The Turn ✰

Aria's POV

Aria's POV

Penelope, Lydia, Elena, Schneider and I were all gathered at Alex's baseball game to cheer the boy on.

A good amount of time had passed since Elena's quince, and not much had really changed.

Besides the fact that Alex and I had entered the most awkward period in a teenager's life

"Dale, Dylan, dale. You got this! Stand right in there, don't be afraid of the ball." Penelope cheered

We all groaned when the ball smacked Dylan really hard, "Just shake it off, Dylan! Shake it off! Yes! Way to take one for the team!"

I fanned myself with my hand in attempt to cool myself off from the blistering heat. I really had no interest in watching my bestfriend play baseball, but I didn't have much of a choice.

Lydia took out a bottle of rum and started rubbing it on her neck, "Ay, por el amor de Dios....it is so hot."

"All right, Mami, Aria, let's do the wave." Penelope said

She stood up and cheered, passing the wave down the line, but it quickly ended when Elena refused to participate.

"Nope." She said, as the four of us booed her

"Okay, let's eat. Mami, comida." Penelope said

Lydia opened the cooler and started pulling out food, "Okay, the rice and the frijoles are in the pickle jar...and the lechón is in the butter tub..and the cookies are in the cookie tin, but they are not they same cookies that came with the tin."

Penelope forgot the napkins so Elena and Schneider went to go napkins, while the rest of us continued to watch the game.

I attempted to take a bit of the food, but Lydia smacked my hand and scolded me for not waiting, before she secretly passed me a cookie.

"Okay, Alex is up. Here we go, ladies." Penelope said

"Go Alex!!" I cheered, earning the stares of a couple of parents and a groups of girls who'd come to gawk at the young boys

"Here we go, papito!" Penelope cheered

Schneider and Elena came back from getting napkins and cheered with us. Alex hit the ball and everyone cheered as he ran the bases.

"Go, Go, Go!" We cheered, and began to sing as Lydia waved a Cuban flag, "Dale, papito, dale!"

I laughed while Schneider, Lydia, and Penelope continued to dance.

_________

"What a game, papito!" Penelope congratulated the young boy as we walked into their apartment.

"Hello, dodgers? You want Alex Alvarez? We'll think about it!" Lydia joked

We all cheered and laughed, patting the boy in celebration