Chapter 2: Back in Black

Donald, Goofy, and I boarded the Gummi Ship from Master Yen Sid's tower and decided we should pay a visit to Woody and his pals.

I'm currently looking down at my block-like arms and dark outfit.

"Yep! Looks like we made it! Aheheh!" I glance around at the enlarged room, in search of the other toys. "Where is everyone? ...huh?!" The towering door ahead is making noise. Someone's about to walk in! "Whoa!" I feel a pair of hands grab both of my shoulders and drag me into the chest just behind us. "Agh! What's going on?!" I yell as Donald, Goofy, and I land on a pile of toys.

"Shh."

"Buzz?" I see. Buzz was the one who pulled me in here.

"Andy's here! Everyone stay quiet!" Buzz shouts in a whisper. I peek through the keyhole to the chest and watch Andy throw himself into the chair at his desk. An older lady peeks through the open doorway.

"Andy, you need to figure out what to do with your old toys. I'm taking a load to Sunnyside later, if you want to donate any of them."

"Got it, mom."

"Sora, Donald, Goofy! Quick, get out of the chest and hide!" Woody whispers loudly.

"What? Why did you drag us in here only to kick us out?!" Donald snaps.

"Hurry! Just go!" Buzz demands, and the three of us sneak out of the chest, behind Andy's back. We slip under the bed, unseen, as Andy turns to open the chest.

"Uh." I gasp as Andy reveals an open trash bag. "No way. He's just gonna throw them away?"

Andy throws each of the toys in the bag, one by one, but he pulls Woody out from the box and places him on top of the bed.

"Looks like he's not throwing all of them away." Donald observes.

"But what about the others, Donald?"

"Shh. Quiet, guys." I shush both of them, and Andy exits the room with the trash bag. We go to follow him, but Woody startles us as he leaps to the floor just in front of us. "Ah! Woody!" He ignores my voice while racing to the tall doorway. "Hey! Wait up!" We follow closely behind him and watch Andy walk a certain distance from the doorway.

"Phew." Woody emits a sigh of relief as Andy unfolds a ladder from a small opening in the ceiling. "Andy's putting them in the attic. What a relief."

"That's good. I was worried for them too." I really was worried. I can't even begin to imagine how awful they would feel if their owner threw them away like that.

"Looks like everything is gonna be okay." Donald comments.

"Yep. Hyuck!"

"Hey, Woody? Has anything strange been going on around here? Have the Heartless showed up again?" I remember the mission Master Yen Sid passed to us, and it's important that I ask.

"Nope. Nothing strange is going on, but our lives are definitely changing. Andy's going off to college, and he hasn't played with us in a long time."

"College..?" I'm not sure what that means.

"Do you not know what college is?" Woody asks.

"Uh...agh!" I grunt, because Donald just hit me in the head with his staff! "Oww."

"Order."

"Augh...yeah, I know what college is. Aheheh..."

"Oh no! Someone's takin' the bag!" Goofy warns us, and we all turn to see Andy's mom taking the bag out as if it's trash.