6| Enjoy The Silence

"They're here!" yelled Jeff, with a pink boa wrapped around his neck. "Well, what are you waiting for? Come on in!" he urged the two inside, grabbing them by their arms and dragging them through the door.

They were greeted by the loud laughter and cheers of their friends who, apparently, were already full into drinking mode. Upon stepping into the huge, messy living room full of people, the two immediately found themselves grinning widely. There was literally everyone there. By the half-open garden doors stood Stone who, together with a very amused Kim, was smoking something and chatting with Sean. Jerry was sitting on the couch right beside them, very loudly debating with Jeff's girlfriend, Emily, and Matt who was now handing them beers. In the huge, old armchair, was seated none other than Mike, trying his best not to spill the whiskey while pouring shots. 

"Hey guys" Scarlett said, sitting down next to McCready, whose expression changed as soon as he saw the two newcomers.

"Well about damn time! Where the fuck have you two been?! I thought you decided to ditch on us!" he sounded so desperate and dramatic at the same time that Scarlett couldn't help but giggle. Mike had a tendency to make a funny expression when he was angry. He usually looked like he was just very confused. "What the fuck you're laughing at? Do you have any idea what time is it?!"

"Uhm... quarter past seven?"

"Exactly! What did I tell you about the time? I should kick you out now!"

"C'mon Mikey, we had to make a quick stop first..."

"A quick stop?"

"Yeah. It was a very important thing. A matter of life or death" Chris nodded his head with a very serious expression on his face, plopping down on the other side of Scarlett. "It couldn't wait."

"What the fuck is more important than getting drunk with your friends, huh?" McCready scoffed, eyeing them suspiciously.

"Maybe making sure that there are enough supplies?" Scarlett smiled, reaching towards her bag and fishing out a huge bottle of Jack Daniel's she and Chris bought on their way to Mike's place.

His eyes immediately lit up and his usual grin found its way back on his face, as he regained his composure and threw his arm around Scarlett's neck, making the said girl laugh wholeheartedly "Now, that changes everything..."

They all grabbed shot glasses Mike was so carefully pouring vodka into, before downing the alcohol and returning to their previous conversation, Scarlett making small talk with Ben while being squeezed between Chris and Mike. With the latter's mood now vastly improved, it seemed like this evening was going to be just perfect. Even though Scarlett didn't particularly enjoy drinking that much, she had to admit that she absolutely loved spending her time like that. Surrounded by people that cared for her, and vice versa, those whom she considered her family. There was no place she'd rather be. 

After some time though, she realized there was someone missing. A few someones, to be exact, but one whose absence confused her in particular.

"Hey Dave" she asked the drummer, leaning over Chris's lap so he could hear her.

"Yeah?"

"Where's Eddie? I thought it was supposed to be a kind of... um... like an integration meeting for him?" she said puzzled. The room was full of people, but the California stranger was nowhere to be seen. Scarlett thought for a moment that maybe he decided not to come after all... Maybe they scared him off last night? Maybe he thought they were a bunch of weirdos and chose not to see them ever again? 

She wouldn't blame him if that was the truth...

Krusen took a quick look around the room and furrowed his brows, before raising them in realization. "Ah, he'll be here soon! I think he's coming with Layne. They're just picking up Demri."