Good For You

Patrick

The 2010 playoffs start and we had home ice advantage for what can be seen as the whole post season should things work out the right way. We were first in the central and second in the western meaning that our crowd was going to help us out immensely throughout how ever far we go. We were taking on the Nashville Predators in the first round and I was excited to get going.

Except there's one little tiny issue. It appears that I'm coming down with some sort of bug and it was ugly, I'm talking about vomiting and a fever and body aches ugly. I went the doctor but they say it's viral so I just have to wait it out. With rest and taking care of my body properly I should be back on my feet in no time. But I don't have time for that so Madeline has been trying to help me get better quicker the best she can. She had her personal doctors work with me and she's been doing a pretty good job of it herself.

"That feels really good" I mumble as she drags a cool rag across my forehead. My body was so hot I thought the water was going to start boiling on my head.

"Are you feeling any better" she asks.

"Well I haven't violently thrown up in about a hour so that's good" I admit.

"Do you want me to make you something to eat" she questions.

"Do you have some chicken and roasted potatoes" I wonder.

"No, but I can get you some" she says.

"But I don't want you to leave me" I admit as I look up at her. My head rested in her lap and she looked at me. She takes the towel off my head before dipping it in cold water and placing it back there.

"How am I supposed to get you food then" she giggles.

"Don't you have people for that" I pout and she laughs.

"I actually do, I'll give them a call" she insists.

She calls in my food order and it should be here in about 30 minutes. In the mean time I was going to sit here with my eyes closed and try not to keep groaning. But it's hard because I feel like complete crap and groaning did help a little.

"Can you sing to me" I question trying to pass the time.

"Of course baby, what do you want to hear" she wonders.

"Something you haven't sung to anyone before" I say.

"I have a lot of those, but none that I am thinking of that I can do off the top of my head" she insists.

"Try" I beg.

"There is one... I almost put on the album but I decided against it. I might sing it on tour but I'm not really sure yet. It's special" she explains.

"I would love to hear it" I admit.

"I'll sing it... just for you" she promises.

I softly close my eyes as she starts to run her fingers through my hair. I try not say much as let her voice ring out in my ear and take me over.

"I was lost for a while but you finally found me
You gave me love and hope and set my heart free
I've been a lot of places that fills me with glee
But being together with you is my favorite place to be.

Even though it's hard
To follow your heart
I'll be right there
Right from the start
To tell you it's true
I love the way you do the things you do
You'll go far, I always knew
And I'll be there too

I just wanna be good for you

It hasn't been too long since you've been around
You came into my life, flipped it upside down
Got me losing my mind running all over town
I can't help but love you, you make my heart pound

Even though it's hard
To follow your heart
I'll be right there
Right from the start
To tell you it's true
I love the way you do the things you do
You'll go far, I always knew
And I'll be there too

I just wanna be good for you

Sometimes life's hard and you just don't know why
Why it hurts to be here, why do we have to say goodbye
No matter how dark you just have to try
To spread out your wings, you'll learn how to fly

And I'll be there for you
Oh, I'll be there for you.

I just want in your life, be what's good for you
I promise I'll be faithful through and through
And by your side I'll be stuck like glue

I just wanna be good for you.
Yeah, I'll be good for you"

"Woah" I whisper. "That was so beautiful. Why didn't you put it on the album" I wonder.

"Because I never got it to sound the way I wanted" she explains.

"Why not" I question.

"I don't know. It was my favorite song for a while but I always thought this was going to be our song. Just for me and you to know. But then I got caught up in other things and never really finished it" she says.

"Well I love it. I think you should finish it then only sing it to me" I insist and she giggles.

"Who knows, maybe it'll be our wedding song" she mentions and I smile. I open my eyes to see her staring down at me.

"You want to get married to me" I ask.

"Eventually, yeah. I can see me with you forever, have some kids and be unconditionally happy" she smiles.

"I didn't know you felt like that" I admit.

"You never asked" she teases.

"When do you want all that stuff" I wonder. We had to talk about our future sometime, why not now?

"I don't really care. I don't see my life slowing down any time soon. If I want to wait for this all to be over before I makes those kind of moves my life would have been pissed away waiting for that some time to come. I'm not one to let things happen to me, I like to make them happen. Although I would like to hold off on the starting family thing, I just turned 21, I'm in no rush to have kids at all" she insists.

"So what would happens if I proposed soon" I wonder and she gives me a questionable look. "Don't worry. I haven't done anything yet. But what if I did" I question.

"Nothing would make me happier than being a part of your family. To be tied to you for the rest on my life and live knowing that I'm the luckiest girl alive" she says making me smile big.

"Good to know."