Chapter 13: Family Ties

1416 hours August 30th, 2160

Aboard Perditus Terra, Interrogation Hall, Decade System

My name is Isaac... Isn't it? I woke up with a slap to the face. The hands of the Incolma were large and very good at hitting things. The computers at the Hopsital. I looked up, into the face of The Wise One. He looked interested in something.

"You are very resilient, aren't you, Human."

"Look, if we're going to talk, I'd like you to call me Admiral, please. I refer to you as The Wise One, you should return the favor." He looked like he didn't like that.

"Fine," he spat, "Admiral. What is it that you wan to know?" I hadn't really had time to think of it all, I guess I want to know about Hav'rte. and our race, and what the meaning to life is, but right now, I want to know where my ship is.

"Where is my ship at right now?"

"In our Hangar, being stripped apart."

"The Whole thing? How am I supposed to get back to my home?"

"You will get back home. Right after you give us the coordinates to Tearra." Shit. 

"Okay, but first, I get answers."

"Go on, then Admiral, I'm waiting for you."

"Do you know who Ship Lord Hav'rte Menajea is?" This startled everyone.

"I do."

"Are you aware that he was killed in the impact when My brothers and I came through the glass on the other ship?"

"I am" He seemed to be getting annoyed by these questions.

"Then I'm sure that you know about the things that he tried to bring to your attention."

"I am unaware of what it is you mean, Admiral."

"Oh, are you? Because from my understanding, you have all of your Ship Lords send you weekly Logs. Maybe this one just didn't get through to your offices, let me tell it to you." I tried to remember it, just the key points, and all of a sudden I started to shout it out, recite it like I had studied it for weeks.

When I was done, the entire room was silent. The some of the others started to look angry. Some looked relieved. How did they understand it? I said it in English. 

"None of that is true." He looked pissed off at this point.

"It isn't? But sir, according to him, you've said that before. Why should I believe you?"

"Because right now your putrid life in in my hands." I looked him in the eyes and stood up, everyone in the room reached for their guns, even the ones who were relaxed by my tale.

"Holy Lord, I think you are afraid. Afraid that you know that Humanity is a far less evolved race than you are yourselves, and that we are smarter than you. I think you are worried by the fact your people are having a hard time producing offspring. I believe that you are doing these things to us, things you've never done to another race before in your history, because you want to distract your people from the fact that you will not exist for too much longer." I got into his face. the air escaping hie nostrils was ungodly. "You are a coward." He stood up, over two feet taller than me. He took a step back.

"I will give you to the count of three to run. After that I will have everyone in this room shoot you. One" I looked him in the eyes, perfectly still, to call his bluff. "Two." Everyone lifted their guns and took aim. I step closer to him. "Three."

Everything happened in such a hurry that time itself seemed to slow down, just to compensate for all of the details going into the next few seconds. I grabbed him in the chest and spun him around to face the firing squad. Everyone's faces changed but they continued to fire for the next 2.56 seconds. I let go of the body and bolted for the door, I could feel my spine working to give me as much speed as it could.

I got out of the room, only to be greeted by more Incolma. I fell to my knees and slid across the smooth metal surface. I stopped 9.32 feet from my drop spot, behind a wall of sorts, and everything sped back up. I was trying to catch my breath. I had just ran at least thirty miles an hour, but I had not run short of air. It was like I hadn't even done it. the sounds stopped ringing and the sounds of laser rounds pinging off of reinforced alien metals was all I could hear. I felt something behind me. Then the tap on my shoulder. I had no weapon. I was going to die.

I turned around to see the face of an Incolma as scared as I was. He had a name tag on his jump suit that said Utanrehe Menajea. He isn't wearing armor? Why not?

"Did you really learn these things from my Brother?" He said it in perfect English. He must be a scientist.

"The things that I told The Wise One? Yes, I intercepted his Log."

"He was very brave. No one else would approach the Holy Council on such matters."

"Well, he did."

"He truly believed these things you've learned. So did many of us. We do not want to kill you and your people, but help in anyway we can. I sent a message to my followers, and they know of you now. They call you Saviour. I would like to aid you, Saviour, but I am not sure how to." I thought for a second, or two. 

"Are you armed?"

"Yes."

"Are you willing to die for your Cause?"

"If I weren't, then there wouldn't be any purpose in following it, I will die for the chance that you will live." I looked at him, and almost telepathically, we understood what needed to happen then and there.

"I must tell you something, before you are able leave this place."

"What is it?"

"The override to all of our technology." He took my hand, and my head in the other and whispered to me in a version of Latin so old, I don't think there is really any translation for it. He told me, "Pugnae fortiorem voluntatem Dei nulla est anima."

We looked at each other for the last time, he yelled, "CEASE YOUR FIRE! The Humana is dead! Come my brothers, lie down your weapons and take arm, as we have lost a Holy Lord today!" I heard a few clangs of metal hitting metal as the guns touched the floor. Utanrehe nodded at me and I stood and ran, he lifted his gun and started to shoot like there was no tomorrow, and for him there wasn't. I got to the hangar, but not before looking back and seeing Utanrehe's face hit the metal with four holes in different spots of his head. He was dead, as was his brother, but they died to help humanity, I will never forget that.

The hangar door closed behind me with a fast swish. I found the ship that had the name MENAJEA written across it in green letters. I got in and recited the words. It started and said, "Select a destination for autopilot." These ships had a completely opposite type of voice than ours. Ours was a sweet, calm woman's voice. This was a harsh, crude sounding, male voice. It doesn't matter, Isaac, get going! I yelled Tearra!"

"Sorry, that place is lost, and cannot be found. Please select another destination." I thought of where I could go that they've been recently. "That's a good one. Computer, let's go to Dreadnought, in the Master System."

"Destination confirmed." And we took off. I went into the open Comms of my suit. 'If anyone can hear this, please respond. This is Vice Admiral Isaac Free. I am heading towards Dreadnought III in the Master System. Please, any MWR personnel, respond."

Slience...

"This is Bret Waard the IV, I read you loud and clear, Isaac. We will rendezvous with you at Dreadnought. Over."

"Affirmative, brother, meet you there."

"I can't wait."