Prologue

"A broken heart is hard to fix, but it's not something I'd ever give up on. Whoever you are, I feel your pain bundled up inside me. I promise, I will find you, and I will save you."

"Who are you talking to, Sora?"

I slightly gasp at the sound of Naminé's voice. Her soft footsteps come to a stop as she takes the spot next to me on the leaning palm tree.

"I'm not sure, yet."

"Yet?" Naminé's eyes meet mine in total curiosity. I sigh and pull the unusual lucky charm from my pocket. "You're gonna find whoever owns that charm. I just know it." Naminé reaches for my hand and encloses my fingers around the charm. "Something tells me they wanted you to find it."

"Yeah. Thanks, Naminé."

Naminé's effort to cheer me up really does help. I know as well as she does that she's right. I am going to find this person, because saving people is what I do best.

"Hang in there." I don't even know who I'm talking to, but the distant heaviness I feel inside my heart dies down as I say those few words. Could this person be the third heart linked to mine? I think it's a real possibility.

"Sora!" That's Riku calling. I guess that means it's time to go, so I throw myself off the tree and turn to Naminé.

"Guess I'll see ya later, Naminé."

"Mhm." Naminé nods and I rush to meet Riku by the shore. Running across the sand brings back old memories, and I find myself occasionally glancing down at my rushing feet as they kick up several grains of sand. I stop only a few feet away from Riku.

"What were you two talking about?" He wonders jokingly.

"Just...this charm." I pull the charm from my pocket once again.

"Yeah? What about it?"

"Just that I'm going to find whoever it belongs to, and return it to them!"

"I have no doubt about that."

"Aheheh! Thanks, Riku!"

————————————————

*Switch to Vanitas's perspective*

"What an ignorant fool. He won't get to her before me." I listened in on their conversations from a hidden spot on that pitiful island. What do they think they're going to do with no rightful memories and only a stupid little charm to go on? They won't get there before me. I will bring Hana back myself, and I won't let that dumb brat get in the way.