"The Next Two"

Hiccup

They pushed us roughly toward the ship. I looked back and saw my father, anger and worry in his eyes. Toothless was forced to stay back. We struggled against our captors but it was no use. Soon we were aboard the ship and surrounded by vikings who were deciding what to do with my princess- the princess.

The viking who was guarding me sneered and jabbed me with his elbow. I doubled over. Did I just say that out loud?

Dagur was negotiating with the man clothed in black.

"Let's ransom her parents and when they send the money, we send the princess and wait until she returns to us!"

Return to them? She would never-

"That would be a very good idea, Dagur," The man said, flashing Dagur an impressed look. "Now we just have two more to go."

Two more? Who else?

The viking who was guarding me left and whispered something in Dagur's ear, and Dagur whispered it to the man. The man sneered and turned toward me.

"Aw, it looks like there's a romance here, how cute. At least the viking boy seems to be in love with the princess." Oh no. I looked at Merida and she was staring at me with wide eyes. I could feel my cheeks warming up, and I looked away.

There was a jolt and I looked up. We'd stopped at the edge of a forest.

"Hmm, let's see, Jack and....Rapunzel," the man said, dragging out the last name, and with a wave of his hand, two figures made of black sand floated in the air.

My eyes widened.

He can create forces out of nothing.... I remembered my dad's warning.

Suddenly he reached up and closed his fist on the figures, which had appeared to be a staff and a frying pan. Strange. The figures dissipated into nothing and the man turned to Dagur once more.

"Take them to OUtcast Island while I get the other two" was the only thing he said. Then he vanished into the shadows. He became a shadow.

And what about Merida? As I thought of her I felt my cheeks getting warm again. I hope this goes well for me.