Chapter 4

"That's your house?" Karens eyes went wide as Evelyn opened the door. It was more like a big mansion or hotel.

"Yea its no big deal." She went inside with the super right behind her.

Karen chuckled and took her shoes off. "No big deal yea." She snorted, her eyes wandering over the walls who were plastered with family pictures.

"I'm taking a wild guess, our apartment is not that big?"

"No it's more like a small flat with a kitchen in the living room and one bed. All I could afford with a job as a waitress."

Evelyn watched her wander around. "You are a waitress?"

"Waitress at day, super at night." They looked at each other and laughed.

"EVELYN!!" A voice came from the living room, startling them.

"Oh god." Evelyn rolled her eyes. "Ready for some embarrassment." She muttered and lead her friend further into the house to where the voice came from.

Few seconds later they were greeted by her mother whos lips started to form a bright smile as she spotted the blue haired girl. "Hey sweety." She stepped closer to hug her daughter.

"Ugh, mom!" Evelyn smiled a little but quickly pulled away, clearly embarrassed.

"Whos that?" Her mother stepped closer towards Karen.

The super smiled at her and shook her hand. "I'm Karen, I'm friends with your daughter."

"You are?" Mrs. Deavor seemed to be more than pleased. "Thats wonderful!"

Evelyn sighed and took Karens hand. "Yes, it's not a highlight. Shes going to stay with us for a while, we have a few things to work on...im helping her with a school project..so we will be going..." She pulled her towards the stairs.

"Alright sweety, but the door stays open!" Her mother yelled after them, causing Evelyn to groan once more. "Moooom!"

Karen laughed at the scene and let herself be lead upstairs to her room. "Damn you have everything big right?" She sat on a chair by her working table, taking in the design of her room. It wasn't very fancy, more cozy and chill, just like Evelyn.

The girl shot her a smirk at the choice of her words. "Really, Karen?"

"Oh!" She giggled and started to blush as it dawned her what she just said. "Not like that! I'm-"

"Its okay." Evelyn giggled along with her, loading her school stuff on her drawer after she closed the door. "I like your humor."

"I know."

The girl turned her head to watch Karen inspect the things on her working desk. It was completely knew for her to feel a connection towards a person like this and actually like them. She couldn't suppress a grin.

"You like feeling at home huh?"

Karen grinned and gazed back at her, rolling over to her with the chair. "It's easy when we are practically already friends for ages now."

"Right, that-"

Suddenly the door threw open and a tall guy marched in, interrupting them. "MOM SAID THE DOORS GOTTA STAY OPEN!!" His eyes fell from Evelyn to Karen and he grinned sly. "Well hello there." He offered his hand to Karen while he inspected her.

The blue haired girl couldn't stop herself from giggling at the scenario in front of her. Evelyn looked like she was about to explode because of him. "Hi!" She shook his hand. "I'm Karen, Evelyns friend."

"Are you now?" He arched his brow at his little sister. "Only a friend?"

"WINSTON!" Evelyn growled and rolled her eyes annoyed.

He didn't stop grinning, even tho she looked like she was about to kick his ass. "If you ever wanna hear some things about Eve, hit me up Karen."

"What are you doing here?" Evelyn threw in to get his attention back.

Winston got even more amused with every word from his sister. "Cockblocking duty." He winked at both. "Mom sent me."

The girl started to blush heavily and threw her pillow at him. "Get out!"

Karen couldn't help but laugh as well. "It's alright I'm innocent." She reassured him.

"You are but Ev is not so much." He punched his sisters shoulder gently.

Evelyn hid her face in her hands as she groaned. "This can't be true!"

Karen giggled and patted her shoulder. "It's alright." She muffled her laughs with her hand.

"Don't worry Ev, It's gonna be even worse when Dad comes home." He chuckled and waved at them before he left the room.

Evelyn looked up at the super, scratching her head embarrassed. "So that was-"

"Your brother, Winston. I know." Karen sighed happily.

"Whos the genius now?" She teased her, laughing along with her.