Brynjolf x Reader

It was a gorgeous day in Riften. It was summer, and some kind of festival was taking place in Riften. 

"Bryn, you ready yet?" I asked excitedly. Bryn nodded and I jumped happily and took his hand. I pulled him to the festival and saw all sorts of fun. It looked like an amusement park.

"Hey, Bryn! Let's go on the- Bryn?" I hadn't realized Bryn was already away from me. He was talking with a couple of girls. No.

"Em, excuse me, but I paid for him, and he is technically my property, please stop." I said to the ladies. They scoffed and walked off. Bryn looked so confused. He shrugged it off and we walked to a stand with a game.

"It's really easy to win! Just throw these three balls at those targets, and you win a stuffed animal!" The person running the booth said. I grinned and saw Bryn grab a ball and throw it at a target. He missed every target...

"Ha! Let me, the professional, try, Brynny." I said smugly. 

"Like you can actually be any bet-...ter......" I had not missed a single target, and even got the extra points target in the back. Bryn had a shocked face. I grabbed a teddy bear and grinned at Bryn.

"Oh, look!" He excitedly said. There was a 'test your strength' game thing that he was interested in. He ran to it and instantly won. I sighed and saw that he already got his stuffed animal. He held it out to me, I smiled at it then he pulled away. I frowned. I pointed to a roller coaster.

"Pleaseee can we go on it?!" I begged. 

"Okay, lass. We can go on it." I grinned and grabbed his hand and pulled him in the first row of seats. I suddenly got hit with a wave of nervousness and fear. Bryn saw this and smirked.

"Lass, it was you who pulled me on this. I say you face your fear without my help." I wanted to smack him, but I couldn't let go of the bar in front of me. Yes, the ride hasn't started yet, but I was scared. Anyone else feel this way on coasters? Like, I love them for the adrenaline, but am terrified.

"Okay, keep everything inside the ride at all times. You are riding Dragon's Fireblast. Enjoy the ride." The man managing the ride said plainly. He pulled a lever and the cart slowly started moving up a hill. I was clenching the bar and my shoulders were tense and up in fear. My eyes widened once I saw how high we were.

"B-B-..Bryn...I-..I'm ....s-sorry for dragging you..on t-this..." I said. Bryn laughed.

"I don't think an apology will stop the ride, Y/n." He laughed. I risked it and let go of the bar and smacked him. 

"Ouch..I shouldn't seen that coming...." He muttered. I laughed dryly, my eyes focused on the tracks in front of me. 

"Hah, I didn't know the the best thief we've got is afraid of a little coaster!" I jumped and realized Thrynn was behind us. 

"T-THRYNN" I yelled. Thrynn laughed.

"Prepare yourself!~" The cart stopped at the peak of the hill.  I saw a plane flying below. Holy heck how high are we...is this..possible?!

The cart inched forward, teasing scared riders. then stopped when it was just about ready to go down. I was shaking. Bryn smirked at me. 

"I once heard that this very coaster got stuck on the loop de' loops. Upside down." Thrynn said, trying to scare me more, I see...

"Stop.." I said. 

"And the buckles that strap you down, those came loose for one unfortunate rider." He continued. Bryn saw how scared I've gotten. Sure, he was in it for the scares...mostly mine...but I could tell he's had enough.

"Thrynn, stop it. And I'm not saying this as a friend, I'm saying this as the Guild master." Thrynn sighed sadly.

"Fine, I'll sto-" Suddenly the cart dropped and we were sent straight down the hill. 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!" Thrynn yelled. I laughed dryly and nervously and froze. I stared as the wind smacked my face. Bryn was laughing at Thrynn until there was a sharp turn the made the cart go on its side. I screamed and Bryn yelped. I let out a terrified scream when I saw the loop de' loops. The coaster slowed down when it reached the top of the loops, then it stayed put on top. Then seconds later it zoomed. I screamed and cried lightly. Thrynn was already crying by this point. Bryn was just screaming. Suddenly the cart stopped. I was death-gripping the bar and shaking.

"Thank you for riding Dragon's Fireblast...You may now exit the ride." THe plain speaking person said. I shakily got off. Bryn held my hand and Thrynn...had to be pulled off because he was so scared of moving.

"N...N-...Never ...a-a....again...." I said. Bryn laughed.

"Hey, Thrynn! I thought were teasing Y/n of being scared! Hahaaa! You were worse than her!" I suddenly laughed and Thrynn sighed.

"It's true." He said shakily. I was still shaking, but less than before.

"Hey, maybe we can go on something ... less terrifying... I see why they call it Dragon's Fireblast..." Thrynn muttered. 

"We can go on the merry-go-round..." I said. Thrynn growled.

"I meant something not for babies, not for dragonborns...and perfect for me." He said. 

"Fine. We can go on the child's coasters...." I said. Thrynn smiled.

"Let's go." 

~

Bryn was squished against me, we had no leg room, so our feet were tangled. Thrynn was the lucky duck that had alllllll the room in the world.

"....I feel like this isn't safe...if we die, I just..want to say...." Suddenly the cart cut me off by moving fast. It wasn't scary...just annoying being shoved into Bryn. I blushed when the cart stopped and I realized I was practically laying on Bryn. Bryn laughed.

"Okay, well...um... heh. Did you have fun, baby Thrynn?" Bryn laughed at me and then looked at Thrynn, who had a large smile on his face.

"Yes! And don't call me that." Thrynn said. 

I untangled myself and got out of the cart. I sat down on bleachers and watched the night sky. Thrynn walked somewhere else, and Bryn saw me.

"Are you okay, Lass?" He asked. He sat next to me really close. I sighed and said nothing. I just looked up at the sky, only to be surprised by a bright colorful light show. Bryn frowned.

"I'm sorry. I..." I was cut off by Bryn pulling me to him. I leaned on his chest.

"Shush and let's just watch the fireworks." He whispered. I chuckled a little and snuggled into him. He snuggled back and we watched the fireworks together.

"I knew that would happen!" Thrynn said to Vex. Vex scoffed and gave him a good 20 gold.

"Thank you~" He said. 

"Excuse me." I got up and went over to Thrynn and Vex.

"FUS RO DAH!" I shouted. They flew back and I happily returned to my love.

1149 words.