Chapter 2: The Escape to Zootopia

Six months later in another city not to far from Zootopia.  A new face joins the fight.

Cody:  This is what's left of my home.  A harsh and dark place where we live in fear.  Destroyed buildings, cracked streets, and a grey gloomy sky that also had a touch of red.  I always ask how this came to be, but no one will answer me, at least not directly.  Every time they would point to the flames. This creature's been consuming my city for well over a decade, destroying everything in its path.  This creature calls herself Flaral.  For years, Flaral and I would battle.  But it seems like every time my sister Maria and I try to defeat her, she gets even stronger.  When it was discovered that I had a gift.  My psychic powers, survivors from the city felt some hope that Flaral had met her match.  When our first battle came, I had won!  I felt so relieved that I thought Flaral was defeated.  But that sense of relief wouldn't last long.  Minutes later, she would re-emerge and strike back.  It was then, that I found out that this creature is immortal and can't be truly defeated.  I haven't given up yet.  I know there's a way to stop her but what?  I don't know how long my sister and I can keep doing this.

Maria: CODY!!!

Maria rushes into the gray and dark room where Cody was staying.  She looked tense and had feelings of anxiety.

Cody: Maria, what's the matter? 

Maria: It's Flaral!  She's back and is wreaking havoc in the center of the city.

Cody gets up from his chair and walks toward Maria.

Cody:  Some things don't seem to change with her.  Let's go Maria!  Show me where she is so that we may have another battle.

The two wolves rush to center of Haiyan City where Flaral was hiding.  During the run, Maria says to Cody.

Maria: I'm tired of this Cody.  We've been fighting for years to no avail.

Cody: We can't stop now.  We must keep fighting until we have found a way to seal her forever.  We can't risk turning our backs on this monster.  She'll just keep growing stronger to the point where it'll be impossible to even defeat her for the moment. 

When Cody and Maria get closer to the city center, smaller creatures spawned by Flaral appeared trying to slow down the two determined wolves.  Some looked looked like flaming birds while others were more like snakes and lizards.  But they all were ugly and unfriendly faces, eager to stop Cody from reaching Flaral.

Cody: Don't get in my way.  I'll destroy all of you!

Cody blasts through the crowd of hostile creatures with his psychic abilities and proceeds to Flaral.  They stumble upon the ruins of a dark, small, and empty apartment building.  Cody and Maria proceeded with caution as Flaral could attack at anytime.  They walked through the ground floor of the apartment and exited out one of the back exit doors.  Once they got outside, there she was!  A large dark red dragon like creature with sharp claws and had a beak instead of a long snout.  She looked down at the two small wolves and said.

Flaral:  I've been expecting you.

Cody: You ready to settle this once more?

Flaral: Ha!  You fools never learn.  I am immortal, you can not defeat me.  Now please, get out of my way.  Once I've reached full power, I will destroy the barrier surrounding this pathetic city and depart for Zootopia.

Maria: Barrier?

Flaral:  Don't tell me you didn't know my dear.  Since the day I awakened, they feared that I would travel beyond Haiyan City.  So they placed an invisible barrier preventing me from escaping.  But once I've reached my full power, I shall possess the energy to brake this barrier.  If that barrier wasn't here, I'd already be long gone.  Now stop wasting my time.  You can't win this fight.