\\ 𝐠𝐫𝐲𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫 𝐯𝐬 𝐬𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧 //

this is the continuing of chapter 56; this is chapter 57 but i chose to put this in here.

Year: 1971, Scotland, BritainDate: November 3rd, Wednesday Setting: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Date: November 3rd, Wednesday
Setting: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

  It was finally time for the meeting she had to stay after with Professor Giovanni. Was she looking forward to it? No. Did she have a choice? No. Was she going to speak? Probably. Was she worried about being left alone with a possible pedophile? Yes. She knew she didn't want to be here though. That was for sure. "I know you're pondering, Susan. Don't worry, you're not in trouble. I wanted to talk to you about something else." He said as he pulled out a chair and she waited for him to sit down but he never did. Instead he made his way around the wooden desk that belonged to him and pulled out a book --- at least she thought he was reaching for a book over there. Giovanni wasn't like the other professor's. He saw what happened to her in Dumbledore's office. He saw the way she shook in the chair and calmed down when she was near her brother. He saw how frightened her lips trembled and how much terror was hiding behind her brown eyes. He wished she would participate in class more often. She knew this stuff --- he knew she knew it. He also knew she doesn't want to be around him. That was fine because his magical idea of the lesson scared most of the kids and he apologized for that. Something was a tiny bit different about her freak out though. When he talked to Frank about it, Frank said something along the lines of "I think it has something to do with herself. You didn't do anything." That somewhat scared him.

  "You know, Susan, back when I taught at my old schools, I always formed relationships with my students. I had my own handshakes with them if it made them feel comfortable and I checked on them when they were upset. Side eyes from the other teachers did not go unnoticed --- I just didn't care." When he started speaking she already mentally rolled her eyes. She swore if a sob story was coming, she'd get up and walk out. She knew it was considered disrespectful yet she couldn't stand to hear anything sad. She was sad enough. "I did, however, make the same plan when I got the job as your D.A.D.A. professor. I can understand life is hard in the UK these days. Problems and more problems. You-Know-Who...." he caught himself before he continued. She was only eleven. She shouldn't be hearing anything like that. He didn't want to scare her. ".... h-he doesn't matter. The Wizarding World statics shows that only 3% of the 1960s generation has experienced catastrophes in the late 60s. Not shocked. Times have been tough for the Wizarding World.... for the Longbottom family...." When he said that she uncomfortably shifted in her seat. She hated being reminded of her parents... she hated thinking about them.

  It was times like this where Susan forgot news of their deaths wasn't just heard in the family --- if you could even call it a family. Susan couldn't speak for her family anyways. She knew nothing about them. "I'm going to stop. Don't want to overstep boundaries. I think you should read this." Professor Giovanni held out the book to her and she stared at it. It reminded her of what Remus tried doing not too long ago. She wasn't having it. Susan's eyes left the book in his hand and slowly made their way back to his face. Giovanni got the idea and gently placed the book down in front of her instead. He held his hands up and backed up. "What is it?" She asked as she stared down at it. Her question was answered when she read the cover: "Crown's Destiny" by Marilyn Elizabeth. This was the same woman who the Wizarding World adored so much. Posters, hairstyles, quotes, journals, shirts, clothing, you named it. Everything that was everything had been made for her. Susan just wondered... whom was this Marilyn Elizabeth and why was she so big? Susan wished she was loved that much. She didn't get any love... she couldn't even feel love.