1| Momma-Son

The first thing Scarlett knew as soon as she opened her eyes was that she would be dying all day. Her head ached and her ears were buzzing, not to mention the horrible feeling of her stomach tied in a knot. With a grimace on her face, the girl yawned loudly and turned on her side, hugging her head to the soft pillow. Her thoughts drifted to the previous evening when Chris suddenly decided to really celebrate their reunion in a big way. They both visited the local store - despite the downpour outside - to get some supplies for the evening. There was really no surprise in the fact that their bags were mostly filled with cans of beers and Scarlett's beloved Martini. The rest of the evening was like a blur.

I swear to God I won't touch alcohol anymore...

To say that they got completely wasted was an understatement. Scarlett could feel in her stomach that she's gonna suffer for at least the next couple of hours. What was worse – was the fact that she had to go to work that day. Fortunately, her alarm had yet to go off, meaning she still had some time to lay in bed and prepare mentally for going out to people. Or at least that's what she thought, laying in warm covers with her face smooshed down into the pillow and a satisfied smile playing on her lips, until she looked at the clock on her nightstand.

"SHIT!" she all but squeaked, basically jumping out of the bed and sprinting towards the bathroom. She immediately regretted that decision, given the throbbing pain in her head, but she was late. She had a morning shift and should open the store at 8, and it was already 10:30.

However, as soon as she stepped out of her bedroom, she stopped in her tracks. Chris was laying on her couch, his mouth open wide as he snored loudly. One of his hands was thrown over his face, and the other was dangling over the floor. The blanket she had given him last night before they both passed out was barely covering the man, but he didn't seem to mind anyway. Scarlett scoffed, taking in the view, both amused and frustrated. They drank way too much last evening.

Finally tearing her eyes off her best friend's sleeping figure, she went into the bathroom.

"Alex is gonna kill me" she mumbled with a nervous chuckle escaping her throat as she jumped in the shower, all the while throwing off her pajama clothes. Exactly seven minutes later she was dressed and ready, glaring at her mirror reflection and trying to do something with the tangles on the back of her head – the courtesy of Chris trying to drunkenly braid her hair last evening. Seeing that there was no point in this action – and she would only rip her hair out with the brush – she just gave up and tied her hair in a messy bun. With no makeup, dark circles under her eyes and this 'thing' on her head, she looked like a living dead. But she couldn't care less and did not want to delay the store opening even more.

With a forced smile send to her mirror reflection, she grabbed her bag and keys and left the apartment, hurrying towards her workplace.

* * *

Scarlett arrived in the store in no time. She barreled through the door after fishing the keys out of her bag, somehow relieved that there was no one around. Maybe her small slip will go unnoticed? Besides, it's not like this happened very often... she usually could handle her drinks, and last night was just an exception.

She threw off her jacket and sat comfortably behind the desk, frowning slightly when she noticed Alex's stuff scattered around. His wallet was laying on top of the papers as if he had forgotten it. Scarlett pushed this thought aside, he'd never just leave it like that. But the store was closed, so this could mean only one thing...

"Well who would've thought" came a sarcastic voice from somewhere behind her. Scarlett spun on her chair; Alex was standing leaned against the nearest bookshelf, his arms crossed over his chest, and a side smirk on his face. "Sleeping Beauty decided to finally show up."