America (steve) is confusion

I'm more proud of finding that picture than I am of this chapter tbh

®®®®®®®®®®‌‌‌‌‌‌‌®®®®®®®

The ride back to the tower was nearly silent. Possibly because both Howard and Maria was passed out. Normally Wade would talk it up, but he didn't want to wake up the couple and stir up more trouble. He, was, however having a conversation with the boxes

Peter and Wade was not fooled for even a second when Rhodey asked the little boy to sit on his lap as he drives just to conserve space.

("Peter you can ride shotgun, and Wade could handle the two better when they wake up. "

"What about him?"  Wade asks waving at the three year old. Tony was standing a bit away from them, but not really near his parents. He knew Peter wanted to talk to the kid, but didn't. He didn't want to scare the kid.

"He could sit on my lap." Rhody says.

"Wouldn't it be better to have him sit with me?" Peter asks amused, but he wouldn't actually slight his uncle this chance....... Besides, he has...... Plans.

"Yeah, but I wouldn't want you to be uncomfortable "

Rhodey could feel the unimpressed look on their face even with their mask on.

"Uh huh, and it has nothing to do with you being able to cuddle him?"

Rhodey didn't bother with pretenses this time,

"Oh come on! You guys can see how squishy he looks, how could I not want to cuddle him!" he whisper shouted they didn't protest, they knew what Rhodey was doing.

Ladies and gentlemen,   Lieutenant Colonel, James Rhodes, Iron patriot, former military liaison to  Stark industries and secret Cuddle slut.

Well.... Secret to everyone except his family. )

When they reached the tower, Peter immediately grabbed Tony's hand and was planning on leaving his boyfriend and uncle to deal with Howard and Maria.

"Where are you going?" Rhody asks radiating indignation.

"Remember how I mentioned , he's a fan of Captain America? " Peter asks as Tony takes the tower in wide eyed,

"Yes?"

Peter stared at him meaningfully until he understood.

"Oh! Yeah ok, do that, he'll like that." Rhodey says with a smile and a nod. Somehow Peter, Wade and Rhodey had a mutual unspoken agreement to make the time in the future, however brief, as fun for little Tony as they can.

When Peter leant down to pick Tony up, the boy in question recoiled from him.

"What are you doing?" he asks brows furrowed and pouting.

"I'm.... Picking you up?" Peter asks confused.

"It's fine, I can walk." The boy says curtly.

"Yeah, but it'll be easier if I carry you" Peter goes to pick the boy up again, and the boy surprises him by moving out of the way.

"It's.  Fine." Tony grits out. Then looks back at the car to see Rhodey and Wade were taking his parents to a different direction.

"Dad doesn't like it if I'm getting coddled,  and there was enough of that when I was in the other guy's lap." he says quietly, sadly,  as though he was afraid of the man hearing.

Spider-man.

Doesn't

Kill

People