2| Boys

As much as Chris was thrilled once they finished the Badmotorfinger album, the process of filming videos for a few songs turned out to be quite challenging. And not so pleasant in some cases.

The video for Jesus Christ Pose. If it wasn't for the fact that it was one of the few videos they were actually satisfied with, they'd probably worry about that whole MTV controversy. But the director did a hell of a job and both him and the guys really liked what he came up with. And that's why they wanted him to direct the video for Rusty Cage as well.

Maybe this time they won't be receiving death threats from people...

Chris came home later that afternoon after several hours of practice, stopping by just to take a shower and change his clothes. He and the rest of the guys were meeting in the bar for their first concert with Ed officially as a new vocalist. And to meet Scarlett, of course. He scoffed, recalling his morning encounter with Ament and McCready. Those clowns looked like they could bite each other's heads off when it was him, not Scarlett, who opened the door.

He kicked his shoes off and headed straight towards his bedroom. The room was a complete mess, which he noticed just now, after living in Scarlett's apartment for the past two weeks. Chris smiled to himself anyway, it was his mess, and he felt comfortable with it.

Chris hummed under his breath as he rummaged through his wardrobe, searching for something fresh to wear when he noticed that the phone on the table was blinking, signaling he had some unheard messages. He reached his hand to press the play button and returned to his previous action when Scarlett's voice blared out from the machine:

"Are you fucking serious right now? Is this guy real? I mean, he can't be real. You guys are fucking joking, I won't believe that's the real person singing on these tapes. No way."

Chris smirked to himself. He knew she'd react like that, he just wished he could see her face. The machine beeped before playing the next message.

"Yo man, Stone here. I just wanted to let you know that the meeting went well and Rick thinks it's a great idea to add Ed. Sooo, we were thinking we could meet in the studio next week, to get this thing done. Call me back when you're back."

Chris reached towards the receiver to call Gossard, but his hand stopped midway when Scarlett's voice reached his ears again.

"Alright, let's say I believe you. You guys are a bunch of fuckers, how could you not tell me about this guy sooner?! I'm listening to the tape fourth time in a row. He's incredible! Call me back Chrispy, call me back ASAP"

He chuckled, shaking his head in amusement. Scarlett was already losing her mind, after hearing just three songs. How would she react on the show?

"Dude, it's me again" Stone's message began playing after another beep. "We're still up for the evening, right? Please tell me you told Scarlett about our show. Ames is gonna murder me if she's not there on time."

For a moment, Chris was frozen where he stood, his eyes widening upon hearing Stone's words. Yeah, he did tell Scarlett about the planned meeting. Yeah, he did mention it was supposed to be today. But he didn't tell her about the show.

Shit.

Did she even remember that? He told her when they were riding home from the airport, she couldn't have forgotten... right?

Chris grabbed the receiver, quickly dialing the store's number. He stared at the display biting at his nails, waiting for Scarlett to finally pick the phone up.

"Three Lives Bookshop, this is Scarlett, how can I help you?"

"You don't have any plans for today's evening don't you?"