Chapter one - Dangerous

You and your other friends and family had always liked a good challenge. Raiding villages, stealing, classic dragon hunter things. You threw open the doors to a long room with sets of tables, chairs, and at least 30 people at each table. They all jumped at the sound of the door hitting the walls. You stomped up to your mother, the leader of your village.

"Mom!" You said in a stern tone.

"Aww, hello my little N/N!" Your mother said, looking at you with puppy dog eyes. It made you fill with both embarrassment and anger, knowing that everyone in the room was watching. "What can I do for you, sweetheart?"

"I've been thinking and..." you hesitated, "I think I'm ready for the extreme level of dragon hunter training."

A couple people in the room gasped. You clenched your fist, realizing that if your mother said no, everyone would witness your sad attempt at getting to a higher rank. Her face suddenly turned from a happy expression to a serious one.

"Sure, why not?" She said, resting her head on her hand. "You're strong enough to handle it, right? The boat for the destination leaves next week on Thursday. Have fuuun~!" She said, shooing you away with her free hand. You held back a smile and walked out of the building. As soon as you heard the door shut you squealed and jumped up and down. Sprinting to your tiny hut, you already started packing your things for the long road ahead. This is going to be so fun! you thought to yourself.

[time skip one week]

I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!  You run towards the dock as fast as you can. Other dragon hunters look at you as you trip down a set of stairs .

"I'm fine!"

Everyone boarded the boat and sailed off. The vast blue ocean stretched out beyond the bow of the shop. You gasped as you stare out at it.

"Wow...this is amazing!"

"Just you wait till you see where we're heading, Y/N." Said a boy that looked to be around your age. You suddenly recognized him from the crowd back in the meeting hall.

"Well where are we-"

"Hurry up!" He said. You didn't even notice he started walking away. "They're serving dinner under the deck."

You scoffed and jogged to catch up with him. Then, you started wondering. What is it we'll encounter that could be so dangerous?