\\ 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 //

this is half of the aftermath of chapter seven - anger. i said what happened afterwards in chapter eight - emptiness; but i think i want to show it as well. besides that chapter was placed an entire year later. :)

Year: 1969, London, BritainSetting: The Longbottom Palace

Setting: The Longbottom Palace

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

The party was ended quickly. Shattered glass, frightened kids, and leaving parents played like a scene out of a movie.

Evelyn and Alfie needed assistance. They was the the emotional volcano, convinced it was the fault of others, or circumstance.

You'd see it first in their eyes, then a tension of their muscles, an inability to think clearly soon followed.

The night ended with them both needing magical attendance for the wounds she gave them. Susan stayed up late, hiding under Frank's bed, worrying, pondering, listening to his silent whimpers he failed at hiding from her.

Was he afraid of her? Did he see her as a monster now? She let her emotions overtake her, not thinking of the consequences afterwards. It was seeing the bruise on his wrist that made her... snap.

The same bruise normally on her, sinking into her skin reminding her daily of the pain she was put in under their control. That same bruise tormented her, leaving thoughts to take something, even a blade, and drag over it to cut it off. But there were many.

Too many to cut. Too many to ignore. Enough to destroy her.

The sight of her brother hiding beside her in his world of fear, biting on his nails as he made a low, pitiful whining sound, broke her heart.

Tension grew in his face and limbs, his mind replaying the last attack. Any minute now Evelyn and Alfie would be back. Any minute now Susan will be snatched up and dragged away. Any minute now she'll experience the worse punishment she's ever received from them. Any minute now Frank will be pushed into the closet, covering his ears to muffle her screaming. Her shouting. Pleading.

He wanted to cry.

As Susan slid her being-forced-to-hold- back-shaking hand under her brother's, she heard the sound of them loudly entering. When the front door slammed, Susan knew the shouting match was just getting started.

She was too afraid to move. Why did she freak out like that? Why did she put herself in these situations? If she just listened and did nothing, this wouldn't be happening to her. She fears Alfie's belt and yet gets herself in situations that'll involve her meeting it.

These situations were always her fault. When Evelyn screams at her, it's her fault. Stop fighting back. Why doesn't she just stay down? It wouldn't hurt to stay down.

If Auror and Amelia was here, this wouldn't be happening. If their parents were alive this wouldn't be happening. If she stays down and they keep kicking her, who'll comfort Frank? Who'll take care of Frank? Who'll watch over Frank? Whether she wanted to or not, she had no choice.

She had to protect Frank.

|Thank You For Reading|

Author's Note: ..... I probably, most definitely, undoubtedly, rushed this chapter. Probably will go back and add more. I don't know if I really want to add the scene of what angry Alfie did to her. The aftermath was spoken of a lot in many chapters in her story. I plan on making it bigger in her 2nd Year. That's all. Have a good day!

|Love You All|