Chapter 5

Karen was very tempted to stay in bed when the alarm rung this morning. Evelyn and her had been up quite long after the dinner with her Dad and talked about a lot of things the older version of her friend hadn't told her yet.

With a sigh she took the paper from the school secretary, looking at her first lesson. It had to be maths. The super groaned and went to the hall to look for her locker. "Not going to the same school as Evelyn really sucks."

Her eyes were focused on the paper in her hands as she suddenly bumped into someone. "Shoot! I'm sorry!"

Karen came face to face with Helen, who was offering her the cutest smile she ever witnessed. "Hey! It's alright." Her hand reached out to touch Karen's, slightly pulling her closer. "What's gotten your attention?" Helen looked at her schedule.

"The shock of math in the morning." Karen joked, grinning as she watched her favorite super.

"Truly horrible!" Helen fake gasped, clutching her chest. "It's my favorite subject."

"No shit?"

"Language! And yes."

The blue haired girl had to chuckle at her attitude. "Wow. Full of surprises aren't you?"

"Move it!!" Some guy walked through the hall, his friends behind. Karen assumed it must be one of these football brats and rolled her eyes.

A tall girl with dark brown hair stood a few lockers away from the pair. Her head low as she tried to look away from them.

The group ignored her but a few seconds later a blonde and a red haired girl followed behind them.

Karen watched them as she slapped the books out of the brunettes girls hands.

"Get out of my way, freak." The blonde laughed and Karen had enough. "Just a second." She briefly glanced at Helen before she stormed over to them. "Hey!! Apologise!" She pulled the girl back by her bag, forcing her to face them.

"What do you think you are doing?!" She scoffed at Karen.

"I said apologise to her." The super tried to stay calm as she stood beside the tall stranger. Her gaze wandered over the two girls and she figured they were cheerleaders as well.

"I don't think so."

"What are you staring at, Lesbo?" The redhead threw in.

"I'm asking that myself, fuckface." Karen smiled amused at the irritation on the girls face.

Before she could stop it the cheerleader jumped at her, tackling her down. Karen reacted and they broke out in a fight quickly.

Students started to crowd around them and soon even the teachers got the hint. "TO YOUR CLASSES!!" A female voice rung through the halls, causing the students to run off. "Miss Conrad!" The teacher pulled the redhead away before her eyes fell upon Karen. "Who are you?"

"Fields. Karen." She held her swollen eye which was turning all kinds of purple already as she got up. "I'm new."

"To the principal. Both of you." The teacher growled as she took them with her.

xxxxxx

Karen got an ice pack from the teacher to cool her eye as she sat in front of the office. She had gotten detention for a week and needed to write an essay. At least no maths, she chuckled a little to herself.

"Hi."

A voice pushed her out of her thoughts and she looked up, spotting the brunette girl from earlier.

"Hey." Karen offered her a small smile.

The brunette came closer and sat down beside her. "Sorry to disturb you, I wanted to thank you."

"You don't need to-"

"I do. I don't even know you but you stood up for me. That's really nice."

"Karen." The super offered her a hand.

"Gail." She took it gentle, smiling at her. "Does it hurt bad?" Gail glanced up at her blue eye.

"Its alright. You should see the other girl." They chuckled together.

"What did she get?"

"A broken nose and a week in detention with me."

"Sucks."

Karen shrugged her shoulders. "It was always my dream to sit in detention with some aggressive cheerleader who wants to kill me."

Gail shook her head, amused about her humor. "You're cool, Karen." She bumped her shoulder gently. "I have to get back in class. Don't hesitate to reach out for me if you need anything."

"Sure thing!" Karen waved her goodbye.

Once she was allowed to leave, Karen thanked the teacher for the Ice and handed it back. The girl run her hand through her hair lazily as she strolled out on the hallway.

"Little Savior!" Helen chirped and gripped her shoulders, jumping excited.

"Hey. Are you stalking me?" Karen giggled at her, glancing over at the girl. "What's up?"

"That looks bad." Helen faced her, her fingers tracing over the skin under her swollen eye. "Ouch. You're kind of a badass."

"I'm really not." Karen shrugged her shoulders, wincing a little at the pain.

"You are for the whole school."

"Oh nooo."

"Yeees! Everybody knows already!"

The super wanted to slap herself. So much for not attracting attention. "They don't pay attention to that for long anyways." She told herself more than she told Helen.

The other super still wore a grin smile on her face. "One of my cheermates throws a party this weekend. You are invited."

"I am..?" Karen arched her brow curiously. "Why?"

"You're new, you had a fight with one of the most beasty girls in this school. People like your image."

"Weird." The super was completely new to this. In her own time she was one of the shy girls who went by unnoticed by everyone, never hoping to attract any kind of attention. "Are you coming?"

Helen nodded happily, linking her arm with the tall girls. "Of course."

"Alright, then I will come too." Her eyes fell down to their arms. She still had to get used to Helen being around this often. "Can I bring friends?"

"You're here for only one day and you already have friends?"

"Yes." Karen smiled. "Gail, the girl I got this eye for and Evelyn, the friend from devtech."

"Ahh right, your mysterious millionaire friend." Helen giggled and leaned up to peck her cheek, causing Karen to blush. "Bring whoever you like, as long as you hang with me as well." She let go of her. "See you at the party, Fields!"

Karen watched her walk away flustered. "Holy shit." She whispered to herself.