Part 8 (Final part)

Without the slightest hesitation, Robert slid the key into its lock. A rewarding click was heard, and at last all of his restless work had been of worth!

What he had perceived as a slight draft at first, thrust open the door with an unpredicted force. Lying before his eyes was a place not to be spoken of even in hushed tones in the darkest night. For no scene, as frightful as it may be, is deserving of the mention of these horrors within Philip Richard's closet.

That hellish fiend! He had known in full of this land beyond the door! What a selfish man to withhold these terrors from me. He had assumed I could not yet bear to deal with the implications of these horrors, yet here I am! At long last, I've come into the presence of this power, and at no expense to my well being!

The sanity of Robert William Lash was well into remission at this point. His obsession with this "land beyond the door" had eaten away at it slowly. And then, as he encountered its unrestricted power, his mind reached a point of decadence in which he had no hope in returning from. It is here that Robert was last heard of in London, or any other place within this realm. I am wary to say that it was his end, for the possibility of his existence within this land of unworldly stature is undeniable.