[09]

---

---

I stopped next to Harley as Floyd walked on, leaning down to hear what Flag had to say. I ignored what was happening, watching ahead of us. 

We began walking to a tall building, the soldiers in front of us holding their guns out. They all knelt down, waiting for something but Floyd continued on, whispering something to Flag before opening the glass door. The already shattered glass fell from its frame as he walked in. 

With a shrug I followed after the soldiers, glancing around the desolate building. 

"Looks like we have a spot of luck, eh? Be a walk in the park," Boomerang spoke, looking at the cameras. "Easy peasy."

"Don't make me shoot you," Floyd threatened. 

"Georg- Lilith, headcount," Flag ordered. 

"No idea," I told from across the reception. "They're not human it's hard to get a grasp on them." I paused, glancing around. "But it makes it more fun."

Harley glanced to me, gesturing for me to get into the elevator across from hers. She then pointed upwards, holding up the floor number with her fingers. I rolled my eyes but followed her lead, climbing into the elevator. 

The rest of the team made their way up the stairs before glancing up and noticing the pair of us already on our way. We waved. 

It was around the twelfth floor that one of those things jumped down, grabbing my neck.  I grabbed my gun, shooting it in the side of the head. I sighed, kicking it away from me. 

I leant against the side, waiting to arrive at the top floor, this time one of the things smashed through the glass, kicking me back into the doors. I groaned, lifting my hands, letting the red consume them before I shoved the thing out and to its death. 

"I just can't catch a fucking break," I muttered. 

The elevator dinged, the doors opening, revealing half of the guys outside, ready to fight. 

"Move," I ordered, shoving past them. 

We made out way into another room, the army yet again ahead of us. 

"Hold," Flag instructed, holding up a fist.

"I don't like this, Flag," Floyd told. 

"I don't like it either," Flag replied. 

"A dark office where there's a chance of attack from all sides, what's not to like," I quipped, rolling my eyes. 

Floyd put on his mask, making Harley turn to me and wink. I smirked. 

"Pussy," Harley insulted. 

"I will knock your ass out. I do not care that you're a girl," Floyd threatened. 

There was a pause before the ceiling broke, dozens of those things, falling through. 

I created a forcefield, walking through the office, avoiding bullets. Pushing my hands forward, I knocked three of them down before using my powers to rip them apart. Using the pieces of ripped up whatever they were, I pushed them into more of those things, temporarily stopping them. 

I grabbed my gun, shooting at the ones that got too close. I pressed the trigger again but nothing happened. Empty. I groaned, pocketing the gun before punching the thing closest. I kicked it in its chest, sending it out of the window. 

"They're after Flag again," Floyd yelled. Once again I groaned but nonetheless, I ran to his aid. If he died, then I would die and I was not up for that just yet. 

"Circle up. Circle around him," someone ordered. I wasn't paying attention as I created a forcefield around the man we were protecting. 

"Let me fight," Flag exclaimed. 

"You die, we die," Floyd pointed out. 

"Clear. Everyone move out," Flag shouted. 

As we reached a balcony type hallway more of those things came out, shooting at us. 

I let the red shoot from my hands, ripping apart as many of those things as I could. I heard yelling beside me as I did but I paid it no attention as I took down half of the things in front of us. 

Next thing I know those things are on fire. 

"Damn," I exclaimed. "That was hot, literally," I joked, pointing to the fire.

"I was just trying to get you there," Floyd informed. "Phil Jackson, we good, right?"

"I knew you'd come through," Harley spoke after kissing his cheek. 

"That's shit crazy," Floyd added. 

We were on our way again, taking a less open route. We began up some stairs. 

"I gotta work on my cardio," Harley muttered. 

"I could get to the top in a few seconds," I complained. 

"Except we don't trust you," Flag spat back. 

"Fair point," I responded, shrugging. "Except I could have killed you all a million times by now and I haven't, so, I think I deserve a little trust," I continued. "Because let's be honest-"

"I will shoot you," Flag yelled. 

I held my hands up in surrender. 

I looked back to see Harley hadn't moved. I frowned, nudging Floyd. I tilted my head to signal that we should go back for her. 

Floyd tried to get her attention only to have a gun to his head. 

"Woah, relax. It's just me," he reassured. 

"You ever been in love?" Harley questioned, her eyes flickering between us. 

"Nah, never," Floyd answered.

"Bullshit," Harley muttered.

"You don't kill as many people as I've killed and still sleep like a kitten if you feel shit like love," Floyd explained. 

"What about you Lilith?" She asked turning to me. 

I remembered his dark eyes, the way his soft lips felt against mine. I remember what it was like before the insanity consumed me and the darkness took control. I remembered how we laughed and how I kept secrets. 

Blinking, I brought myself back to reality. I shrugged nonchalantly. 

"Once I think but then they took him from me, just like everybody else," I revealed. "Now, now I don't think I could ever feel love, not with this line of work." 

"Another textbook sociopath," she spoke, looking at Floyd. "And an emotionless witch," she added, glancing to me.