3: Moving Day

TJ and Split Spark looked at Enigma with worry. "Could that happen to her?" TJ asked looking at the still smoking frame.

"Yes," Shockwave answered flatly.

"And you still expect her to scan a predacon form?" Split Spark demanded raising his voice a little walking towards Shockwave.

"Yes," Enigma answered for him, she scanned a skeleton up and down.

"'NIG NO!" TJ called running towards her.

The sound of transformation started but half way through stuttered. The two preds held their breath. There was the sound of gears grinding for a moment before the transformation resumed and Enigma assumed her new beast form.

She was, much like in bot mode, smaller than the other two. She was a rottweiler with dull violet instead of black and maroon instead of brown. Her nails were longer and sharper, much like her muzzle, and she had grey ram like horns that matched her scaly tail that ended in a snake head with yellow optics and mean looking fangs. She had a strong pair of wings folded at her shoulders, and a smaller pair folded at her mid back.

"Dang," TJ commented in admeration.

Enigma turned to shock wave, "What now?" she asked.

"Observation," he answered.

They all headed back into the lab, Split Spark brought the unlucky test subject back per Shockwave's request. They went back to bot mode and checked out the new look, there were hints of their new alt mode all across their bot form. Shockwave began to take vitals and took energon samples to see if anything had changed.

"You three may go refuel," he ordered, Enigma nodded and led the other two off. Shockwave was distracted from setting up the autopsy on the dead subject by increased activity from the predacon. She was scratching at the wall closest to the lab, Shockwave pondered if this was caused by the presence of other predacons. Was she hoping they would help her? Did she feel territorial? So much about her behavior he didn't understand, "What are you saying?" he asked out loud.

Other predacons! Maybe they would fight! It had excited her, she had been standing peering out of the tiny window. She watched waiting for them to do something but they didn't attack, they where speaking the same language as the bipedal creatures. She continued to watch then they changed form, they were also bipeds! Where they also the enemy? So much about them she didn't understand.

The purple one with one optic looked in at her, she didn't like him, he reminded her of a beast she had once had to fight for territory, he had only had one optic but fought like he had both of them. She had won no less, but he had talked about weird things. The being at the center of the ground. She had decided to let it slide once she had run him off, but she started to wonder about it now, with all that was happening that didn't seem so far fetched.

The days passed again quickly as Shockwave ran tests and developed theories but all of it was put on hold when a message came from Megatron. They were moving to Earth. What was earth? A pathetic planet, inhabited by organic life, that the autobots had apparently decided to congregate on. Megatron had decided to move Shockwave, and incidentally his experiment, to earth.

This would be a process, he would have to make sure all of the essential equipment got transported, that he brought enough fuel to run said equipment, and that he had a way to contain the predacon. He was of course bringing his three successful subjects with him, they where the answer to predacon super soldiers, and they would make excellent security should any unwanted attention fall upon him.

He drafted soldiers to help him pack up and enlisted his three super soldiers to start moving the equipment onto the ship. He chose to not take chances and decided the best option would be to sedate the predacon for transport. It had taken a lot of sedatives but eventually she was under and he had designed a smaller enclosure for the predacon to be transported in.

Eventually the ship was packed and Shockwave, along with his test subjects, the predacon, and a crew to run the ship where all on board.

She didn't wake up until five days into the journey, she was on her side in a box that was barely large enough for her. Light entered through diagonal slits in the box, they were also the only means of air flow. A tube came into the box through a window slit and was connect to her back, it was streaming something in through a needle in her back plating. She was almost too dizzy to stand, she felt tired like her eyelids where trying to shut without her consent. She managed to get to her feet and look out for a few seconds, around her were walls that led up to a ceiling that she couldn't see from where she was. Shortly after she lost her balance and wound up back on the floor, she was too loopy to try and escape her box. After about five minutes of fighting it she dozed off and slept deep.

Megatron was awaiting their arrival when the ship landed. They had chosen a place deep in the mountains where humans wouldn't bother them. Once the ship touched down Shockwave met with Megatron, "So have the experiments been promising?" he asked cutting straight to the chase.

"Indeed Lord Megatron," Shockwave answered, he tapped his com and called the trio. Once they got off the ship Shockwave had them transform, Megatron was impressed, with soldiers like these he could crush the autobots with ease.

"How soon can there be more of them?" he asked.

"I'm not sure, I ran the same test with others after them with identical circumstances, they were the only successful subjects," Shockwave answered.

Megatron nodded, "Have we had any progress controlling the beast?" he asked.

"We do not speak the same language, but I have a new test in order to see if communication is possible," Shockwave answered.

"Then don't let me keep you."