Chapter 4

I ran over to a surprised Kenzie and hugged her close. "Mamma is waiting for you at home baby. We got to get you out of here." I could feel her shaking her head back and for worth as she pulled back.

"They told me Mamma and Daddy were dead a I had to stay here from now on. Does that mean I'm coming with you?" She asked confused. I shook my head as tears spilled out of my eyes. How could they do that to a child?! If there were any Rouges left, I was going to kick their asses.

"No baby girl, both of them are fine and very much alive." I was about to pick her up when a growl sounded behind me. I placed Kenzie on my back as I crouched in a defensive position. I recognized Noah's wolf and straightened myself. "She's safe." I stated flatly as he left out a breath of relief. Kenzie scurried off my back and ran to Noah. He lowered his head as tried to wrap her tiny arms around his neck. I smiled as he began to purr. I froze as a strange scent hit me full force. Noah hadn't seemed to noticed as he soothed his dauther. I caught a glimpse of brown fur, and yellow eyes eyeing Noah and Kenzie hungrily.

I let out a feral growl as I hopped over Noah and Kenzie,feeling fur burst through my skin as grabbed a hold of the spy. By his scent, I could tell he was a Rouge. I realized that I had turned into my wolf, and was holding him by the neck. The rouge took my surprise to an advantage as he scratched my face, forcing me to let go of the hold I had of his throat. "Get Kenzie out here!" I growled at a stunned Noah. "NOW!" I screamed when he made no move to leave. I turned back just in time to miss a swipe of a paw. Once I felt Noah's present disappear, I gave my whole full control.

She lunged at him repeatedly until he was cornered in the next room. When he saw he had no escape, he lunged at me, knocking me flat on my back. He then sunk his teeth into my neck, as my howls of pain echoed through the whole house. My vision became fuzzy as I felt his weight lifted off my body. I slowly turned my head to see Kale's wolf snap the Rouge's neck, then black dots clouded my vision, until I couldn't see anymore.

***********

I could barely open my eyes just as we busted throught the pack house door. I smiled slightly as I saw Noah, Shay snuggling on the couch, and holding Kenzie for dear life. Shay shot up and hobbled over to us. "What happened to her!" She demanded from Kale.

"She was attacked. Please I need help. The bleeding won't stop." He whispered. My heart broke as I heard the sadness leak into his words. I could feel him shaking as he tried to control his breathing. Was he crying? I pushed away the thought as a seering pain went through my body. It hurt so much that I couldn't focus on where it was coming from. Shay lead us to a bedroom and stood by the door as Kale softly laid me on the bed.

"Kale, I need to talk to Shay and Noah alone." I whispered hoarsely. He hushed me as I wiped the tears off his cheek.

"I want you to save your energy. You need to heal."

"I need to talk to them."

"I'm not leaving you in this condition." He growled as he wrapped his hands around my small one."

"He can stay Paige. What ever you need to say, he can hear it too." Shay whispered as Noah walked in with Kenzie. I smalled the lump in my throat.

"Noah, you better treat her right. I need you to watch over both of them. You need to man up and tell Shay why you are so scared of being her mate. She believes that you don't love her. Did you know that she was fixing to leave again." Hurt flashed through his eyes as he looked at Shay. "That's right Mister. You need to get your act together and put that fear you have behind you."

He turned back to me shocked. "I'm have no fear."

"Oh Please Noah," I croaked. "Whenever you look at them, you have fear present in your eyes. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that your either afraid of commitment, or afraid of them leaving. Which one is it?"

"I-fr-of-em-ing-me." He mumbled.

"What!"

"I"m afraid of them leaving me!"

"You better have an explanation for that cause I'm confused here. You are pushing them away Noah. That's the only reason why they are leaving you." He nodded as he slid down against the floor.

"My mother left my father, cause she was human and couldn't handle our way of life. She left shortly after my sister was born. She was killed by Rouge wolves at a young age. I ran after they got her. I could have saved her, but I didn't." He sobbed. "That's why I'm so afraid of losing Shay and Kenzie. I thought that... maybe if I pushed them away, then that wouldn't happen. I was wrong though." He turned and looked Shay straight in the eye a she slid down beside him, with Kenzie in her lap. "I'm so madly in love with you Shay. Kenzie means the world to me, and I would die if anything happened to you because of me."

"Well that already happened Noah. We are going to hit patches like that in our lives. We can't hide from them. Noah I love you too but you have to realize what your sisters death meant." Shay replied honestly. "It was a lesson to us all if you think about it. She was saying that life is too short, so don't waste it on the what if's and maybe's. Live it as it comes, and deal with it the best way you can. Noah, if you can understand that, our love can conquer anything. Just look at Paige and Kale. Their love is so strong that they have conquered a lot of great challenges as it is. That could be us one day." She got up and placed Kenzie on her feet. "I just won't wait forever for you to realize that." She turned and hobbled out of the room and with tears falling down her cheeks.

"Go after her Noah. She needs you more than ever right now." I whispered. He nodded as he picked up Kenzie and left. I could feel my eyelids slowly slipping closed. I noticed that i didn't feel as light headed as before.

"Your going to be okay." Kale murmured against my lips as he gave me a quick peck. I smiled and snuggled closer to him as he hopped into the bed beside me. "Why didn't you tell me before you left?'' He asked in a pained voice.

"Kale, you don't have to be following me around everwhere you know. I felt like I had to do this on my own, since it was my family. I'm sorry though, I know how worried you must have been. I'll make sure to inform you next time." He smiled as he leaned closer and gave me another peck right before the pack doctor came in. Kale got up and left the room.

"Hello Princess, my name in Doc Walters. Before I start, I need to know how far along you are?" I gaved him a confused look. What was he talking bout? I think the Doctor has been taking samples out of the medicine again. "You mean you don't know?" He asked in dibelief. "My dear, you are pregnant. I guessing you are  three weeks  along with three pups." He said as he sniffed towards me. I was pregnant! How could that have happened? Kale and I only did it once and that was the day that we mated. Oh right, we didn't use any protection. Shit!! Since I was still shocked, he continued on. "I will order an ultrasound. You can tell your mate as i do so. Once we are done with that, I will see how you have healed." He left the room while frantically scribbling on his clip board.

Kale entered the room with a confused expression on. "Paige is there any reason why Noah is dancing around the living room like a lunatic, and the Doctor told me congratulations?"

"Kale how big is our pack house?"

"We have fifteen extra rooms in the house, why?"

"Are there any by our room?" I said, keeping a serious face as i played with him.

"Ya five, why are you asking me this? Can't it wait 'till later?"  

"Cause we are going to need three of them." I beamed as he came and laid down beside me. I picked up his hand and placed it on my stomach which seemed a little harder than usual. His eyes widened and filled with tears, as he realized what I was saying.

"We are having pups?" I nodded asI felt my own tears well up in my eyes. He kissed my lips then kissed my stomach. My smile grew impossibly bigger as I heard Shay squeal in delight downstairs, followed by Noah and Kenzie's laugh.

****

Hoped you guys liked it. One more chapter I think then it's done. It was quite fun writing this you guys. BTW this happened after my story so it's not connected except the characters. The ending however will not be the same for Merewolves. Thanx for reading guys!! Please vote and or comment!! Fallen_Angel17