Chapter 3: A Ram's Plan

Previously, Cody and Maria escaped Haiyan City and found themselves in the big city of Zootopia, but they weren't the only ones making plans.

ZPD Headquarters 10:00 PM Local Time-

Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde had just signed out after a long day at the ZPD. As the two walk outside, Judy notices a dark grey van behind them. They continue walking down blocks, Judy looks behind her to see that the van was still on their tail. Judy grabs Nick's paw and they take off running. Nick is confused as to why they were running until the van accelerates and stops right in front of them. Other vehicles suddenly joined in and within seconds Nick and Judy were surrounded. Rams surge out of the vehicles with weapons drawn. In the swarm of rams, a familiar and unfriendly face shows himself.

???: It's been years since you two first showed up on my property. You didn't even give us time for a proper introduction.

Nick and Judy's jaws drop as soon as they pieced together who that ram is.

Nick: Is that Doug?

Doug: Yes it is. The last time you guys showed up, you blew up my lab and imprisoned my boss. I had to rebuild with the spare parts I had. Then, I find that you've jailed her again with the help of a "super sonic" arctic fox. Now it's payback time! Tonight I'll kill the two of you, then I shall bust Bellwether out for good. Now, say goodnight. It really is a shame your brother couldn't be here to watch you insects suffer.

Nick: Big mistake, 'cause he's right here!

The wind starts to rapidly accelerate around Nick, Judy, and the swarm of rams. When it stops, the shadow of a fox on the light pole appears through the cloud of dust.

Levi: My, that's a pretty snazzy performance there!

The rams immediately open fire on Levi Wilde, who quickly jumps off the light pole. He charges back and runs through the croud to get to Nick and Judy before Doug can do harm to them.

Levi: GRAB MY PAW AND LET'S GET OUT OF HERE! Later, Doug!

Nick and Judy grab onto Levi's paws. Levi then speeds away like a drag car taking off from the strip.

Doug: NO! NOT THAT IRRITATING FOX AGAIN! DO NOT LET THEM ESCAPE!

Dougs army of rams quickly run into their vans and speed off to follow the three. Levi holds onto Judy with one paw and Nick on the other as the rams slowly start to catch up. They fire multiple bullets and rockets, desperate to stop the three from getting away.

Nick: Rockets aren't legal, are they?

Judy: Nothing that ram does is legal!

Levi: Just hold on tight and I'll get us out of here!

Levi darts into an alley but are cut off by a vehicle driven by two hostile rams. Nick and Judy let go of Levi, who then nocks the two rams occupying the vehicle to the ground. He then cannonballs right through the car.

Levi: We won't be safe here for long. Let's move!

As Levi, Nick, and Judy quickly leave the area, a certain someone on the roof of a smaller building sat there watching their every move.

Cody: I finally found him. Levi Dash Wi-

???: -What are you doing up here?

Cody flinches and quickly looks behind him to see a small fennec fox with a very deep voice who had found him stalking the three on the roof.

Finnick: I'm going to ask again. What are you doing up here at such a late hour?

Cody: I-I'm looking for a fox named Levi! ... Oh snap...