James Rhodes has been wanting to do this for years

James Rhodes (or Rhodey if you actually knew the man, as dubbed by his best friend) was relaxing on one of the Towers couches when his phone rang.

His brows furrowed when he saw his nephew's picture. Wasn't Peter patrolling? He was usually terrible about asking for help ("wonder who he got that from huh Tony? "
"Shut up! Steve's terrible at that too")

He received the call.

"Hey uncle Rhodey!" Peter says, his usual enthusiastic voice replaced by I'm-guilty-please-don't-suspect-anything voice that Rhodey has become familiar with since Tony met him in College.

"Peter, is something wrong?"

"NO! Yes? Well- I mean, remember when I told you that Dads said that Dr. Strange told them some people from the past are coming to the future?"

".... Yes?"

"Well, turns out there are three of them, and Wade found them first and called me because he was on his bike, and it's not gonna hold them, and I freaked out because Wade doesn't normally ask for help (Rhodey despairs for the next generation of dumbasses who don't ask for help) so I got there and no one was hurt that much or anything so that was a plus and-"

"Peter...." he cut in

"Right, so I was gonna call uncle Sam, but he was in DC, then I was gonna call Uncle Bruce, but I don't think he could keep calm, and the Hulk in the middle of the city isn't really ideal, and I really think Pops would kill the guy, and you might be busy-"

"Peter, do you need me to pick you guys up?" he asks already taking his car keys and walking out. (Exoskeleton ftw)

"Yeah.... But Uncle Rhodey , you need to be ready."

"...... Alright I'll bite, why do I need to be ready?" he tracks Peter from his phone.

"Three year old Dad uncle Rhodey ! I just talked to toddler Tony stark!"

Rhodey dashed the rest of the way to the car.

"So toddler Tony is a menace then? That's why I have to be ready?" he asks when he reaches the Car, putting his phone on speaker and placing it on the dashboard. Tony always said he was a well behaved child, Rhodey , for obvious reasons, didn't believe him.

"No, actually, dad has been an angel...... That's the problem" ok, so maybe it had been a bad idea to talk while he was driving, he wasn't even out of the driveway and already he almost slammed the brakes.

"He's been a what?"

"I Know! He's Tony freaking Rogers-Stark, you'd expect him to be a problem child right? Maybe ask questions a mile a minute, maybe just be running around, but nothing! He's been perfectly behaved, the only time he showed any excitement is when I asked about Captain America, but other than that, nothing! He hasn't even talked without being spoken to. " Peter honestly sounded really worried for the younger version of Tony.

"But..... He's Tony!" Rhodey couldn't help but exclaim. His best friend has always been a little ball of energy. ("Screw you and your above average height platypus " the man had said when he first heard) he's always talking, or moving or..... Just doing something.

"And he's not why you should be ready."

"Lets backtrack a little, you said he hasn't even been talking unless spoken to? Aren't you wearing your suit? He didn't even ask about the technology? " come on! There's no way

"Trust me I was weirded out too....... Well, actually...... I was..... More angry than surprised. "

"I have a really bad feeling about this, but why?"