4

Monday rolled around dreadfully slow for Percy. She expected to have met the team on Sunday, but Diana didn't contact her. All day long she held onto the touch screen cell phone that her cousin had gifted her, but it didn't ring once, or even chime with the text messages she sent before.

Thankfully, the woman turned up by Monday morning, just as the daughter of Poseidon was preparing to start a fire to warm up the cabin.

"Hey, it's good to see you. I thought you said yesterday." Percy told her cousin, confused. it had grown rather lonely in the days she was out here.

"Yesterday was inconvenient for the team." Wonder Woman explained. "Is today okay for you?"

"Yeah, of course." Percy said, suddenly realizing afterwards that it may have been a joke about how little there was to do out here.

"Did you put together a costume?"

Gaze dropping to the floor, she explained that, "I didn't have much to work with out here. Do you have something I can borrow?"

"We can go find something." The older hero assured the teenager and turned back to the door. "Let's go. We have to get you ready to meet the team." Percy smiled and followed Diana to her invisible jet. "We'll find another way to transport you between Happy Harbor and here, since I won't be able to bring you down every day."

"'Happy Harbor?'" Percy critiqued the name. "Sounds too up-beat."

Diana laughed. "We're superheroes. Positivity is an important part of the job."

———

They were late and Percy might have been upset by that if she wasn't so satisfied with the new superhero costume Diana helped her design and put together. It was very ninjaesque, and it made her feel like a master assassin with how many secret knives she managed to hide on herself. Her face was covered and a red hood hid her braided hair, while the rest of her body was covered in a red and black armored suit. She liked red, not as much as blue, but it was short notice and she was happy so it didn't matter.

When they finally stood before the team, she held her head high. Confidence would be easy to produce knowing they were all younger and probably less experienced than her.There were six of them, two girls and three boys all of varying ages and appearances. But they all looked relatively friendly, if it counted fo anything.

Her mask would be difficult, covering everything below the bridge of her nose, definitely not ideal for fighting in no matter how cool it looked. Already aware of the slight breathing constriction, and seeing the rest of the team wearing an eye mask or no mask, she was starting to second guess her choice. She'd never even fought in a mask, let alone one that might make breathing a little tougher. Earlier it seemed like the better choice because she thought an eye mask wouldn't cover enough or that it might obscure her peripheral vision, but she wasn't so sure anymore.

"Hi guys, I know some of you aren't very familiar with me, but I want to introduce you all to my cousin." Wonder Woman addressed the team then turned her eyes to Percy, silently telling her to introduce herself.

A few seconds passed while she didn't get the message, staring blankly back at her cousin in confusion before realizing. "Oh! Hi, I'm Riptide."

"Hello, Riptide, I'm Black Canary. I handle most of the team's training." A blonde woman in a very scantily clad outfit stepped forward and shook the girl's hand. She then stepped back and allowed the Young Justice team to meet their new teammate.

Wally stepped up first. "Hi Gorgeous, I'm Kid Flash, but I'm sure you already know that." She did recognize him, vividly recalling the other day when she shoved him into a wall. "I'm the fastest kid alive—"