I throw all caution to the wind when she is finally on my feet. I pull her closer, I smell her perfume as I feel the warmth of her body pressed closer to mine, it is surreal. I remember how it felt like at the airport saying goodbye to her, I felt like the world had disappeared beneath me. And up to date, I have asked myself was it passion fueled by sexual desire or there was more that we never gave time to mature. Cara filled that thought when I returned, I didn't want to dig deep into it as I was afraid of what I was to find. I have been burned before, once bitten twice shy.

I pull away when I see she is about to kiss me. This is idiocy, I want to my booty call to end yet I want to get entangled in another again. It is like jumping from the pan into the fire.

I step away from her, confusion plasters her face.

"I can't do this," I step back and try to explain. "I was wrong to come here."

She shakes her head and now her face wears a different look, "You are in love with someone else, aren't you?" she finally speaks.

I shake my head distasteful, the accusation is obnoxious, "not at all but I am sleeping with someone else." I attempt to clarify.

"You like her?" She asks.

"I find her tolerable," I say.

"How can you sleep with someone and not like them?" She is surprised.

"The two are neither related nor co-dependent." I am honest.

Her face gets a shade darker, she is angry. "Get the fuck out of my room." She tries to push me.

I can't stand man handling regardless of the gender that practices it. "Don't ever do that with me." I cautiously warn her.

"Get out." She opens the door.

I breathe in relief once I am out.

"Asshole." she bangs the door behind me.

I barely get to finish breathing before I hear my name being called out. I turn to see Courtney walking towards me.

"What are you doing here?" She is pleased to see me.

"I was looking for you." I swiftly lie.

She smiles, "what a coincidence I was about to call you. Your father told me you had something you needed to discuss with me?" she asks.

Damn him!

"There is back to school party, which Ryan will be deejaying we can talk over there," I suggest.

I just hope she will get drunk and not want to discuss anything until I find a solution.