12

Upon waking, Percy found herself wrapped in a tight embrace. Nearby a phone was ringing loud enough to wake her, but not loud enough for her to care. At least, not until Roy was awake. He pulled away slightly, reaching under his pillow to grab his phone. Cold air swept over Percy as he pulled away to press decline. He then tried to replace the device under the pillow, only for it to ring again and vibrate. And then vibrate again and chime and ring and so on. So he grumbled and begrudgingly accepted the call.

"What do you want, psycho?"

Percy could hear the other person speaking through the phone. "Dude, where are you? We've been trying to get in your house for like an hour."

"What the Hell?!" Roy sat up, jostling Percy and causing her to follow suit. "Why do you need to get into my house? I'm not home."

An audible crash on the other end sounded like glass breaking. Percy looked at Roy with wide eyes as he practically jumped out of bed. "Nevermind, we're in."

Clearly tired and annoyed, Roy glanced at the ungodly time on his alarm clock. "I'm on my way." He hung up and turned to Percy. "My idiot friends are breaking into my apartment. Do you want to go there with me to deal with that? If you don't, you can always stay here and sleepmore."

"No, I'll come with you." She stood and stretched her back out, trying to discretely watch him pull on a shirt. Which reminded her, her own shirt would be visibly blood-stained in the daylight. "Can I borrow a shirt?"

"Huh?" He asked, as if he hadn't heard her. Then cleared his throat and, with his cheeks tinted pink, said, "Oh, sure. In the dresser behind you."

She was also probably blushing, she realized as she turned and opened a drawer. The first article of clothing she grabbed was a pink child size t-shirt. "Whose is this?"

"Donna's or Kaleigh's, I think." He hesitated before continuing. "I used to sneak all my friends into the mansion when we first started drinking." He smiled and breathed a small laugh. "We could steal Ollie's booze, since we couldn't buy our own. They all brought clothes after the first time because a few of the guys got in trouble at home when their parents caught a whiff of them. Sometimes they left clothes here, like that." Roy turned his eyes away and pretended to be looking for something. "You'll probably find something with a better fit in the top drawer."

"Okay." Percy noticed when she opened the drawer that it was far from full, but it was almost all girl's clothes, only a few scattered boy's tee shirts. Not thinking about the implications, she grabbed a larger shirt and changed quickly while he had his back to her. Even quicker, she did the same with a pair of jeans, which were a little too big around the waist. So she pulled the string from a hoodie and the drawer and quickly tightened it through the belt loops. For some reason Percy found herself thinking about how Roy looked away when he mentioned the top drawer. That was awkward, right? Out of character for him, from what she could tell. But she let it slide, because she didn't know the full story. After putting on her shoes, she pulled her messy hair into a ponytail and turned to look at Roy who was now on the ground rummaging under the bed.

"What are you looking for?"

"An old research binder that I used to keep around here when I first started working with Ollie." He strategically moved around the room checking strange places. "I was paranoid and moved it around all the time when I used it. I don't know where I put it last."

"Oh, is there something important in it?"

"Maybe," he shrugged, "I think I might have something on a major crimelord in the city. I'm pretty sure there are some incidents I noted a while back that could help with my investigation."