Prelude

Four teenagers tightly gripped one another's hands as they stood in front of the altar in Auradon's cathedral. This moment, right here, was going to be the most important moment in their lives.

Save for their wedding days.

Fairy Godmother stepped forward with her wand in hand. "The four of you know the weight of what you're about to do."

The four of them nodded. "We do Fairy Godmother."

"You know there is no going back what's the spell is cast?"

They looked at each other before simultaneously squeezing one another's hands.

"We do."

Fairy Godmother smiled before addressing those that were gathered in the Cathedral. "We gather here to witness these four children leave their childhood behind, and take the ultimate oath to their prince."

Her wand began to glow. "May the first of the guard step forward."

Mia, daughter of King Milo and Queen Kida of Atlantis, took a deep breath before letting go of her friends' hands. She walked towards Prince Ben, their best friend and at this point practically their brother, before grasping his forearm.

"I, Princess Mia of Atlantis, daughter of King Milo and Queen Kida, swear my fidelity to Prince Ben of Auradon, son of King Adam and Queen Belle, as the first of his guard."

Ben smiled. "I, Prince Ben of Auradon, accept your vow of fidelity."

Fairy Godmother placed her wand on Mia and Ben's joined hands. And when the wand's glow died, they pulled away from each other to look at the tattoos that bound them together, the same tattoos that would go on the others' arms; the blue Atlantiantian crystal to represent Mia, and a crown with a rose wrapped around it to represent Ben.

"May the second of the guard step forward."

Mia backed away and Tate Hightopp, son of Tarrant Hightopp/the Mad Hatter and Alice Hightopp took her place, clasping Ben's forearm with his hand. "I Tate Hightopp of Underland, son of Alice and Tarrant Hightopp, swear my fidelity to Prince Ben of Auradon, son of King Adam and Queen Belle as the second of his guard."

Once again, our prince smiled. "I, Prince Ben of Auradon, accept your vow of fidelity."

Fairy Godmother rested her wand on their hands, and just like Mia, when the glowing died, Ben now had a top hat under Mia's crystal to represent Tate, and the ginger had both the rose wrapped around the crown and the blue atlantian crsytal tattooed on his right arm.

"May the second in command of the guard step forward."

Malia of Motunui, daughter of Moana and the Maui, took a deep breath before semi-confidently walking forward. As she grasped Ben's forearm, he smiled reassuringly, and she began to speak. "I, Malia of Motunui, daughter of Chief Moana and the Demigod Maui, swear my fidelity to Prince Ben of Auradon, son of King Adam and Queen Belle, as the second in command of his guard."

The prince smiled before squeezing her hand. "I accept your vow of fidelity."

When the binding magic ran through her veins, the best that she could describe it was that it actually tickled more than it hurt. And when they pulled away, three tattoos decorated her arm; the rose wrapped around the crown, the atlantian crystal, and the top hat. A quick glance at Ben's forearm showed her that the symbol of Te Fiti's heart now rested below the top hat. As it would on Mia and Tate's arms.

Malia stepped back as Fairy Godmother spoke again. "May the future Captain of the Prince's Guard step forward."

Esme, daughter of Esmeralda and Phoebus walked forward and took Ben's forearm confidently. "I, Esme of the Court of Miracles, daughter of Captain Phoebus and Esmeralda, swear my fidelity to Prince Ben of Auradon, son of King Adam and Queen Belle of Auradon, and my brother in all but blood, as the Captain of his guard."

Ben smiled widely. "I, Prince Ben of Auradon, accept my sister in all but blood's vow of fidelity."

Fairy Godmother's wand glowed for the last time, and the tattoos represented each of them individually now decorated Esme's arm, and a gypsy tambourine now rested under the others. With Esme officially placed as Captain of the Prince's Private Guard, the ceremony was over.

They were now magically obligated to protect Ben no matter what.