-S

Read me, it said on one side in scraggly handwriting. 

Liam-

It's urgent 

781-629-3776

-S

        Grabbing my flip phone- I know, I really need an upgrade- I look at the number and I scroll through my contacts on my phone. I must have checked my contacts at least three or four times. Nothing. I have no clue who this is. Two questions are bouncing back and forth in my head. How do they know my name? Who's S? 

This is not what I expect to find on a day like this. 

        Suddenly dizzy, I find my way to the couch and I go back and trace my steps from today. I woke up around 10 this morning. Next I went to the cemetery. Then I saw Maddie's parents at the cemetery. I drove back home and now I'm here. Surely this can't be a coincidence. As to figure out who this mysterious S is, the only people I have been I contact with are today the Meyers'. Mr. Meyer's first name is Xavier, so it couldn't be him. Mrs. Meyer's first name, however is Samantha. I doubt it's her but, it never hurts to try.

        I called the number, expecting it to be Samantha, figuring she may have gotten a new phone. But that wasn't exactly the case either. 

After about 5 minutes of annoying ringing, I was about to hang up when I heard a muffling noise on the other line.

"H-hello?" I awkwardly asked. 

Silence. 

"Hello??" I growled impatiently. I hate when people can't hear me on the other line. Repeating things 5 times to start a conversation is one of my biggest pet peeves, ever. It drives me up a wall. 

"I know what happened to her." It was a deep voice, too deep to be a woman's. It was definitely not Samantha. The voice, however, almost sounded fake. Like one of those voices you see in those cheesy criminal movies from the 1990's.

"Who are you?" 

Silence lingered between us, and I heard nothing for a minute.

The voice hung up.

From what I know, someone knew I was coming to see Maddie, but I don't know if that someone liked it. The person has to be a stalker or pedophile. I can't think of anything else that would make the call so mysterious, and the lack of name on the note. Why is it always me that this stuff happens to? 

I tried to think of what to do now and I decided to go down to the police station tomorrow in Los Angeles to see if they can track the number. Hopefully they won't get too involved. If they don't find out who it is, I might have to take matters into my own hands. Hopefully they'll get some lead on this case. 

I need to know. I need to make these dreams go away. I don't want to forget her. I have too. No one can live like this. 

My future is like a dark thunder cloud, and it's getting ready for lightning.

Second Chanceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें